+++Age of Darkness Loyalist Outpost (AoD-L)+++

Yeah, what he ^ said. Stru, you are a madman! :lol: Good luck and may the Emperor have mercy on you. No, wait... may your wife have mercy on you. ;) Edited by Semper Fortis

Stru! Glad the weather gods are on your side... them and the guiding hand of the emperor as your talisman for completion of your first army sized vow and now this second!

My hopes that you have a worthy adversary who can go toe to toe with your boys in blue

Progress continues. I will finish this thing before the cutoff this week.

It definitely isn't like building and painting the old Baneblade. You remember the Armourcast one with almost no detail but heavy enough to be a deadly weapon if thrown? I think I have another one around here somewhere. That and a quart of house paint should make a quick vow. :lol: Nah, I'm saving it for a conversion for an Ordo Reductor tank.

gallery_86689_11936_956402.jpg

Pics soon, but I've just about done all the blue on ~2.8k points of Ultramarines. Should have it all done tomorrow night. A stunning development in the Manchu household, as well. It turns out my wife can't hear the compressor running when she's upstairs in the bedroom, which means I can run it at night! Which is why I'm still awake at 1:35am. :D

@Fortis - Great stuff! It's progressing really well. Can't wait to see more!

Stru, you are crazy - that's official! :lol:

And Fortis? great progress there - keep walking!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Actually, Cap'n, it's more of a crawl than a walk but I'm still moving forward. :lol: And Stru, here's more though it's not very impressive. As for the rest of you lot, let's see some WIP, let's hear some excitement! Help me out with a little motivation.

gallery_86689_11936_412622.jpg

As for the rest of you lot, let's see some WIP, let's hear some excitement! Help me out with a little motivation.

Guess I should help you out, you've been a MACHINE!  

I've busy cleaning up some Assault Marines for a late-ETL vow, instead of working on my final project for grad school :rolleyes: :

20190802 175059

I want to hold off on making a vow until my grad classes are done at the end of week, and the fabricators (my buddy who is a Titan builder extraordinaire) get back to me about a Lucius Warhound I salvaged!   Should be able to do some heavy lifting in this last month - No classwork, a two-day army painting class, and the motivation to field a Titan for 30k events at the upcoming NOVA Open.  Here's hoping I can make a big follow-up vow next week!  

More Custodes are on the way. Just placed an order for:

Constantine Valdor

Jenetia Krole

A Sagittarum Squad

1 Telemon Dreadnought

1 Contemptor Galatus

1 Raven Guard Dark Fury Squad

Should be here by the end of the week, and I'll get that one character I pledged knocked out and the rest of these guys built/based/pledged as soon as they come in.

We're in the final stretch now, gents. Don't let off the gas. Get your pledges in, and get another one ready, even if its 1 squad for 200 points. Every point matters, and we can bury the traitors this ETL.

Stru, you are crazy - that's official! :laugh.:

Crazy like a fox! :biggrin.:

So good news, bad news...

The good news is that all of the blue is done! Huzzah!

gallery_67188_8872_25649.jpg

However, the bad news is that I'm pretty sure my airbrush nozzle has a crack in it, because after fully cleaning it (the whole thing - overnight soaking, ultrasonic cleaner, etc.) it's still spitting paint out when I'm only pressing for air. Which means that, for now, I can't use it. That's not the worst thing, because the most important thing to get done was the blue, which is sorted. It does mean though that I won't be able to do the marble effect on the Land Raiders that I was hoping to have a go at.

Ah well. Progress is progress. Starting either bases or blocking out the gold tonight. Onwards, my frater!

Edited by StruManChu

It is, but a humble completion, but another 195 points are done for the Emperor and for the Loyalists. Alright, where are my Loyalists at? I'm seeing a lot of first vows pledged but not yet finished. We are in striking distance of winning this thing. We have to rally here, time is running short. My vow 5 will be incoming as soon as the models arrive.

gallery_106786_15606_28516.jpg

gallery_106786_15606_185869.jpg

Good point! Let's see some first vows finished - we have the Week 10 Update cut-off tomorrow...

Oh, and I assume you're declaring completion for your 4th vow? Let me know if got this wrong...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Vow 3 complete:

gallery_86689_11936_279790.jpg

Vow 4:

I, Semper Fortis , rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Age of Darkness - Loyalists and vow to complete:

Fellblade, command tank, space marine crew (565 pts.)

Leviathan Dreadnought, volkite caliver, phosphex discharger, cyclonic melts lance, grav-flux bombard (345 pts.)

of total value 910 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring my legion eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

For Dorn and for the Emperor!

I'll post before pics later. Right now I'm going to get some much needed sleep.

Before pic of Daddy Fellblade and his little buddy Leviathan.

gallery_86689_11936_1074363.jpg

Edited by Semper Fortis

Take a look at those stats, brothers. We just dropped to 2nd place behind the Dark Angels, but only by 948 points. We're still 2236 points ahead of the 3rd place Blood Angels - last year's winners! We can do this! Let's get our outstanding vows completed and perhaps throw in another if there's time. Just make sure you don't shoot yourself in the foot by making a last vow that you can't finish. That would wipe out everything from your previous vows.

How about you guys who haven't completed your first vows? Can any of you manage to crank those out before the deadline? Don't forget we'll be penalized for any vows left incomplete.

Getting off soap box, going back to painting...

Edited to add... Hey StatusJoe, check your PM's.

Edited by Semper Fortis

Well if that ain't a thing <3

She's beautiful, man. Don't know how much more you think you need to do, but it can't be that much.

Thanks brother... she’s coming close. I’m going to do hazard stripes on the shin plate- have them sectioned off right now;) and then I’m going to throw some markings on her and she’ll be fine for ETL.

At some point I’m going to do the bridge crew and servitors but that’s another day