+++Age of Darkness Traitor Outpost (AoD-T)+++

So June is nearly over. I have to nail my colours to a mast. And I'm doing it again - after having led the Loyalists on, I'm stabbing them in the back and declaring for the Warmaster. I feel this sub-forum needs me and I need it more. Yes this vow is Blood Angels, but maybe they are actually like that

Alpha Legion squad disguised as Ultramarines who go to take out Guilliman.
. And if I get to vow 2, vow 2 might be a traitor-only unit. Now to formalities:

I, LameBeard, answer the call of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of Age of Darkness Traitors, and vow to complete one Legion Veteran Tactical Squad by 1 Sept 2019. Success shall bring eternal glory to the Hydra and the Warmaster, and failure an eternity of skulking in and out of the Eye of Terror whilst wearing the badge of Oathbreaker until year end.

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (10 including veteran sergeant with power sword and artificer armour, heavy bolter, meltagun, vexilla - 225 points)

gallery_93054_15563_3488.jpg

gallery_93054_15563_19642.jpg

Boring shot of the bases and arms.

Not looking forward to prising them off the 25mm bases (shows how long I've had them kicking around). Backpacks and vexilla still being scavenged.

med_gallery_93054_15563_4169.jpg

I don't know if I'll run them like this in 30k; they were put together intended for Betrayal at Calth - although I was seeing it more as the last days of the Siege of Terra, which is why they have the scratched up, slightly mismatched armour, with bits of mk 5 and nods to mk 7; a squad of misfits and survivors thrown together because they were the ten ugliest Blood Angels left in the legion.

@Vkyes - loved the weathering tutorial. Not sure if I'm brave enough to do it on these guys, but maybe if I get to vow 2. Or maybe vow 2 will be that 1st Legion gentlemen whose motives remain unclear.

Edited by LameBeard

@LameBeard - great vow mate, looking forward to seeing the end result!

To everyone else yet to vow, c'mon guys we need you! We can't let those filthy loyalists beat us!

Even if it's just a unit, or a single model, it all helps!

For me this has seriously kick-started the painting bug for me, who knows, maybe it could do for you? Maybe this is the excuse you need to get those contrast paints and see if they improve the quantity of models you finish.

Whatever the reason, what ever the amount, get yourselves signed up!

I'll have you know our hygiene habits are no less thorough than your own.

Well except for the death guard.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, actually, it was more the whole chaos mental (lack of) hygiene I had in mind. :) But I'm still happy to see another vow for AoD.

Edited by Semper Fortis

@LameBeard, glad to see you vow for the AoD, even if it is for the filthy traitors. :wink:

You are so gallant and so gracious. I was afraid to vow for AoD-Traitors because I had this vision of an old lady in a blue dress shaking her fist at me, brandishing a walking stick in a fearsome way (maybe it's one of those swords-in-a-cane?).

I Chaoself rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Lord Luthor and Caliban - and vow to complete

A Squad of Cataphractii Terminators with Claws and 2 Rhinos of total value  310pts on or before September 1st, 2019.

Success will bring salvation to the true children of Caliban  and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker  until the year-end.

IMG-20190629-WA0006.jpg.fce3364bbda9d2fb

I Chaoself rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Lord Luthor and Caliban - and vow to complete

A Squad of Cataphractii Terminators with Claws and 2 Rhinos of total value  310pts on or before September 1st, 2019.

Success will bring salvation to the true children of Caliban  and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker  until the year-end.

IMG-20190629-WA0006.jpg.fce3364bbda9d2fb

The miniatures just went to the Cellar (Dungeon :D ) and received their first coat of black. :)

So progress for me, Magnus and the Strongpoint done. Infantry primed, will get them done by the weekend:

Hidden Content

img_20190626_191629360053313717770410.jp

And I've begun prepping my next vow:

img_20190626_1921522560532229121307713.j

A TRATOR TITAN IN THE WORKS? :ohmy.:

Now I do look fwd to that!

So June is nearly over. I have to nail my colours to a mast. And I'm doing it again - after having led the Loyalists on, I'm stabbing them in the back and declaring for the Warmaster. I feel this sub-forum needs me and I need it more. Yes this vow is Blood Angels, but maybe they are actually like that

Alpha Legion squad disguised as Ultramarines who go to take out Guilliman.
. And if I get to vow 2, vow 2 might be a traitor-only unit. Now to formalities:

I, LameBeard, answer the call of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of Age of Darkness Traitors, and vow to complete one Legion Veteran Tactical Squad by 1 Sept 2019. Success shall bring eternal glory to the Hydra and the Warmaster, and failure an eternity of skulking in and out of the Eye of Terror whilst wearing the badge of Oathbreaker until year end.

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (10 including veteran sergeant with power sword and artificer armour, heavy bolter, meltagun, vexilla - 225 points)

Boring shot of the bases and arms.

Not looking forward to prising them off the 25mm bases (shows how long I've had them kicking around). Backpacks and vexilla still being scavenged.

I don't know if I'll run them like this in 30k; they were put together intended for Betrayal at Calth - although I was seeing it more as the last days of the Siege of Terra, which is why they have the scratched up, slightly mismatched armour, with bits of mk 5 and nods to mk 7; a squad of misfits and survivors thrown together because they were the ten ugliest Blood Angels left in the legion.

@Vkyes - loved the weathering tutorial. Not sure if I'm brave enough to do it on these guys, but maybe if I get to vow 2. Or maybe vow 2 will be that 1st Legion gentlemen whose motives remain unclear.

Welcome Lamebeard! I see you went for a fairly fluffy project there... If you're interested, check this out:

gallery_48988_15465_30555.png

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

gallery_48988_15465_167408.png

+++THIS IS THE CUT-OFF POINT FOR THE FOURTH WEEKLY UPDATE+++

ALL VOWS AND COMPLETIONS AFTER THIS POINT WILL BE REGISTERED FOR THE FITFTH WEEKLY UPDATE

ONLY 48HRS FOR NEW PARTICIPANTS TO JOIN!

JULY 1ST @ 17:00 GMT IS THE CUT-OFF FOR NEW PARTICIPANTS

AFTER THAT, NEW PARTICIPANTS MAY ONLY JOIN AS OUT-OF-COMPETITION ENTRIES

I see you went for a fairly fluffy project there... If you're interested, check this out:

gallery_48988_15465_30555.png

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Thanks. When the project was started they were loyalist ... but now I’ve pledged for the traitors, so maybe that’s the story that needs telling. What side are they really on, and how did they get there... hmmm...