+++Age of Darkness Traitor Outpost (AoD-T)+++

Back at home so uploaded a photo of Lorgar. There's still so much I want to touch up or redo but that have to wait until after the ETL. Not sure when I'll finish the rest of the vow. Trip was exhausting and feeling like I've been body slammed in to the ground.

gallery_70556_15574_31078.jpg

Flash warnings have indicated that yet more resources are required to fight the Imperialist forces. I Vykes, marshal of recruitment for the Warmaster's 33rd battalion, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Age of Darkness to support the Warmaster. For the glory of Lord Lupercal, regent of Mankind and Emperor in all but name, it has been decreed that under the auspice of the 65th company, 33rd bt, a cadre of warriors shall be raised. The twentieth legion and localized imperial army personnel are also to be assembled in order to bring glory to the Lord Warmaster.

• Veteran Squad Ashtur has been raised. Sergeant Gauraux reports himself and six other astartes armed for close combat with melta bombs are prepared for service (7 Veterans + melta bombs = 149)

• Experimental Siege Dreadnought Tyrek (Armoured Ceramite + Frag launcher + extra launcher + havoc launcher + chainfist + twin-linked autocannon = 190)

• Scimitar Sky Hunter Squadron Kapaz are being mustered to the 65th from the remains of Task Force Choral Shoal, armoury serfs shall be dispatched after the engagement to furnish the unit the new colours of the legion (3 Scimitar Sky hunters + Plasma cannons = 210)

• Javelin Corona, also from Task Force Choral Shoal, is being attached to Kapaz's hunter unit. Armoury serfs shall be dispatched after the engagement to funish the unit in the new colours of the legion (Javelin + Multi melta + Las cannons + 2 Hunter Killer Missiles = 85)

20th Legion Strike Force "Azure Sun":

• Praetor Arulla Saezn is reporting in. Praetor has cleared plus one assistant officer (Corpus Mymir + Mastercrafted paragon blade + power dagger = 175)

• 1-1 Λ Squad legionnaires have been mustered. Squad reports 10 legionnaires and an encoded vox unit, sergeant “Alpha-One” bears artificer grade armour and power fist (10 legionnaires + Vox + sgt [Power Fist, melta bomb, power dagger] = 170)

• 1-2 ΛSquad legionnaires have been mustered. Squad reports 10 legionnaires and an encoded vox unit, sergeant “Alpha-Two” bears artificer grade armour and power fist (10 legionnaires + Vox + sgt [Power Fist, melta bomb, power dagger] = 170)

• 2-Δ Veteran Squad has been mustered. Squad reports 10 combi meltas, melta bombs, and sergeant with power fist and power blade. Squad 2-X also has Rhino transport (10 Veterans + 10 combi melta + melta bombs + sgt [Power Fist+ power dagger] Rhino =340)

• 3-Δ Seeker Squad has been mustered. Squad reports 5 legionnaires each armed with combi-plasma guns (5 Seekers + 5 Combi plas + sgt [power dagger] = 185)

• 4- Δ Destroyer Squad has been mustered. Squad reports 5 legionnaires with jump packs and melta bombs (5 destroyers + Jump Packs + melta bombs + sgt [power dagger] = 170)

• Sicaran T-221- reports fully operational status (Las cannons = 205)

97th Isthmus Voidclade, 3rd platoon

• Grenadier Squad 3-1: 12 troopers with shotguns are embarked (12 troopers + 2 flamers + sgt [power axe, melta bombs] = 105)

• Grenadier Squad 3-2 12 troopers with autoguns are embarked (12 troopers + plasma gun + melta gun + sgt = 105)

• Grenadier Squad 3-3: 12 troopers with autoguns are embarked (12 troopers + plasma gun + melta gun + sgt = 105)

• Grenadier Squad 3-4: 12 troopers with autoguns are embarked (12 troopers + plasma gun + melta gun + sgt = 105 )

The forces raised have a requisition index of 2464, and I vow to have these forces at the Warmaster's disposal on or before 01 669 019 M.3 (September 1st of antiquity). Success will bring me eternal glory, failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Into the fire, unto ashes, onto glory! Lupercal!

gallery_107230_14721_234794.jpg

gallery_107230_14721_144310.jpg

gallery_107230_14721_25907.jpg

So... just under 2.5K pledged, and that's only just, like, 3 vehicles, 3 bikes, and 106-ish troopers.... ugh. Better get started. On a plus side, apparently I know where one of my mate's 4E D&D sheets went. Kinda crazy, but I did just find a long lost copy of Dragonstar a few days back. Those were the days.

I'll write up a little blip sort of thing after for yaz, but I think I better get to work.

Go Vykes! Come on traitors, give us loyalists some competition. Match Vykes enthusiasm with another completed vow even if you can't match his points. (I don't know how he manages to keep robbing the GW warehouse without getting caught.) ;)

Finally! A foe worthy of song! I was beginning to think the legions of the warmaster had been a candle snuffed by the wind.

Your efforts are to be saluted, but will ultimately prove to be in vain, should all you traitorous dogs continue to lean on Vykes as your sole champion. 

-laughs- we'll see, mates, we'll see.  The Warmaster's ilk are always on their back foot, but we can still push through and make the AoD a frightening force to be reckoned with, even if we may have been bled white. 

Aye StatusJoe, we have some real champions but it has to be more than the effort of one legion to pull off this rebellion. Man, so many models, so little points.  Kinda wonder if I can make a vow 4-5 with some knights in it, big stompy lads, or a super big stompy lad. Still, ya got this'n mate!

Thanks StruManChu my dude, this is gonna be an interesting one for me.  The astartes aren't a problem but I keep looking at the grenadiers saying "What are these supposed to look like?  I'm just seeing Rebel Alliance helmets and Dead Space!"  And now I'm wondering how I can make missile teams or how to 30K up some sentinel support. 

Well, Fortis, I honestly have a sneaky way which is being the voice of the devil in the local community.  "Sure, I can paint that for you.  And yeah, I can take money... but those old Justarian over there, you know, you don't need those.  Why, I can bet you have a muuuuch better idea there, dontcha?  Eh wot?  And those resin mark fours, my, how very... quaint."  It ain't that sinister but sometimes feels like it :P A dude gave me some extra 'stunty' chaos marines with a few black legion markings I could scrape off if I wanted... said 'Black Legion' markings being resin mk.II pauldrons! :P

And thanks a ton Chaoself!  Seriously it does help to get this done.  Working on a farm has utterly murdered my summer, and I only wish I could do more than I'm doing right now.  But I don't have my usual access to my air compressor for a proper airbrush.  

And and Lamebeard my man, that Blood Angel is looking right wicked!  Kinda like to see some angles on it as it really is matte but looks super solid.  As for the 25mm, a nice quick pass or two from a razorsaw will fix that right up and slice em free.  Exacto blades still work good.  Any plans for a base with 'em?

Well Vykes, you are a true Champion of the Warmaster! What can I say? Good luck good sir! 

Now please note that there are six first vows at above the 1k mark. I sure hope we see some of them being delivered this week - the AoD-T needs a boost badly! :)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT! 

And and Lamebeard my man, that Blood Angel is looking right wicked!  Kinda like to see some angles on it as it really is matte but looks super solid.  As for the 25mm, a nice quick pass or two from a razorsaw will fix that right up and slice em free.  Exacto blades still work good.  Any plans for a base with 'em?

Thanks so much, I need the encouragement.  I will try to get up some more pics. I have made some industrial spacecraft type bases which I am looking forward to painting - little bit 'zone mortalis'. Although I will have to do something a bit different for the sergeant and heavy because they are standing on debris. I envisage the squad as perhaps garrisoning one of Terra's last scrappy orbital defence stations in the final days of the siege.

I haven't yet read any Black Library books which tell how the IXth get back from the wrong side of the galaxy so I don't know yet if this is consistent with the lore, and obviously I don't want any spoilers here, but what the lore said in the old days before Black Library was that Guilliman and co were too far East to make it back ...

Haven't decided how to weather them yet, but I did buy some of that 'water-based oil paint' you recommended (yes oxymoron fans, that is a real thing, I didn't believe it until I saw Vkyes's weathering tutorial which you should definitely check out.) 

Anyway, you are a hero and I fully expect you to finish your 2.5k vow before I finish my mini-vow!

Florida_Omegon, lookin' right classy.  We got this one, eh?  Got a close up for that Esotertist?  I'm always curious on how people wanna make them look.  It's always fun.  

I kinda hate it.  but must go forward for now.  Need to clean it more, and try to see how or IF i want to do a cape.

68480272_1501845889957934_74873745983007

Holy smokes, Vykes, that is all just insane. Are those voidclades done up to your usual standard? because if so, what the hell are they feeding you on that farm? and how do i order it? I only managed 3 terminators in 2 months.:ermm:

Great looking stuff guys!

I was way slower than I thought I would be this year, but I finally managed to finish my vow. Sorry for the terrible quality, I currently don't have all my stuff.

ETL Vow 1 complete

@Vykes The amount and quality you manage to do always surprises me. Now we only need one more vow to get you to do that primarch.

Edited by Dreagher

Hmm, Florida_Omegon, that is still pretty good, actually just the arm switch alone really helps with that model to make it look a little more commanding. As for the cloak.... well, you're close to statusjoe and he did up some Custodes, riiiight? maybe see if he's got an extra custodes cloak, then grind and greenstuff the emblem off and it should fit the DG frame perfectly (I did it for a bike captain a while back, really works for the billowing look).

Hah, thanks Kenzaburo, mate, I do what I can aaaaand honestly I'm not sure about the voidclade. I mean, they were kind of an experiment so they might not be up to my usual sort, but because they were all done at once, it was easy enough to get through (though it involved a lot of swearing) Not sure the contrast is good enough between cloth and armour even if the only weathering was done on armour with oils, while powders went into the cloth. As for the farm: eggs and veggies with some chickpea curry (it's odd being mostly a vegetarian on a livestock farm :P ) Here's a bit of a close up of at least a select squad from the 50 man group.

gallery_107230_14721_165429.jpg

Haha, awesome work Dreagher, mate! Seriously awesome. Aye, that's 1/2, I have Magnus still in his box here and waiting for the other one :P It's seriously an awesome look that i may have to borrow for a Warcry Iron Golem warband. Seriously looking forward to seeing some close ups of that group there.

Hmm, Florida_Omegon, that is still pretty good, actually just the arm switch alone really helps with that model to make it look a little more commanding.  As for the cloak.... well, you're close to statusjoe and he did up some Custodes, riiiight?  maybe see if he's got an extra custodes cloak, then grind and greenstuff the emblem off and it should fit the DG frame perfectly (I did it for a bike captain a while back, really works for the billowing look). 

I have more custodes than he does so far.  I  have a few spare.  but managed to paint him up to near completion.  I might be able to swing a cape in there.

KIMG2843.JPG?width=526&height=702