+++Age of Darkness Traitor Outpost (AoD-T)+++

Insanity, is it insanity to shoot for victory?  Is it insanity to build titans?  Is it insanity to say, "I need another two hundred infantry because the five hundred I have isn't quite doing it for me"? 

Probably. I mean, this is also coming from someone who's already planning two Titans for next year's ETL.... :laugh.:

The new models look good though! :tu:

Edited by Gederas

I am a filthy heathen and I will by showing it. I am putting up my third and final vow in order to press more of my daemonic friends to the front. A resplendence of terror has gathered in a small form of an alliance. Let it be known that they will be done...or my fingers bleed trying.

*++ Crusade Detachment (Daemons of the Ruinstorm) [1,185pts] ++*

*snip*

Hey Florida, you know it's all over on Sunday right? You crazy people... :teehee:

Insanity, is it insanity to shoot for victory? Is it insanity to build titans? Is it insanity to say, "I need another two hundred infantry because the five hundred I have isn't quite doing it for me"?

Well...

... like...

...yeah, maybe a little.

But hey look, a distraction!

Hidden Content

gallery_107230_14721_56887.jpg

Ermm... Is that a completion? :unsure.:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I am a filthy heathen and I will by showing it.  I am putting up my third and final vow in order to press more of my daemonic friends to the front.  A resplendence of terror has gathered in a small form of an alliance.  Let it be known that they will be done...or my fingers bleed trying.

*++ Crusade Detachment (Daemons of the Ruinstorm) [1,185pts] ++*

*snip*

Hey Florida, you know it's all over on Sunday right? You crazy people... :teehee:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I do live in florida.  No hurricane is stopping me.

It's not quiiiiite a completion Semper, or it wasn't then. Right now I'm just putting the tracks on the Rhino and finishing up one combi-bolter I'd somehow miscounted. And I never took a picture of the completed Corpus Mymir (was in the priming shot :tongue.:)

It'll be a completion by the end of the day and I'll take a photo of the whole Vow. Then, tomorrow to the game shop... see if I can sneak in a final vow.

Post Scriptum: Gederas, you cray-zay but that's only because I keep saying to people I know,
"Full sized titans are just too big to use on the table. Really they should be in Apocalypse and that's it."
>"Suuuuure Vykes, sure. So what's the plan for next time?"
"Just a strike company with a Rhino-"
>"Waaaaait for it"
"... is a Stormbird too much?"
>"And there it is."

Hah, that's the Spirit Florida_Omegon, that's the spirit!.

Post Scriptum: Alright, NOW the vow is done.

gallery_107230_14721_209816.jpg

Bodes poorly when I FORGET to photograph half a detachment.

gallery_107230_14721_924.jpg

With a semi close up of the Praetor and his psychic familiar, Corpus Myamir

There's some days I need to just take a step back and say 'it's just a fun game and a reason to paint'. This does it for me... and it's my thing for a few too-serious opponents. What can I say. I regret nothing.

gallery_107230_14721_110953.jpg

Now, I have a game with them tomorrow, and I'll head into town in the morning to see if the shop has anything worth picking up for a Vow 4. I'll hopefully get the chance to snap another better lit non 10:30PM picture tomorrow.

Edited by Vykes

Ugh, I ain't dead and ain't quittin' no time soon, no sir! Just a ton of farm work done got me down and workin' on few commission project ate up waaaaay more time than I'd like. But I do got some works in progress and, with a li'l luck, in the next day or two I'll be done and on to the next big vow (which I finally sorted... and may include, ugh, about 100 infantry)

gallery_107230_14721_46391.jpg

The Escher-based grenadiers and commanders are neaaaaaarly done. Just got some gems and a bit of skin clean up to take care of. I fully plan on giving the commanders some red eye of horus poleyn plates. Too perfect not too.

And the second WIp is the great horus himself... I shouldn't mention that I used him for practicing skin tones with inks, should I?

gallery_107230_14721_39000.jpg

The rest is in that 65% phase, with just 3 models to go.

That face is is ace! Beautifully painted!

I thought it was pretty fun, Fortis :P All for some fun, all for an excuse (And to be honest, there's a ton of wet blending and other little tricks that I don't often get to do, so using it on more organics and working on little tricks is super helpful). Tis the powers of chaos, try to kill the gifts of Tzeentch :P

Thanks a ton Imren, I do like experimenting every now and then, totally worth it. And it's bigger, more space to work on. It's a good excuse, yaz! I only wish I had kept track of what I actually did to do it other than 'mix ink with paint.'

Well... we're right down to the wire aren't we? -looks around and ponders- So... what time does this end EXACTLY? I may have snagged something at the store.

gallery_107230_14721_14686.jpg

They would go on those -smirks, waiting for the primer to dry-

Hmm, Florida_Omegon, that is still pretty good, actually just the arm switch alone really helps with that model to make it look a little more commanding. As for the cloak.... well, you're close to statusjoe and he did up some Custodes, riiiight? maybe see if he's got an extra custodes cloak, then grind and greenstuff the emblem off and it should fit the DG frame perfectly (I did it for a bike captain a while back, really works for the billowing look).

Hah, thanks Kenzaburo, mate, I do what I can aaaaand honestly I'm not sure about the voidclade. I mean, they were kind of an experiment so they might not be up to my usual sort, but because they were all done at once, it was easy enough to get through (though it involved a lot of swearing) Not sure the contrast is good enough between cloth and armour even if the only weathering was done on armour with oils, while powders went into the cloth. As for the farm: eggs and veggies with some chickpea curry (it's odd being mostly a vegetarian on a livestock farm :tongue.: ) Here's a bit of a close up of at least a select squad from the 50 man group.

gallery_107230_14721_165429.jpg

Haha, awesome work Dreagher, mate! Seriously awesome. Aye, that's 1/2, I have Magnus still in his box here and waiting for the other one :tongue.: It's seriously an awesome look that i may have to borrow for a Warcry Iron Golem warband. Seriously looking forward to seeing some close ups of that group there.

These look very cool!, What models are they? Doesn't look like FW Solar Aux. Are they GW or who makes/sells them?

Nice paint job!

Edited by Imren

Ah the Voidclades, it's actually mostly just Genestealer cultists, Imren.  The big addition is some of the Gothic Void helmets from Anvil which really give them that 'regimented' feel  and kinda slots them in as a sort of alt-Solar Auxilia group.  Other than that, and I think I snagged a set of pointy hands from Anvil, they're just taking all the non mutated hands from the cult boxes and some careful cutting of a round plastic sprue to get the 'coins' to glue in front of the nid symbols. 

Lightning, sparks and three sudden materializations:

199-D4645-3-C26-4984-A4-CC-176-FB5-F0704

DFE06057-AA95-428-A-9-CE8-B5-F1372960-D3

DBEB7-CE9-2-A70-46-AC-8-E9-D-D74-DD0-F32

Due to warp storms and other deep strike mishaps there won‘t be a second vow.

Keep up the good work everyone and push for final victory! Lupercal! F the emp!

Edited by okonomiyakimarine

@Captain Semper Just to let you know, my Perturabo is finished.

Great work everyone! Let's show the other forums that the Heresy train has no brakes!

Yeap, sorry about that... Had it in my spreadsheet but not in the first page. Thanks for the heads up! :tu:

Lightning, sparks and three sudden materializations:

Hidden Content

199-D4645-3-C26-4984-A4-CC-176-FB5-F0704

DFE06057-AA95-428-A-9-CE8-B5-F1372960-D3

DBEB7-CE9-2-A70-46-AC-8-E9-D-D74-DD0-F32

Due to warp stones and other deep strike mishaps there won‘t be a second vow.

Keep up the good work everyone and push for final victory! Lupercal! F the emp!

I take it this is vow complete? I really dig the shade of red there! :D

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Congratulations Handro - a timely completion they look great and unusual in their grey livery! 

@ Altis: Man, this is a close a call as it gets! Good luck!

Now let's see some more completions from the AoD-T corner - clock's ticking! One and a half days to go! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Well, time to accept that I’m not going to finish my vow. The last few weeks have been a string of work issues and some personal stuff that has left me completely drained most nights.

While failing the vow sucks...I did get to try some new things this year and was semi-successful at dedicating 20-30 minutes a day to hobby stuff. If I can keep that up there may be a slim chance of getting through the backlog of stuff I’ve acquired over the years.