Freakshow's Necromunda Stuff

Freakshow668

So creepy. :ph34r.:

How did you find assembling her? I've only put together one Delaque mini for a conversion, but I found them really fiddly compared to Orlocks and Escher.

Keep us posted with your progress Freakshow. :)

-Ran

So creepy. :ph34r.:

How did you find assembling her? I've only put together one Delaque mini for a conversion, but I found them really fiddly compared to Orlocks and Escher.

Keep us posted with your progress Freakshow. :)

-Ran

I've seen that conversion and it's amazing, part of what got me excited about collecting some 'munda stuff.

They are very fiddly and the weapon options and poseability (or relative lack thereof) are quite limiting.

I found that once I'd put together two or three really cool looking models, I'd used up all the versatile bits and the rest were really just cobbled together.

• 2 months later...

Necromunda took a bit of a back seat for me during the ETL, but now it's over and i need a break from bright green power armour. So here is the start of my Orlock gang, McGinty's Mob, emerging from their favourite watering hole.

HiEwm8i.jpg

This guy is Napoleon Brigg, a Judge Dredd inspired bounty hunter. I imagine him as a retired Arbites who has taken the Long Walk (If you know your JD!) into the underhive to bring Imperial justice to the masses. I honestly don't know if Arbites get to retire, but i like the idea.

H3MpsDZ.jpg

You did a great job on Brigg and McGinty's Mob, but why is the bar's namesake "Germ"? Is that short for something, e.g., "Germain"? Did the bar owner intentionally choose a pseudonym that invokes thoughts of pathogens and diseases to warn others not to mess with him, or for more sinister reasons, i.e., he worships Nurgle?

You did a great job on Brigg and McGinty's Mob, but why is the bar's namesake "Germ"? Is that short for something, e.g., "Germain"? Did the bar owner intentionally choose a pseudonym that invokes thoughts of pathogens and diseases to warn others not to mess with him, or for more sinister reasons, i.e., he worships Nurgle?

Ha,I have no idea about the bar's name, it's a simple little building I found online to print, cut out and glue together. All I can say is that Papa Nurgle's influence is everywhere

• 4 weeks later...

Kitbashed a few random bounty hunter/scum/general hangers-on over the weekend.

Si Bjorg, the cyborg sniper and Squat heavy Glod Glodsson.

NRIY1cI.jpg

The Cherub gang, Junior, Pater, Cantankerous Contraption and Lunk (See what i'm going for there?) :wink:

pwsUQIC.jpg

And let's call this guy Bor Semi-Antler.

HadCUq8.jpg

• 7 months later...

Greetings,

Had a productive week after a long period of inactivity. Let me introduce the Cult of the Auric Sigil.

The cult recently completed a long-standing plot to elevate their magister, Livinia Whateley, to daemonhood. Years of gathering resources, preparing the site, gaining power and cultivating the favour of the Dark Gods through murder, theft and acts of violence, defilement and debauchery too vile and numerous to recount culminated in the ritual of apotheosis to transform Livinia into a Daemon Princess of limitless power. The accumulated warp energies from every act the cult had performed in veneration of the Chaos Gods were focused into the sacred circle, meticulously copied from the exotic grimoire purchased at great expense and smuggled from off-world. The incantations that the cultists had spent months committing to memory were incanted and invocations invoked. Greasy smoke filled the chamber

The ritual was completed and Livinia transformed.

Into a mindless chaos spawn.

Her flesh erupted into a swollen mass of bloated muscle and flailing tentacles, eyes  opened all over her corrupted form, weeping, or glancing about, and dozens of mouths all gibbering incomprehensible nonsense.

The cultists considered the ritual an astounding success!

They were expecting Livinia to transform, and transform she most certainly did.

The cult worship Livinia as the god they believe her to be, guided by Jhessa, the only member of the cult to realise the truth. Jhessa has assumed leadership of the cult, declaring herself Chamberlain to Livinia and interpreting her wishes to the cultists as the only one who understands the dark tongue Livinia now speaks. The Auric Sigil continue to wreak havoc in the Underhive, worshipping their "Daemon Princess".

ftA4A25.jpg

Q54O8FX.jpg

Jhessa, Chamberlain to Livinia

RGHWTm4.jpg

Dutch, War leader of the Auric Sigil

U0MS8m6.jpg

hjbImDE.jpg

F12uktk.jpg

Last and certainly least, The Cherub Gang.

Pater and Junior

Bfvnorl.jpg

Lunk and Cantankerous Contraption

arLeT7N.jpg

6ypgVrv.jpg

The Cherubs are a family of outlaws who wander the wastes preying on small settlements and any poorly defended trade caravans they encounter. They have been known to hire themselves out as hired guns to those desperate enough("The only way to protect yourself from the Cherub gang is to hire the Cherub gang"), but they'll almost certainly double-cross you if they see a profit in it, after all, robbing a caravan you've been hired to protect is just getting paid for the same job twice!

Well done Freakshow668, you absolutely nailed Mean Machine...er...I mean, Cantankerous Contraption. :thumbsup:

-Ran

Cheers Ran, glad you like. I am determined to turn my little corner of the underhive into Mega City 1, as soon as I find the right models to base them on, I have ideas for a Johnny Alpha bounty hunter and a character based on Otto Sump!

• 4 weeks later...