+++ March of the Fallen - ETL VII +++

Darnok

March of the Fallen - ETL VII

gallery_29004_15471_157318.png

ETL VII is upon us! The „March of the Fallen“ (MotF) is meant to support any participant building and painting characters, units or whole armies themed around the Fallen. It is meant to work in the context of ETL VII and support the wider CSM forum effort for this year.

If you are interested in being a part of MotF, please post your vows in this thread as well as in the CSM Outpost. I will keep track of all players doing so, including their points pledged and completed. To receive one of the titles listed below, you only have to include one or more Fallen models in your vow (and then complete it of course).

Titles are:

• gallery_29004_15471_435.png Fallen Brother for including Fallen themed unit(s) in one vow.
  • gallery_29004_15471_8952.png Fallen Raptor for including Fallen themed unit(s) in two vows.
  • gallery_29004_15471_19715.png Fallen Havoc for including Fallen themed unit(s) in three vows.
  • gallery_29004_15471_14536.png Fallen Terminator for including Fallen themed unit(s) in four vows.
  • gallery_29004_15471_2836.png Fallen Lord for including Fallen themed unit(s) in five vows.
  • gallery_29004_15471_15660.png Disciple of Cypher for the three players with the highest number of actual Fallen over all their vows.

In detail:

• You can claim any of the first five titles by including models themed around Fallen in your vow(s). This means: the background of one or more character(s) or unit(s) in the respective vow(s) makes them a Fallen Angel, and that background is represented in the build and/or painting of the model(s). Any choice from Codex: CSM can be used here, as long as the „Fallen theme“ is visible in build and or paint. One example is given under the spoiler tag:
Let's assume somebody includes a Night Lord Aspiring Champion in one of his vows. This would not count for the MotF as long as the model is „only“ converted and painted as a Night Lord character. It could count though if the model were converted and painted to allude a background connection to the Fallen – for example by using parts from the Dark Angels range in building it, painting some Fallen iconography on parts of it, or both.
  • The last title – Disciple of Cypher – is given to the three players with the highest number of game-legal „actual Fallen“ units over all their vows. In contrast to the other titles, this one takes into account all vows of somebody, but only counts units from the following CSM datasheets: Cypher, Fallen, Sorcerer, Rhino. The models have to be modelled and painted to represent Fallen, you can not claim points for just any Sorcerer or Rhino for example.

Some cases will be not 100% clear – such is the nature of Chaos! If in doubt: please just ask in advance. More likely than not your idea will be perfectly fine.

How you declare your vow is up to you, just make clear what models/units you pledge. Please include point numbers for each individual entry, and ideally link to the corresponding vow in the CSM Outpost. OOC points are allowed!

My thanks go to Captain Semper for organising ETL in general and giving me feedback on this idea early on, as well as Forté for doing the image wizardry that gave us the banner and title badges!

Edited by Darnok

List of participants and table of vows:

• Participants are listed in alphabetical order.

• The first column for each vow contains the number for "strictly Fallen only", which is what counts for the "Disciple of Cypher" title.

• The second column for each vow contains the number for "Fallen in general".

eZeMgF2.jpg

Finished entries:

Points scored: 11

Edited by Darnok

I Obsidian Quacker rise to the challenge of Mark of the Fallen and vow to complete:

One Cypher

47978600143_9bcb788326_n.jpg

The total is 80 pts.

Completion shall be on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

I'm not too sure on how best to show my vow in this thread so followed the Bombastic ETL vow.

As I said before, I'll see about trying to pull something together. Going through my bits, I actually have a lot of spare mark III and IV armour still on sprues so once my first vow is out the way, I'll see about pulling that together :thumbsup:

Wow, we are up for a nice start already, thanks everybody!

I amended the OP with the following:

How you declare your vow is up to you, just make clear what models/units you pledge. Please include point numbers for each individual entry, and ideally link to the corresponding vow in the CSM Outpost.

So far it did not make much of a difference, but it will make life easier in the future.

I have also updated the second post with the current participants and numbers:

• Participants are listed in alphabetical order.
  • The first column for each vow contains the number for "strictly Fallen only", which is what counts for the "Disciple of Cypher" title.
  • The second column for each vow contains the number for "Fallen in general".

My own first vow contains:

• Sorcerer; with force sword and plasma pistol (103 points)
  • 5 Fallen; champion with plasma pistol and power fist, one Fallen with meltagun, three Fallen with paired lightning claws (134 points)

kW2Ha48.jpg

• Helbrute; with multi-melta and helbrute fist with combi-bolter (114 points)

oIQoogS.jpg

I hope everybody has a good time painting, and remember: be careful when guys in green armour show up. They are up to no good!

Edit: If somebody could help me with the following? I can not copy/paste tables from Openoffice documents into a post without it losing its formatting. My current (clumsy) solution is to screenshot the document, and upload it as an external image. Is there a more elegant solution? Thanks in advance!

Edited by Darnok

I, DeRome90, vow to add a small squadof Fallen to this movement. 

The squad contains of 5 Fallen. The Champion has one Plasma Pistol and Chainsword, 1 Marine with a Combi-Plasma and one with a Plasma Gun (total point value of 97).

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/356302-chaos-space-marines-outpost/?p=5324836

Is it only me, or would it be quite funny if we can get more Fallen Points than the DA Deathwing Points? They need after all the Deathwing to capture all the Fallen :devil:

Don't tempt me, I have a ton of Terminator Armour to paint.... :laugh.:

Also Darnok, are Out of Competition Vows allowed? 'cause I have a Lord Cypher that needs painting, but I'm already vowed for the loyal Dark Angels :laugh.:

Edited by Gederas

Is it only me, or would it be quite funny if we can get more Fallen Points than the DA Deathwing Points? They need after all the Deathwing to capture all the Fallen :devil:

I like it. A lot! :devil:

Edit: The gauntlet has been thrown...

Also Darnok, are Out of Competition Vows allowed? 'cause I have a Lord Cypher that needs painting, but I'm already vowed for the loyal Dark Angels :laugh.:

I'll allow it!

Edited by Darnok

As part of my first vow, I included the Dark Vengeance Captain as a Fallen Chaos Lord with power sword and combiplasma, amounting to 89 points.

Probably a terrible idea given my painting speed...but who cares? Death to the False Emperor, right?

I like it. A lot! :devil:

Edit: The gauntlet has been thrown...

What did i do??? :biggrin.: 

To be honest, we Fallen have a huge handicap. But as they normaly need some Veterans for even one of the Fallen, we could agree on a unit count. I mean we would need at least two kitted out Squads to beat one Deathwing Squad. So if we say one point for each unit? Or, which would be much more faire (for us), 1 squad of Fallen vs. 2 squads of Deathwing.

The Gauntlet has been accepted, repent now, for it is inevitable.....

Not only that, but you provided us with a fancy ETL banner. Thanks a lot!

Now for keeping those pesky bone-coloured dudes in check...

For everybody, this is how it works:

• we now have a "Fallen vs. Deathwing" challenge going on between members of the CSM and DA forums!
  • you continue to include Fallen-themed units in your vows (as per the first bullet point in the OP) and let us know in here
  • they can include Deathwing-themed units in their vows and sign them up over there
  • both sides gain one point each per datasheet vowed and finished - OOC vows are allowed
  • at the end of ETL VII the side with more point wins!

Many thanks to DeRome90 for getting the ball rolling with the basic idea for this, and Grotsmasha for organising it for our traitorous brethren in white!

Edited by Darnok

@Darnok: I need to thank you for organizing the whole thing... although it was a joke at first :sweat: 

Too bad I already took my first vow... otherwise I would have included more Fallen. But I hope that there is enough time left for another vow, when I am finished with my first one.

Then I might add 4 more units: 1 Cypher, 1 Lord, 1 Termi-Sorcerer and 2 Squads. The Squads would be the troop choice from the Dark Vengeance box. I plan to paint them as Fallen, but they are not "pure Fallen". They are Marines from DA successors that realized their error in following blindly the teachings of the narrow minded Chaplains.

@Darnok: I need to thank you for organizing the whole thing... although it was a joke at first :sweat:

If we win, I take the praise, if we lose I can blame you. Win-win! :tongue.:

I may vow some a bit down the line, but I don't need Fallen in my first vow to compete, I presume?

You are welcome to include Fallen in as little or as many vows as you like. First, last, all of them, none of th... well, some would be nice. :wink.:

There is no need to have some Fallen in your first vow though, unless you are looking for the "Fallen Lord" title (which needs five vows with Fallen to unlock).