Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

+++ March of the Fallen - ETL VII +++

ETL ETL VII Fallen Chaos

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Darnok

Darnok

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 762 posts
  • Faction: CSM, Daemons

Sorry for the double post, but there are great news! After tireless work, Forté has provided us with a new banner, as well as the title badges:

• gallery_29004_15471_435.png Fallen Brother for including Fallen themed unit(s) in one vow.
  • gallery_29004_15471_8952.png Fallen Raptor for including Fallen themed unit(s) in two vows.
  • gallery_29004_15471_19715.png Fallen Havoc for including Fallen themed unit(s) in three vows.
  • gallery_29004_15471_14536.png Fallen Terminator for including Fallen themed unit(s) in four vows.
  • gallery_29004_15471_2836.png Fallen Lord for including Fallen themed unit(s) in five vows.
  • gallery_29004_15471_15660.png Disciple of Cypher for the three players with the highest number of actual Fallen over all their vows.

Last but absolutely not least, the new banner:

gallery_29004_15471_157318.png

Many thanks to Forté for his excellent work!

Edited by Darnok, 04 June 2019 - 02:53 PM.

• Excessus, MaliGn, obsidian quacker and 2 others like this

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,287 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons
So nice!
"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

gallery_48988_10980_12646.pnggallery_29004_9303_652.pngEcJeVZz.pnggallery_48988_13169_1292.pnggallery_48988_10069_14888.pnggallery_61265_13249_83587.png

rednekkboss

rednekkboss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,051 posts
  • Faction: Templars of DOOooom!

Moved my vow... feel free to delete this one , mods. 

Edited by rednekkboss, 05 June 2019 - 04:05 AM.

Dr_Ruminahui

Dr_Ruminahui

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,031 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's 2nd cousins

I think you need to post that here: http://www.bolterand...arines-outpost/

This thread is for people who are painting Fallen (aka ex-Dark Angels).

• rednekkboss likes this

rednekkboss

rednekkboss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,051 posts
  • Faction: Templars of DOOooom!

I think you need to post that here: http://www.bolterand...arines-outpost/

This thread is for people who are painting Fallen (aka ex-Dark Angels).

Thanks

• Dr_Ruminahui likes this

Darnok

Darnok

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 762 posts

How about an update?

We have seen some frantic activity all over the forums this first week - some of it including our honourable Fallen. Six fraters have pledged for the March of the Fallen so far, with nine individual units and/or characters between them. Even more have mentioned their interest to join with later vows!

I am equally excited about our fellows in the DA forum, who started a Hunt for the Fallen to challenge us. As of now, they have only four fraters participating in it - but with twelve units and/or characters pledged already! It clearly shows what side has a fleshed-out background and miniature range in this fight.

That said: join the March of the Fallen! All it takes is including something themed around the Fallen in one or more of your vows. Give those robed fanatics a good kicking - and always stay ahead of them!

ChazSexington

ChazSexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 913 posts

I've been looking through my Fallen, and most of them are built in a way that reflects Chosen - CCW, bolt pistol, and bolters. So sadly, I doubt I'll be vowing Fallen :(

Call_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01a.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifgallery_48988_15465_48576.pnggallery_29004_15471_42509.png

Ceterum autem censeo Macragginem delendam esse.

Darnok

Darnok

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 762 posts

I've been looking through my Fallen, and most of them are built in a way that reflects Chosen - CCW, bolt pistol, and bolters. So sadly, I doubt I'll be vowing Fallen sad.png

Why not pledge them as Fallen, and use them as Chosen later? You would get them painted anyway. smile.png

ChazSexington

ChazSexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 913 posts

I've been looking through my Fallen, and most of them are built in a way that reflects Chosen - CCW, bolt pistol, and bolters. So sadly, I doubt I'll be vowing Fallen sad.png

Why not pledge them as Fallen, and use them as Chosen later? You would get them painted anyway. smile.png

The issue is I wouldn't - the Keyword and paint scheme shenanigans is just not something I'd enjoy doing :( 

Call_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01a.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifgallery_48988_15465_48576.pnggallery_29004_15471_42509.png

Ceterum autem censeo Macragginem delendam esse.

Darnok

Darnok

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 762 posts

Fair enough.

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,994 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos and Wolves

Ahhh what the hell, I might slap some fallen together for my next vow. 

• Darnok and Grotsmasha like this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

''Help! Help! I'm being repressed!!!'' - Dennis the Peasant, England. 932 A.D.

Darnok

Darnok

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 762 posts

Excellent! Any idea what you want to go for?

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,994 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.

Excellent! Any idea what you want to go for?

Might go for a Lord and a small squad of some sort, Ill see what I have in my bits boxes. 

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

Blog - Gates of Helvete

Darnok

Darnok

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 762 posts

Another update, even though there is not much to tell - other than the fact that the pesky Dark Angels so far have potentially 23 points versus our own 9 points. Their hunt seems to take up speed, so we better get some counterstrike going.

For Luther! devil.gif

DeRome90

DeRome90

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 128 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines, Iron Warriors
As soon as I finish my first vow, I will vow at least 4 units/points... But that might take some time

Ultramarines 3rd Company                                  Iron Warriors 55th Great Company

gallery_74802_15378_19961.pnggallery_74802_15378_13869.png

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,994 posts

I dont have the codex to hand atm, what units can be vowed as Fallen? Lord, Sorcerer and just Fallen squads I assume? No Terminators??

Blog - Gates of Helvete

DeRome90

DeRome90

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 128 posts

I dont have the codex to hand atm, what units can be vowed as Fallen? Lord, Sorcerer and just Fallen squads I assume? No Terminators??

You can use CSM Termis as Fallen for this event... You only need a solid/fluffy reason why they have them (Butchering a Deathwing unit, suits from the heresy, or they are "fallen" DA successors )

EDIT: see also opening post of this topic

Edited by DeRome90, 16 June 2019 - 11:15 AM.

Ultramarines 3rd Company                                  Iron Warriors 55th Great Company

Darnok

Darnok

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 762 posts

You can use CSM Termis as Fallen for this event... You only need a solid/fluffy reason why they have them (Butchering a Deathwing unit, suits from the heresy, or they are "fallen" DA successors )

EDIT: see also opening post of this topic

What he said! thumbsup.gif

In a looser sense you can use virtually anything from the codex. Special characters other than Cypher are out obviously, and in the background there is exactly one Daemon Prince among the Fallen (which you could do of course). Given proper effort in conversions and painting you can use the rest of the list "counts as Fallen".

In the strictest sense Fallen, Cypher, Sorcerer and Rhino count.

Both versions are in for this challenge, see the OP for details. smile.png

DeRome90

DeRome90

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 128 posts
I just listened to "The Call of the Lion" and I completely understand, why Astelan choosed to be a Fallen!

That audiobook alone should be reason and motivation enough to beat the Deathwing and show them that the Fallen were right.
  • Darnok likes this

Darnok

Darnok

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 762 posts

I just listened to "The Call of the Lion" and I completely understand, why Astelan choosed to be a Fallen!

That audiobook alone should be reason and motivation enough to beat the Deathwing and show them that the Fallen were right.

Is this the same as the one printed in "Tales of Heresy"? I hate audiobooks with a passion, but you have made me curious to read it.

DeRome90

DeRome90

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 128 posts

Is this the same as the one printed in "Tales of Heresy"? I hate audiobooks with a passion, but you have made me curious to read it.

It should be the same. I sometimes listen to audiobooks while painting to get into the mood.

Darnok

Darnok

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 762 posts

I completely understand the appeal of audiobooks, and know manypeople who love them - for soem very odd reason I just hate them. I tried to like them, I really tried. Seems like I just can not stand listening to a human voice reading to me for longer than a few seconds. sleepnew.png

obsidian quacker

obsidian quacker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 128 posts
  • Faction: Whatever I fancy painting

Vow Complete

1 Cypher

48099532966_8ff94b112d.jpg

• Darnok, DeRome90, LameBeard and 2 others like this

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei02.jpggallery_45765_12606_7212.png

Darnok

Darnok

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 762 posts

Excellent news! Also very fitting that Lord Cypher takes the lead! thumbsup.gif

Grand Master Belial

Grand Master Belial

++ APPARITORIS DESTRICTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,872 posts
  • Faction: The Unforgiven!

Hmmm... If I wasn't already vowed for the Dark Angels then I would have joined in this as I have far more Fallen Dark Angels that I need to paint up.

gallery_4664_5295_36672.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.pnggallery_48988_15465_18674.pnggallery_48988_15465_13594.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.png

What is the terror of death? That we die, our work incomplete. But what is the joy of life? To die, knowing our task is done.

Differences of the Successors Update Project - AoA - AoR - AoV - Cons - DoC - GotC - AoVig

Brotherhood of the Angels 2012 - 2014 - 2015 - 2016 Legends of the Angels 2015 DA - LA 2016 DA - LA

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ETL, ETL VII, Fallen, Chaos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users