+++ March of the Fallen - ETL VII +++

Darnok

How about an update?

We have seen some frantic activity all over the forums this first week - some of it including our honourable Fallen. Six fraters have pledged for the March of the Fallen so far, with nine individual units and/or characters between them. Even more have mentioned their interest to join with later vows!

I am equally excited about our fellows in the DA forum, who started a Hunt for the Fallen to challenge us. As of now, they have only four fraters participating in it - but with twelve units and/or characters pledged already! It clearly shows what side has a fleshed-out background and miniature range in this fight.

That said: join the March of the Fallen! All it takes is including something themed around the Fallen in one or more of your vows. Give those robed fanatics a good kicking - and always stay ahead of them!

I've been looking through my Fallen, and most of them are built in a way that reflects Chosen - CCW, bolt pistol, and bolters. So sadly, I doubt I'll be vowing Fallen :sad.:

Why not pledge them as Fallen, and use them as Chosen later? You would get them painted anyway. :smile.:

I've been looking through my Fallen, and most of them are built in a way that reflects Chosen - CCW, bolt pistol, and bolters. So sadly, I doubt I'll be vowing Fallen :sad.:

Why not pledge them as Fallen, and use them as Chosen later? You would get them painted anyway. :smile.:

The issue is I wouldn't - the Keyword and paint scheme shenanigans is just not something I'd enjoy doing :( 

Ahhh what the hell, I might slap some fallen together for my next vow.

Excellent! Any idea what you want to go for?

Might go for a Lord and a small squad of some sort, Ill see what I have in my bits boxes. 

I dont have the codex to hand atm, what units can be vowed as Fallen? Lord, Sorcerer and just Fallen squads I assume? No Terminators??

You can use CSM Termis as Fallen for this event... You only need a solid/fluffy reason why they have them (Butchering a Deathwing unit, suits from the heresy, or they are "fallen" DA successors )

EDIT: see also opening post of this topic

Edited by DeRome90

I dont have the codex to hand atm, what units can be vowed as Fallen? Lord, Sorcerer and just Fallen squads I assume? No Terminators??

You can use CSM Termis as Fallen for this event... You only need a solid/fluffy reason why they have them (Butchering a Deathwing unit, suits from the heresy, or they are "fallen" DA successors )

EDIT: see also opening post of this topic

What he said! :thumbsup:

In a looser sense you can use virtually anything from the codex. Special characters other than Cypher are out obviously, and in the background there is exactly one Daemon Prince among the Fallen (which you could do of course). Given proper effort in conversions and painting you can use the rest of the list "counts as Fallen".

In the strictest sense Fallen, Cypher, Sorcerer and Rhino count.

Both versions are in for this challenge, see the OP for details. :smile.:

I just listened to "The Call of the Lion" and I completely understand, why Astelan choosed to be a Fallen!

That audiobook alone should be reason and motivation enough to beat the Deathwing and show them that the Fallen were right.

Is this the same as the one printed in "Tales of Heresy"? I hate audiobooks with a passion, but you have made me curious to read it.

I just listened to "The Call of the Lion" and I completely understand, why Astelan choosed to be a Fallen!

That audiobook alone should be reason and motivation enough to beat the Deathwing and show them that the Fallen were right.

Is this the same as the one printed in "Tales of Heresy"? I hate audiobooks with a passion, but you have made me curious to read it.

It should be the same. I sometimes listen to audiobooks while painting to get into the mood.

I completely understand the appeal of audiobooks, and know manypeople who love them - for soem very odd reason I just hate them. I tried to like them, I really tried. Seems like I just can not stand listening to a human voice reading to me for longer than a few seconds. :sleep: