+++ March of the Fallen - ETL VII +++

Darnok

Hmmm... If I wasn't already vowed for the Dark Angels then I would have joined in this as I have far more Fallen Dark Angels that I need to paint up.

You can still do an OoC entry. Or you could enter your Dark Angels... There is not much off a difference

Hmmm... If I wasn't already vowed for the Dark Angels then I would have joined in this as I have far more Fallen Dark Angels that I need to paint up.

OOC vows are a thing. :thumbsup:

Vow 1 done.

Berserkers done, and that's my first vow complete. 1 week late, but who's counting eh!

med_gallery_141590_15405_503133.jpg

Group shot.

med_gallery_141590_15405_81933.jpg

I'm going to vow again at the weekend. It's nearly done, just need to tweak it a bit. Trying to get a squad of fallen into the mix! Just for you Darnok

Vow 2. 10 fallen including a champion.

I Dwango rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos Space Marine Forum and vow to complete

10 fallen - champion, power axe and plasma pistol. 9 boltguns. - 150

20 CSM Squad MoK - Aspiring Champion, twin lightning claws. 17 chainswords and bolt pistols. 2 x flamers. Banner of wrath. - 294

1 Venomcrawler equipped with a soulflayer, two excruciator cannons, tendrils and eviscerating claws. - 130

of total value 574 points

on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end med_gallery_141590_15192_547815.jpgmed_gallery_141590_15405_913569.jpgmed_gallery_141590_15405_419761.jpg

The CSM squad are a mixture of space wolves and older CSM models. The wolves have come from the Wolf of Fenris that the Red Corsairs captured. Figured they turned to chaos during the boarding action. The others represent newer additions to the Corsairs. Huron would send these in first to prove their worth instead of risking his original marines.

Sorry for the late reply about cypher's back. Anyhoo here he is.

48153285936_569b0b104d.jpg

Furthermore I'm intending to vow one Fallen Librarian in my next vow however I'm not too sure when it comes to what he counts as. Would I use the points from a Chaos Space Marine sorceror from the Chaos Codex? I'm don't know if there's a Fallen Librarian entry in vigilus ablaze and that would be preferable.

48153392277_b4017a5a97.jpg

If all goes well I should have a bigger fallen portion in a 3rd vow.

Edited by obsidian quacker

Furthermore I'm intending to vow one Fallen Librarian in my next vow however I'm not too sure when it comes to what he counts as. Would I use the points from a Chaos Space Marine sorceror from the Chaos Codex? I'm don't know if there's a Fallen Librarian entry in vigilus ablaze and that would be preferable.

I have used the same model in my first vow, using the Chaos Sorcerer datasheet. Sadly there is nothing like a "Fallen Librarian" in terms of special rules.

I have used the same model in my first vow, using the Chaos Sorcerer datasheet. Sadly there is nothing like a "Fallen Librarian" in terms of special rules.

They can take the <Fallen> keyword as of Vigilus Ablaze.

To spice things up a bit, a story written by DeRome90 over at the Mark of the Liber:

„Incoming!“
The loud yell from a vox-speaker cut through the silence of the night and moments later the sky was lit up by several explosions along a trench line infront of a small fortress. Although Markoth was quite a distance away from the scene, he could see the bodies of imperial Guardsmen blown into the air. Thanks to his genetic enhanced vision and the autosenses of his power armor, he could even hear the screams of the Guardsmen as their bodies were ripped apart. He could also see who attacked them, although it was no surprise to him. He was the one after all, who directed the Death Guard to this fortress at the end of Mark’t valley. “It pains me to see these vile creatures attack this station,” Markoth mumbled.

“I am surprised that you even allowed them to find this place. And now they attack a place which was named after you… that is ironic, isn’t it? Although it seems like the inhabitants forgot how to write your name.” Markoth turned to the man who spoke and answered, “We need a diversion, otherwise our pursuers might notice that we were here and what our real objective is.”

The hooded marine smirked and replied, “Still, this sounds more like a plan from the shrewd XX and not something our Legion would normally do. But I understand your reasoning Sergeant Markoth… or was it Mark’t.” “Glad that my plan receives your approval Sar Gadu” replied Markoth mockingly. He knew how his squad mate hated to be called as if he was still a Knight of old. Markoth and Gadu knew each other even before the Great Betrayal as Gadu recruited Markoth for their Legion.

Before the old Gadu could tell his Sergeant where he could insert the formal title, another Marine appeared from the shadows of the forest they used as a hiding place. “We are ready Sergeant. Philos planted the explosives where you told him and Ka’arl is ready to neutralize the Watchtower.” “Thank you Fiban. We will proceed, as soon as the Death Guard relocates their fire onto the front wall. Then we will…” Before Markoth could finish his sentence, a wild roar sounded from across the battlefield.

The group of Astartes turned and saw that another force attacked the fortress beside the Death Guard. Behind the swollen and diseased figures of the Plague Marines where now mad amalgamations of ceramite, transhuman flesh and daemonic entities. A unit of Possessed ran towards the trench line, while an Obliterator gave them covering fire. “Seems like the bloated Mellitus couldn’t shut his trap and invited the Word Bearers. We need to hurry!” The three Astartes left their observation point and ran towards their goal.

++++ Six hours later ++++

The squad of Sergeant Markoth arrived at their hideout, a cave system in the mountains on the other end of the valley. While they left on foot, they returned with 2 trucks and one chimera. The guard they left at the entrance to the cave system waited till they left their transport and walked to Markoth “I am glad that you are back Sergeant. How was the requisition?” The way the Marine talked was still quite formal and it set Markoth sometimes at odds to talk to their new brother in arms. Like the armor of his own squad, was the one of this guard a deep black with the symbol of their Legion on the right pauldron. Unlike the one of his own, the battle plate of their allies was a newer type and on their knee guard they retain the symbol of their former chapters. They are not allies but our brothers now, rebuked Markoth his own thoughts.

“Although we had some uninvited guests, we got everything we wanted” answered Markoth and wanted to turn around and help his squad with unloading the transports when the Guard cleared his throat and said, “We also got an uninvited guest. He awaits you in the main cave.”

All of the Marines stiffened and Markoth muttered, “Please don’t tell me it is Cy…” “No! I am glad that he did not returned to us. He attracts too much problems after all. No, the Loremaster awaits you.” While this was not as bad as Markoth has feared, he could not relax that much. The Loremaster was also an original member of the Legion and a close brother, but he is still a psyker, and no one wants to be too close with a psyker. It also does not help that the Loremaster knows so much and yet talks so few beside when he talks about the “good old times”. And maybe the last dispute the had, might also cause some troubles.

When Markoth arrived at the main cave he saw the psyker for the first time in three centuries. In the middle of the cave a fire was burning, which was the only light source in this cave, beside the display of a cogitator on the other side of the room. Right before the fire stood a Marine in an old and cobbled Terminator armor. In his left hand he held a staff, which was inlaid with psy-reactive crystals and in his right he held a ball of fire which floated bare centimeters above his palm. The Psyker turned and looked at Markoth with a smile on his face, as if he saw a friend after a long time. While partly true, they nearly attacked each other the last time after a heated discussion regarding the Great Betrayal. “My dear Markoth! I heard that your mission was a success! What did you brought back from your old garrison?”

Markoth barley nodded in a form of greeting and answered, “You know that it was never my garrison, but the one of the Legion. I was only the one who built its foundations.” “Don’t be so stiff. Do you think that I am still mad at you, just because you blasted a hole into the wall beside my head with your plasma pistol the last time? Both of us were right after all. So relax and tell me of the materials you brought back.”

“Well, I would understand it if you would be a little bit mad.” The Sergeant walked around the fire and stopped on the opposite of the Loremaster, stretching his arms and rubbing them, as if to warm them on the fire. An old habit he never got rid of. “We secured several crates of ammunition for our Bolters and Plasma weapons. We could also secure six sets of Mark III power armor, as well as several spare parts and raw material. There were also several data crystals. While the information on them is mostly outdated, we can at least use the coordinates of several other Legion storages.”

“This sounds like a great haul, but what about the gene-seed?” Markoth feared this question but he knew that it would come. “Several containers had a leak and the gene-seed in them could not be used any more. We had only so much place in our stolen transporters and the time was running out, so we had to destroy everything except for three containers. While I do not think that the Death Guard would have found the vault with the gene-seed, I am quite sure that the Word Bearers would, so I had to destroy everything we could not carry with us.”

The Loremaster extinguished the ball of flames and said “To be honest, that is more than I thought. I was sure that nothing of it would be useable after such a long time. You did the right thing in destroying the rest. Now we need to leave this system and get in contact with the others. It seems like the captain surfaced a decade ago, and we need to meet up with him sooner than later.”

“We will be able to leave this planet within the next week, but don’t you think that your Terminator armor would stand out too much?” The Loremaster laughed and turned to the next wall. While he drew something onto the stone with his finger he said, “I won’t be coming with you lot. I just came her to inform you that the captain is back and that the Keeper of the Truth had to flee Terra short of his goal. Also it seems like our pursuers got to track you down, so you should hurry.”

Markoth let out a sigh, “I really whish they would know the truth and stop hunting us. I get tired from always running away. I miss the time of the Great Crusade.”

Again the Loremaster let out a burst of laughter and with a flicker of his index finger, he finished his ritual and opened a small warp gate. “Who does not wish for that? But you know… our brothers are not called the Unforgiven for nothing.”

With that, the Loremaster walked through the gate and let Markoth alone with his thoughts of better times.

• 2 weeks later...

My second vow contains:

• Chaos Sorcerer with jumppack; force stave and plasma pistol (125 points)

jaOjso4.jpg

• 8 Fallen; champion with plasma pistol and power fist, one Fallen with plasmagun, one Fallen with heavy bolter (147 points)
  • Cypher (80 points)

ugFWlOp.jpg

P.S.: The second post is updated as well.

Edited by Darnok

• 2 weeks later...

I Dwango rise to the challenge of Mark of the Fallen and vow to complete 5 fallen (vow 3)

I Dwango rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos Space Marine Forum and vow to complete

Master of Possession equipped with force stave and holstered bolt pistol - 90

2 Obliterators equipped with fleshmetal guns and crushing fists - 230

1 hellbrute with twin lascannon and fist - 100

5 fallen with boltguns.- 70

of total value 490 points

on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-endgallery_141590_15405_1438762.jpg

Edited by Dwango

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there!
I apologize for the long silence. Unfortunately real life happened and I have quite a backlog with my first vow. But I am currently back on working on my vow and I hope I have finished it by the end of next week. If there is some time left, I will vow 3 Units for the Fallen. (the competition with the DA is after all my own fault)

I Dwango rise to the challenge of Mark of the Fallen and vow (4) to complete:

1 fallen lord with a plasma pistol and powerfist.- 88

of total value 88 points

on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-endgallery_141590_15192_181729.jpg

This will hopefully mean I have time to get a spawn or two in for my next vow!

Vow complete and I'm going with another one to make it 5.

I Dwango rise to the challenge of Mark of the Fallen and vow to complete:

Vow 4 is complete! gallery_141590_15192_111589.jpggallery_141590_15192_112209.jpg

And here's my fifth vow.

5 fallen marines with a chainsword and bolt pistol, 3 x boltguns and a volkite caliver (counts as plasma gun).- 81

2 x chaos spawn - 50

of total value 131 points

on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-endgallery_141590_15405_299089.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately I have to declare that I won't make my vow in time. 

Due to some laziness in the beginning and IRL issues (overwork and long lasting illness) in the later weeks, I do not think that I can finish my vow in less than 24h. 

I apologize to my fellow Chaos Warlords (especially my brethren of the Fallen) and I am ready to bear any mark of shame the Pantheon gives me.

I still hope that the Fallen will win the competition against the Unforgiven. I still plan on making some more fallen and if you would like, I will write another story (or two) about the Fallen.