Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Legio Gloriam - The Honour Bound

• Please log in to reply
261 replies to this topic

Xanthier

Xanthier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 527 posts

Probably would lessen the penalty for indirect fire.

Thanks to the magic of 3d printing, I updated Cedere Nescio's legs as I wasn't overly happy with the squat previous iteration using some AT buildings and knight legs.

With a bunch of 3d printed components, it's given him another inch of so of height. I reckon he's far more proportioned now!

KTSu1qJ.png
1TpoZZy.png

CAwvKI2.png

7o5iQQv.png

I do still plan to add some pistons and bracing to the legs like the Warmaster, but that's going to be in a week or so. For now he's essentially done (again). Next up should be a heavy Reaver and alternate-chassis Warlord-class...

• Noserenda, Bjorn Firewalker, The Yak and 2 others like this

The boater

The boater

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 398 posts
Those legs are absolutely amazing! Could I ask where you got the files? Or did you design them yourself?
"...and result in an unpleasant expiernce called sinking"

Xanthier

Xanthier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 527 posts

Cheers, I remixed a bunch of files from Aphyrion, she has a patreon/cults3d store and does fantastic knights and not-titans. I used parts from the Asamus as well as two of her knights. Then it was mostly a case of changing the dimensions to fit what I was after.

The boater

The boater

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 398 posts
Great to know! I’ve been looking for a pair of legs that look better than the already existing ones on thingiverse, and these are it.
"...and result in an unpleasant expiernce called sinking"

schoon

schoon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 803 posts

Those legs really are awesome! Amazing work.

IIRC, you use Blender?

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,690 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Impressive works.
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Mendi Warrior

Mendi Warrior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,750 posts

Very impressive indeed thumbsup.gif

Xanthier

Xanthier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 527 posts

Cheers everyone, I've mainly been using Meshmixer so far as I've not had to go out of my way to sculpt anything new, but rather just adjust what's already been made.

I also finally got around to finishing up my heavy Reaver which I've wanted to make ever since Warbringers came out.

jvYAZsx.png

• malika666 and Noserenda like this

Sherrypie

Sherrypie

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 940 posts
Good job. I'd been thinking about a similary chunkier Reaver, but with the Warbringer torso as well (just closing the upper deck with armour plating). Nice to know the legs work reasobably well with the Reaver's proportions.

#ConvertEverything!

30k / 40k / Epic: Truescale Death Guard / Mechanicum project http://www.bolterand...s-with-the-xiv/

AT: Legio Favilla walks, Ashen Gods unleashed http://www.bolterand...gods-unleashed/

gallery_48988_16045_17820.pngsml_gallery_48988_16045_8658.png

Lord_Borak

Lord_Borak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 93 posts

I was thinking about doing this conversion myself so I'm lad to see that it worked out all right! Any issues with the waist join? 

The legs for the Imperator are fantastic. I'm massively jealous.

Edited by Lord_Borak, Yesterday, 06:51 AM.

malika666

malika666

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,149 posts
I love the heavier legs on the Reaver!

Bits Blitz - the place to be for all your bits needs!

Troll Forged Miniatures

Sciror

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,690 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
The Reaver is well-painted, its base well-decorated. It can use some decals or other decorations on the carapace and pauldrons, though.
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users