Legio Gloriam - The Honour Bound

I like it. The Scheme for the gold is really nice. Subtle but very different. I have those colours and may well try that technique out myself somewhere. Thanks!!

A shame about the Volkite but hey, it's one LESS thing I have to paint!

I’m afraid to tell you that Battle Bling have three alternate Warmaster weapons available! They have a Volkite (though interestingly it look like it has different armour panels to the one above), a dual Volcano Cannon and a mega Gatling which is my personal favourite! No shoulder mounts, though, so you’d have to commit to one, or convert a mount for it. They did just come out with alternate Warlors shoulders as well, so maybe they’ll do the same for the big lad.

I also agree on the gold, that looks beautiful! And @Xanthier, it may just be the photos, but I don’t think it’s too busy at all, if you wanted to add pink lightning, definitely worth a try, I think.

Edited by General Zodd

Cheers Noserenda!

So I finally got round to basing the 'very blue' Reaver and the scaled down Acastus titan design made by Lauren Aphyrion - it's originally scaled to be 40k Reaver sized, but at 30% it works great as an alternate Warlord-class titan too! Also I balanced the Acastus torso on some warlord legs and it doesn't look too bad really.

I still need to get round to trying out some vibrant or pastel pink lightning bolts on the blue test panel to see if I like it as a secondary colour for the blue boy, but for now he's simply very, intensely, blue.

n3OUuGs.png

6KoaoD8.png

1re6DLp.png

Please please please can I have the files (or links?) for that!??!?! It looks awesome.

I think it would be quite cool as an in between a Warhound and Reaver. An up armoured, up gunned Warhound. 

Edited by Lord_Borak

• 3 months later...

Well it's been a while again. Been mildly busy here and there painting the odd weapons, but only a few big things -

An alternate chassis Warlord with centre main gun -

T4lKqdM.png

A Warlock titan for my small Eldar project -

F7vtEh5.png

8jWyalF.png

CcVLQts.png

The plan is to paint up 2 Phantoms to go along with the Warlock, and 2 pairs of Revenant Titans also, though I'm still testing out scaling on those and I need to convert up the back fins as nothing I've found is particularly close currently. Still progress is being made!

Cheers guys! I do plan to do some knights eventually - the goal is to have a Warlock, 2 Phantoms and 4 Revenants to start with, then possibly expand with some Wraithknight support and (if I can find remotely close stl's) some of the bright stallions.

I didn't create any of these files myself - the Warlord almost-nemesis was done long ago by one of the Battle Blind designers Danny, and he lost the base files a while ago so I was working with an unreleased kitbash that was already sliced and nigh impossible to edit. As for the Warlock, the head and psychic lance are from Thingiverse and scaled down, but the 40k Phantom files were a private purchase and sadly the seller requested he not have people directed his way, I assume to avoid any hassle about the design.

I also got round to finishing up the first Phantom, and went and used my dremel to drill out magnet holes in the torso and shoulders, so I can swap out the arms for this guy too. I digitally kitbashed a scattershield arm and missile arms since the homebrew rules I've currently found has them as options - probably going to play around more to make some others too.

MSqaeL1.png

TMdWJG2.png

Lovely work as always! Wraithguard already make excellent Eldar Knights but i would be all over a decent Phantom/Warlock/Revnant like a powerful moss :smile.:

Edited by Noserenda

Cheers guys! Kitbashed up some missile arms and got those painted up, so I have some options -

0B9Q5hV.png

Also digitally kitbashed up the Revenants. I went for a more wraith0like head, and couldn't find a high-poly model for a sonic lance for love nor money, so ended up touching up a low poly model I found and remaking the barrel myself - pretty pleased with how it came out!

cCzDd42.png

GklBsFW.png

zoYp1A8.png

Got a bit more work done - I had a hell of a lot of fun digitally kitbashing an old favourite - a Bright Stallion knight! Painting it up was pretty damn fiddly, I swear I'm not old yet.

I also decided to make a couple of Towering Destroyers as well - essentially four armed Wraithknights.

YNIqRCd.pngT31NY2i.png

bK8iWbI.png

Nahhh, that'd be rude. I did finish painting up a Towering Destroyer knight though. Rather than go for three arms and a shoulder cannon, or three arms and a small cannon arm depending on which old fig you're looking at, I went for a four armed variant because I liked how it looked.

I extended a Wraithknight torso with a trimmed down Waithlord torso for the extra shoulder joints and bulked the legs out very slightly. A different head and replacing fins for vents and voila, a truly towering knight. He scales up pretty well compared to a Cerastus!

CtScO6d.png

WE7PpQR.png

dHJl2w6.png

Tei1GBl.png

Mostly by just shouldering through the slog of painting, and lots of youtube/music!

Speaking of, just a small update on that front - got another Phantom and Revenant painted.

dydcCtx.png

s4Lwc1B.png

DOQOGcx.png

egc3XJS.png

However, I also made 2 more knights - Fire Gales, so I have those to paint too. Rather than decreasing how much I need to paint by one, it increased instead! Still, I only have 2 Rev's and 4 various knights to paint up now at least, unless I expand again....

Another update as the motivation keeps on trucking along - got a Fire Gale painted, as well as the last two Revenants with pulsars.

sal31b9.pngy1W5i7s.png

All 3 knight types together -

1ukj80Y.png

8jIX9bL.png

NWv1qZm.png

Pretty close to the end of the eldar project now, just 3 knights and some misc stuff left before I inevitably start to ponder what to do next.