Legio Gloriam - The Honour Bound

Cheers schoon! Neaqrly done now - got the last 3 knights painted up, so a group shot.

4wm5GwW.png

There's only really a few small things left to paint for this project, titan weapons, an objective etc. Ended up doing more than I'd expected, the original scope was only going to be 5 models!

Somewhat tempted to do Orks next as people have been mentioning them a lot.

As for rules Brother Adelard, someone on /tg/ has got an early revision set of rules for them, so I'll likely be giving those a whirl once I can get a game in.

I imagine the key to their play would be the rules for holoshields. IIRC, there is already a theory within GW as to how they would work, because James Hewitt said they had a plan up their sleeves in original testing. They would be, I imagine, faster, flimsier but hard to hit and pin down.

Typical Eldar Bull:cuss as they say.

Edited by Brother Adelard

• 2 weeks later...

How tall are your Revenant titans? I found the same file and was trying to scale it down, think I have it set around 9cm tall. Need to dig around for a Phantom next :biggrin.:

To the top of the shoulder vents they stand to 60mm tall. The Danny cults3d revenant proxy is a bit overscaled for 40k, I basically used the Forge World height and divided by 4 and it matches up to a Warhound very nicely.

How tall are your Revenant titans? I found the same file and was trying to scale it down, think I have it set around 9cm tall. Need to dig around for a Phantom next :biggrin.:

To the top of the shoulder vents they stand to 60mm tall. The Danny cults3d revenant proxy is a bit overscaled for 40k, I basically used the Forge World height and divided by 4 and it matches up to a Warhound very nicely.

Ah nice one cheers dude it's next on my print list after a fleet for billion suns and some legion stuff.

Cheers schoon! Neaqrly done now - got the last 3 knights painted up, so a group shot.

4wm5GwW.png

There's only really a few small things left to paint for this project, titan weapons, an objective etc. Ended up doing more than I'd expected, the original scope was only going to be 5 models!

Somewhat tempted to do Orks next as people have been mentioning them a lot.

As for rules Brother Adelard, someone on /tg/ has got an early revision set of rules for them, so I'll likely be giving those a whirl once I can get a game in.

These look ace, always loved the Yme Loc scheme. 

Got a bit more work done - I had a hell of a lot of fun digitally kitbashing an old favourite - a Bright Stallion knight! Painting it up was pretty damn fiddly, I swear I'm not old yet.

I also decided to make a couple of Towering Destroyers as well - essentially four armed Wraithknights.

YNIqRCd.pngT31NY2i.png

Didn't Imperial Knights look like that in the 1st ed AT? Or am I remembering it wrong?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...