Legio Gloriam - The Honour Bound

Hah, a Magos Converter of the Adeptus Painticus - I like it. Cheers guys.

I finished the weapons up, so the warlord is done. Iudicii Aeterni, Eternal Judgement, is up and running. I wasn't keen on how much the laser blasters stood out from the profile, so cut them and the cowling down which gives them a much more compact look and I think they fit the overall shape a lot better.

wmDVM4J.jpg

8SAzBZs.jpg

vzI8xuq.jpg

The Kabalite green is only 2-3 coats, shading a panel is about 40 seconds? Just mixing a darker shade by adding black, covering the bottom third and feathering it up the panel before it dries, then possibly using some nuln oil wash to panel line. The white is a quick prime, panel line with agrax and sometimes glaze shade with some 9:1 medium:agrax wash. The panels themselves are pretty quick really.

The trim is a bit of a pain with a brush but these days is fast enough - the main time sink is making sure I don't get any on the finished panels, but using the edge of the brush to get most of it done quickly followed by a sharp tip to get the inner edges of the trim itself goes relatively fast. Highlights are even faster as I can skip the inner panel edges.

Just set all of Legio Gloriam up on two shelves, so figured I'd take some group pics.

7YZXjbJ.jpg

0vs6IqM.jpg

Aside from the knights and pure melee Reavers all weapons are magnetised. Figured I may as well, just in case.

Not the most exciting of updates, but aside from maybe a couple of weapons and some tokens, I'm down to this left to paint -

l6Yi1Qd.jpg

So really not much. Individual weapons aren't as interesting to paint as full titans so probably won't be as fast on these. I may dig out my Warhound weapons sprue and add some more plasma and bolters to the pile as well, polish it all off.

Thanks MagicMan!

The corvus assault pod mainly involves getting the parts together. Preferably without buying a whole new box just for 1 component. I've not had luck on bits sites so far.

Of the previous batch of weapons I've finished all bar 1 melta cannon. So if I assemble the remaining Warhound weapons I'll have 5 guns left to paint, plus possibly a retrieval token.

mzaHefW.jpg

Cheers, it'd certainly have to be a ponderous beast and likely very points heavy.

The coils are Ulthuan Grey (or any off white really) then a wash of 3:1 thinner:Cygnar Blue Highlight P3 paint, but any bright blue would do) then after that's fully dry just a quick light drybrush of the Ulthuan again.

Also a minor update, I did get that other melta cannon finished but it looks pretty much the same so I'll just include it in the next more sizable update picture.

• 1 month later...

Looks like it's been a month. I've not really been doing much hobby since the last update, mainly as everything was essentially finished. All that's in the to do pile is a Reaver volcano cannon, 2 Warhound VMB's and a pair of Warhound Plasma Blast Guns, plus a small token. Not the most exciting or needed so they've been just sitting on the desk.

I did decide to at least get the paints out today for a small bit of painting - a Contemptor Dreadnought to go with my Titan Hunting Infantry stands.

tbMpAiU.jpg

Cheers guys.

Made a bit more progress during lunch today, got the Warhound weapon arms done.

fAiaLoC.jpg

Not really exciting but at least they're out the way. I'll probably try and get the Volcano cannon and token done during the weekend when I have more time.

Polished up these two bits.

h3OkDoY.jpg

All that's really left is a box of gifted Questoris Knights and maybe a couple of small buildings made from the leftovers from the Imperator. Not sure if and when I'll get round to those, as all my Titanicus stuff is essentially done now.

Not sure if I asked this before (on my phone arm) but are you doing the green or the gold first when blocking out panels and trim? Also you have an eye for colors I like so I want to pick your brain: my traitors were going to be white panels with gold trim but I’m having second thoughts. What do you think of bronze trim that I use GW’s petina stuff on surrounding (off) white panels? If I go bronze should I use Balthasar gold shaded brown or use Warplock which has a heavy copper and greenish tone? Edited by Fajita Fan

I paint the green panels entirely first, then paint the bronze/gold trim afterwards.

White and gold looks very sriking - I use Balthasar Gold, shaded with Agrax wash and highlighted with thinned Sycorax Bronze. For a bright gold I'd recommend an off-white grey, like Ulthuan. Warplock is very dark - that highlighted with Balthasar would also work nicely if you use the Nihilakh Oxide patina on it, since darker bronze would oxidize that way - going from balthasar up makes it look more gold which wouldn't oxidize.

If you do go the darker bronze and patina route then I'd recommend a warmer off-white going towards cream like Wraithbone primer or Pallid Wych Flesh. Basically a warmer tone to contrast with the colder bronze.

Polished up these two bits.

h3OkDoY.jpg

All that's really left is a box of gifted Questoris Knights and maybe a couple of small buildings made from the leftovers from the Imperator. Not sure if and when I'll get round to those, as all my Titanicus stuff is essentially done now.

All is done? What about the Corvus Assault Pod? ;) ;) ;)

If you do go the darker bronze and patina route then I'd recommend a warmer off-white going towards cream like Wraithbone primer or Pallid Wych Flesh. Basically a warmer tone to contrast with the colder bronze.

That's a good thought, I was using Ulthuan on the panels but I wasn't sure if I should gold trim since my other legio has mostly gold armor. 

Really cool amazeballs Legio Brother Xanthier!

Love the colors and the use of spare terrain on the bases. Kudos.

Also the plasma glow is really crisp, could you please share that recipe? Mine takes forever and I'd love to have a crack at something like yours if you don't mind.

So many Legios share colours Fajiya Fan that I wouldn't really consider that a problem. If you like gold, go for it.

Cheers Interrogator Stobz - it's pretty simple. Solid base of Ulthuan Grey (or any off-white grey really) followed with a 3:1 Lahmian Medium to P3 Cygnar Blue Highlight - or if you have it, the old GW Enchanted Blue. Once dry, careful drybrush with the Ulthuan Grey again - that's it.

All is done? What about the Corvus Assault Pod? :wink::wink::wink:

Well you'll be glad to know malika666 - I've now made it, primed it and I'm waiting for it to cure before I put a wash on it. I plan to finish painting it up later today since it's now the early morning.