Legio Gloriam - The Honour Bound

For your colours I think I'd suggest something fairly similar to what you've got. Maybe swap the green for something that looks different but doesn't clash with it completely. Orange, maybe? And perhaps have your trim something like Grey Knight steel.

Cheers everyone! I'd already done purple/white on all my normal knights, but black does always work well! In the end I bit the bullet and went for yellow as the main colour on the third knight.

p5Jwj9c.png

W47vEkP.png

JLTTAY1.png

Overall I'm not too concerned how well the freeblades visually go with my main Legio as long as they don't have the same scheme - they're freeblades after all, and probably due to die very quickly.

So, now I'm back to all AT models painted again. Other types of Cerastus Knights aside, I wonder what's coming out next.

Dude how are you doing the tiny recess shades on those knights, they look great and I can’t do that. Is that a tiny brush and you keep loading it or is that a bigger brush you’re just controlling really well?

Cheers guys. I'm just using a pair of old brushes as I need to buy new ones. Nothing special, one's effectively a standard and the other is finer. Both started out as medium layer brushes.

• 7 months later...

What techno-sorcery is this?! I wish I knew how to do this like this :D

Great thread. I've seen your conversions a few time on the internet. Had to go back and look at the whole thread! Great looking titans and great covnersions on general! How do you do the white?

Yeah, makes smooth panels a lot quicker. I don't own an airbrush, otherwise I'd probably use that instead.

Over christmas someone got me a box of cerastus as the knew I like Titanicus, so I figured I'd paint them up quickly. Been a while, I'd practically forgotten how fine some of these details are.

PbJ2YAN.png

The whole horde of Cerastus lancers as they stand now -

x5NABVj.png

I still have a pair of building to paint up now, since I also dug out all my unmade terrain parts and spares and used them all, so I figure I'll see if I can do a quicker rattlecan job on those, since the previous buildings I painted had washes which seems impractical on larger buildings.

Cheers everyone! It's good to be back Mandragola, it certainly feels like it's been a while.

So we've seen how big the Warmaster is compared to a Warlord, but not how big it is compared to the relatively common Imperator conversions. So I took the Warmaster I'd photoshopped in my Legio Gloriam colours and placed it between the warlord Iudicii Aeterni, 'Eternal Judgement', and my Imperator Cedere Nescio, 'I Know Not How to Yield'.

Hope this is useful for those of you looking to use the Warmaster to convert up an Imperator, or scrounge parts from!

ZbO1jwx.png

That pic isn't using the old beatleback warlords though, which the Imperator was closer in time to than than MK 3 metal warlords there. Plus None of the old epic titans are particularly exact in scale. Plus on that 2.5x scaled pic above, the Imperator is barely above 2x Warlord height including spired, nowhere near 3x.

Axel's work here shows that the Imperator really was huge compared to the Warlords of it's era. http://www.axelfendersson.co.uk/blog/2010/01/amtl/

Edited by Xanthier

True. I did originally use that artwork as reference for Cedere Nescio, but as a couple of people pointed out on FB, in that pic the Emperor and Warlord's knees are at the same level, either implaying that the Imperator has very, very stubby shins and tiny feet, or is walking along a deeper channel.

I much prefer your (Amazing model btw!) Imperator's scale tbh, im sure we can find sources coming up any size for titans as they have been a bit lax about that over the years  but a smooth hull progression from Imperator > Warmaster > Warlord would be a stronger choice when it comes to actually making models.(Though the Cathedral can be a bit taller) I always figure the original STC for the Imperator had a more practical carapace but some file corruption or crazy Magos popped the Cathedral up there, well, that or they stuck guns on a walking Oil rig or something :D