Naming your tanks

• 2 weeks later...

I memba seeing that sort or thing in white dwarf battle reports and in articles about people's armies and kinda thought it was weird.

To me, the lore is what happens on the table more than anything else, my guys mostly get their :cuss kicked in like ADBs Night Lords, my armies die to a man with everything destroyed. It pretty much goes down like the gears of war trailers (at least for 1,2 and 3, can't speak to the newer ones, 3's Trailer has happened numerous occasions on the table.)

So I don't name stuff. I do name individual models that perform heroic feats.

There is J5 a drone from my Tau army that consistently would take the last wound off of Primarchs, wraith Lords, etc. He was very hated and took a stupid amount of fire for being a drone.

Gabillionaire and Chauncy are two of my autocannon havocs, they were the last survivors of my army's fight against Eldar and gabillionaire ended up throwing a grenade that bounced back and killed them both. We laughed so hard we woke up my friend's wife. They are named for randoms we'd met back in the heady days of Halo 3 matchmaking.

"Promotions!" Skull Champion is a solo survivor of Khârn's attentions after numerous turns where Khârn gets to doing his domestic abuser impression, Promotions has both hands in the sky, like the "Promotions!" Meme. Hits him several times but fails to wound each time.

My vehicles don't accomplish much beyond what's on their tin. Block opponent movement, drop off assets, add to weight of dice, assault first to eat overwatch.

Edited by Trevak Dal

As a general rule of thumb, and to provide a cohesive scheme to my DIY Chapter, I name my armour after a "hero of the Chapter" (The Wrath of Fleetmaster Personis) while naming air support using a latinish phrase such as Mors Principium Est, which may not translate well but appears suitablely Imperial gothic.