Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2000 pts Necrons. First list.

Necron Battalion 2000

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Frostwolf240

Frostwolf240

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts
My first Necron list I have built and was wondering what everyone thinks. Any advice or recommendations are welcome

113 PL
8 CP
2000 PTS

+ BATTALION DETACHMENT +

+ Dynasty: Sautekh +

+ HQ +
Cryptek: Staff of light, Chronometron
Overlord: Warlord - Immortal Pride, Voidreaper Artifact

+ Troops +
x10 Immortals: Tesla Carbines
x20 Warriors
x20 Warriors

+ OUTRIDER DETACHMENT +

+ Dynasty: Nephrekh +

+ Dynastic Heirlooms: +1 Artifact -1 CP +

+ HQ +
Cryptek: The Solar Staff Artifact, Canoptek Cloak

+ Elites +
x10 Lychguard: Hyperphase Sword and Dispertion Shield

+ Fast Attack +
x5 Canoptek Scarabs
x5 Canoptek Scarabs
x5 Canoptek Scarabs
x6 Canoptek Wraiths: Whip Coils

+ Heavy Support +
Monolith

List made using Battlescribe.
Terror is at its sharpest when the certainty of death is first revealed - the moment the blade is drawn, the instant the fangs are bared. After months on the hunt, the fear in the eyes of a heretic is a sight more joyous than any victory feast. The allfather's wrath will befall them, and I am become his worthy instrument.

NTaW

NTaW

++ SUSPECTAVI VENEFICI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,384 posts
Looks like a fun list to play. Sort of soft against armour but lots of functional choices. What is your plan for the Monolith in-game?

I can't say I've found whip coils to be of service on Wraiths in my games. I got three of my six built with them and occasionally paid the points to see how they worked, never panned out to much. It could be interesting specifically against large infantry units to stop them from consolidating properly.

Frostwolf240

Frostwolf240

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts
Kinda built it out of available models. Only need 5 more lychguard yo complete it but will be running against a friends DA company. Monolith is both there for scare tactics and to pull focus (hopefully do a bit of damage before it drops) and might have a squad or 2 on the tomb world. As for the coils those are experimental for now but he runs high troop lists so figured might be worth the attempt.
Terror is at its sharpest when the certainty of death is first revealed - the moment the blade is drawn, the instant the fangs are bared. After months on the hunt, the fear in the eyes of a heretic is a sight more joyous than any victory feast. The allfather's wrath will befall them, and I am become his worthy instrument.

NTaW

NTaW

++ SUSPECTAVI VENEFICI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,384 posts
Given that you have only one model that can transport units from the tomb world, it may be worth only holding one unit off table. That way you can make good use of the Emergency Invasion Beam stratagem if something goes terribly wrong for your Monolith. They are surprisingly easy for Space Marine armies to delete.
  • Mechanicus_Adept likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Necron, Battalion, 2000

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users