Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rumour Engine 4 June 2019

Rumour Engine

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,180 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

I'd love plastic aspects and I reckon they probably are coming, but the image seems to depict a pretty substantial component, and you'd usually only see something that big on the base of a character model.

It is a unifying feature of newer Eldar characters across different ranges (the Yncarne, Eldrad Ulthran and the Harlequin characters all have this style of runic stone base) so it's almost certainly something Eldar-ey. Exodites? Ynnari? Phoenix Lords?

• Marshal Rohr likes this

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_13317.jpg gallery_84244_11417_22884.png gallery_84244_16660_5008.jpg gallery_84244_11417_13552.png gallery_84244_11417_5535.png

Darvell

Darvell

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 266 posts
  • Faction: A few... soon(tm)

My heart wants to say an overhaul of much of the Eldar range (Like they did with the Dark Eldar), but my head says it's probably going to be Daemon Primarch Fulgrim.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

My heart wants to say an overhaul of much of the Eldar range (Like they did with the Dark Eldar), but my head says it's probably going to be Daemon Primarch Fulgrim.

An overhaul isn't that unlikely I'd say. They are basically the last ones left now that Chaos Marines got their stuff and SoB are going to get theirs soon as well.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Mendi Warrior

Mendi Warrior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,740 posts

Avatar of Khaine's base element?

• Doctor Perils likes this

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,420 posts

Some new Phoenix Lords would be great. That's what I'm hoping for.

• Kierdale likes this

Formerly known as Flame Boy since about 1999. Time for a change! smile.png

My Adeptus Mechanicus Ploghttp://www.bolterand...og-torburnides/

My Ork Ploghttp://www.bolterand...oys-orky-horde/

https://www.instagra.../magos_takatus/

gallery_48988_15465_6059.png

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,162 posts
Exodites...

Already seen the dinosaurs. Would be great to link with fulgrim's return on a new frontier
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Aramis K

Aramis K

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 631 posts
  • Faction: Ω XX Ω
I'd sure love another one of those rumour engine recap pics with all the unsolved images on...
I'm on Instagram as Aramis_esq

Mentor Legion, Deathwatch, and bastard geneseed log
"Officially, they were designated the Unnumbered Sons of the Primarchs, but they called themselves the Greyshields. They were the new sons of old science, and they had no fraternity but their own."

My Heresy Alpha Legion log - XX in progress

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,992 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

I'd sure love another one of those rumour engine recap pics with all the unsolved images on...

From Dakkadakka:

vAMokUz.jpg
  • Aramis K likes this

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,037 posts

some of those have been answered.

top right is infilitrators smoke grenade from a weird angle/possible reversed/

top left is the new warcry war band.

marine backpack is probably iron hands primaris techmarine

banana

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,461 posts

some of those have been answered.

top right is infilitrators smoke grenade from a weird angle/possible reversed/

top left is the new warcry war band.

marine backpack is probably iron hands primaris techmarine

It's the same kind of grenade but not the grenade. Probably from the inevitable standalone kit.

The spear doesn't belong to any of the revealed Warcry models.

We've seen the backpack on the sprue of the Iron Hands Primaris and it doesn't match.

• Triszin, fire golem, 01RTB01 and 1 other like this

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,614 posts
What backpack are people seeing in that picture?

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,992 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

What backpack are people seeing in that picture?

3rd row, 3rd image in. (Not that it definitely is a backpack but it could be)

Edited by fire golem, 08 June 2019 - 08:22 AM.

Aramis K

Aramis K

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 631 posts
  • Faction: Ω XX Ω
So I'd laughed off the idea of Exodites coming. But with this post: https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-3/

I think maybe... just maybe...

Plus it's a whole new range of minis with old old roots, the sort of thing they love doing now, and the sort of textures that'll work great for contrast paints.
  • Doctor Perils likes this
I'm on Instagram as Aramis_esq

Mentor Legion, Deathwatch, and bastard geneseed log
"Officially, they were designated the Unnumbered Sons of the Primarchs, but they called themselves the Greyshields. They were the new sons of old science, and they had no fraternity but their own."

My Heresy Alpha Legion log - XX in progress

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,965 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard
Id be all over Exodites if they came out. But would they really do Exodites before the new Eldar faction that I cant remember how to spell.

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

Chiam

Chiam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17 posts

They do seem to be hinting towards a lot of Eldar lore at the moment. I'm not going to get my hopes up just yet though.

Dulahan

Dulahan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 750 posts
  • Faction: Custodes, Eldar, Admech

Id be all over Exodites if they came out. But would they really do Exodites before the new Eldar faction that I cant remember how to spell.

This is GW - so probably!  "Those old models are good enough... here!  Have an entirely new army!"

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,869 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

I just don't see Exodites happening before a fully fleshed out Ynnari 'dex.

• Bev'an likes this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

Captain Coolpants

Captain Coolpants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,175 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights
I know its forgeworld. But I have a whole army or corsair that are practically unplayable. So would rather them to be addressed first.

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,162 posts
Exodites, crone world, emperor's children. I'll keep saying it and I believe it
  • Slave to Darkness and Aramis K like this
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,965 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

Exodites, crone world, emperor's children. I'll keep saying it and I believe it

Swap Emperors Children for straight up Chaos Eldar and that would be a good match up. EC vs Eldar is predictable and boring and obviously is gonna be what GW gives us. :lol:

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

Ascanius

Ascanius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,216 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion

Expand your horizons!

Exodites vs. Emperor's Children (wave 1)
Emperor's Children (wave 2) vs. Drukhari/Ynnari

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,037 posts
Wasnt there an old rumor, will 2 old rumors.

1. Apocalypse is coming with many new Lords of war for multiple factions.

2. Ancient dusty bygone era rumor. eldar ghost seer. An entombed warlock in one of the walkers?
banana

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,975 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos

Wasnt there an old rumor, will 2 old rumors.
1. Apocalypse is coming with many new Lords of war for multiple factions.
2. Ancient dusty bygone era rumor. eldar ghost seer. An entombed warlock in one of the walkers?

Would an Eldar Warlock/Farseer in a Spirit Stone ensconced in a Wraith Knight with a live Warlock/Farseer twin in a Wraithknight be any more dangerous than any other Wraithknight piloting twin set?

If so, just how rare would that really be, and would GW be willing to not only stat it appropriately, but also make the rules to reflect its rarity?

(Seriously dammit, where's the 0-1 rules again GW... I know your pocket books care if someone only buys one, but make something follow some in-universe logic instead of profit-chasing)
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,315 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech

You Know that Backpack -3 down -3 across... i wonder if that could be a backpack off of a NEW Ad mech/ Skitarri Heavy trooper happy.png  wouldn't that be grand ....

Mithril

• Magos Takatus likes this

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Captain Coolpants

Captain Coolpants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,175 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights
That scythe on the top row. The one everyone thought was some kind of elf weapon because of the gem looking thing. Has that been confirmed as anything yet?

And what about the AoS looking horn?

Or that cross section leather looking straps with what looks like a ponytail on the bottom row?

AAAND the dino tail.
All together looks very exodites. If its not then they've released a series of images that really make it look like exodites.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rumour Engine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users