Metallic Sprays

Tyriks

I failed the fraters by not posting this sooner, but a few weeks ago I tried Vallejo's gun metal and silver sprays and they're AMAZING. Theyre both brighter than leadbelcher (gunmetal is a bit darker than silver) which is good for me because it shows through the contrast better. They go on easier and so far much better, too. I painted up one of my Knights and aside from a few small spots the whole thing needed only one coat. I've also had problems with leadbelcher creating weird surface tension that makes paint want to retract (if that makes sense) but none of that so far. And to top it all off its $5 (USD) less a can! Every time I stop in to the FLGS now I buy all they have to make sure they keep stocking it so I don't have to worry about running out.

@ Tyriks - cool ,can we get a pic of the cans ..and the knight please :happy.: ... Iv'e never seen Vallejo spray cans before :unsure.:

Mithril

++EDIT++  is it this spray?.. Cause if it is it's like nearly $10.00 cheaper for me than Leadbelcher spray :ohmy.:

AV28021.jpg?1548908691

Edited by mithrilforge

Here's a comparison:

3gwejAr.jpg

The valiant (left) is leadbelcher (2 coats and needs a third in spots).

The Abhorrent (middle) is Vallejo Gunmetal (one coat).

The Vault is Vallejo silver (two coats).

The silver does not go on as well as the gunmetal. I still like it at least as much as leadbelcher but the gunmetal is really a champ. I think I'll use the silver for Necrons since I like them really clean and bright but for general use it'll be gunmetal all the way.

Perhaps...to speed paint some Necrons we could go with a Gunmetal Base then a Zenithal coat of the sliver  :thumbsup: then it's simply wash and highlight... then other colours and Boom :laugh.:

yes the Gunmetal looks like a very good/cheaper replacement for leadbelcher :cool.:

Mithril 

++EDIT++ Nice start to you Vault there Bud :wub:

Edited by mithrilforge

Thanks! I think I should be able to knock it out quicker than I expected. I think the actual painting is a little more than 1/4 done after tonight, but I need to wash it all which will probably take a while just due to surface area. I might have it done this weekend, even, which I did not expect at all!

Yeah I was definitely considering mixing the two like that when I want to use the silver. The gunmetal just covers so well it's hard to not just want to stick with that for everything!

Edited by Tyriks