Warhammer day promo release?

it's a store release on the 29th (warhammer day) and they say if you cannot get it instore you can order it through direct online... so please don't go and try get it on fleabay guys :sweat:

I'll definitely try and get one and test out my future sister's army scheme on it...

i think it's good that they're doing this, it's nice to give you a model that is new and you can still use in your existing armies,and its an example of whats to come...

good times ahead guys  :yes:

Cheers, Mithril

• 3 weeks later...

Yay got my battle sister this morning!! The store only had 6 units instore... I was number 5 through the door !!

Expect to see my painted lady posted somewhere here in a week or so !!

Cheers, Mithril

Only 6!?

They definitely aren’t expecting the Sisters release to be popular then.

I picked up mine as well. The only decision I now need to make is whether to leave the iconagraphy on the base surface as-is or change it to Sacred Rose, the Order which I play.

And if anyone is still wondering she is on a 32mm base.

They had 6 units at the counter but the manager did say “we have a warehouse full so if you miss it today you can order it right here and have it in your hands by next Thursday” I just got lucky,

oh and I’ve put her together and she’s an awesome sculpt!, the mold lines seamlessly fit in with the armour lines and the detail is great and very crisp . I gotta say if the rest of the sisters line is like this then woah Momma what an awesome line it’s going to be!.

Pics later as I can’t work out how to upload it here from my B&C album on my mobile :-/

Cheers, Mithril

Had to get mine off ebay (from a game store and not one of those 'buy out the whole state and flip them on ebay' guys). Looking around though, this seems to be pretty freakin popular. Every seller I saw was closing in a 3 digit sales, and that's JUST ebay.

Why didn’t you order it from GW online?... or go to the shop and order it through them(that is if you have a GW nearby?!..)

I hate fleabay, I’d rather have waited then spend more on there...

Mithril

Only issue I had, beyond GW sending their stores so few, is that someone who was toward the middle of the line cut in front of everyone (after we were told to line up in  the order we arrived) and bought one before everyone else, which caused two people I know (who also traveled 2+ hours to buy one) to only get one total instead of one each. :(

Well here in Australia if you cut the line we practically cut your throat!, we despise queue jumpers so that person would’ve been pushed to the back by everyone for trying a stunt like that ... it’s a shame GW never seems to realise the potential they have with products that are a no brained on the awesome we want to buy it scale:-( , they let down their customer base on more than a few occasions with special release products, I guess also it’s us as consumers that want want want everything right now and can’t wait till next week so we will begrudgingly spend the extra on flEaBay just to get it now...

if I’d known it was going to be this hard I would’ve bought the 6th store unit and posted it to someone on here for same cost...

Mithril

Why didn’t you order it from GW online?... or go to the shop and order it through them(that is if you have a GW nearby?!..)

Mithril

Because I'd rather get hit in the crotch with a hammer than get fleeced on the GW site.

Besides, a lot of ebay sellers are just game stores who also post their inventory online. The ones I bought were standard 15% off with free shipping.

(seriously though, buying GW direct is cancer. Like their prices aren't high enough without daylight robbery. I don't care if I had a GW store in my living room, buy GW direct is an absolute last resort.)

Edited by ERJAK

Mithril

Because I'd rather get hit in the crotch with a hammer than get fleeced on the GW site.

Besides, a lot of ebay sellers are just game stores who also post their inventory online. The ones I bought were standard 15% off with free shipping.

(seriously though, buying GW direct is cancer. Like their prices aren't high enough without daylight robbery. I don't care if I had a GW store in my living room, buy GW direct is an absolute last resort.)

I misinterpreted your message, you said in a previous post you bought it online and everyone of those sellers were closing with three digit sales... i was thinking you got ripped off...

look im not a fan of GW and it's prices and will go to a FLGS whenever i can... but seriously... A hammer to the Crotch would likely kill you (especially if its a hammer of Sigmar :biggrin.: )

Mithril

oh and here's my pretty lady...

med_gallery_9146_7882_93648.jpeg

Edited by mithrilforge

I got my yesterday. Our local store only got 3 in. I'm so glad I special ordered mine, here in a bit I'm going to assemble her. It's nice to get A plastic sister finally other then Celestine and her Gemini. Now wait for release day, whenever that is going to happen.