Arvus lighter and solar auxilia

Im starting a solar auxilia army and have an arvus lighter laying around. Can only the command squad take the arvus or can other squads take it as well?

It's an regular fast attack choice which means any unit can start in it.

Im starting a solar auxilia army and have an arvus lighter laying around. Can only the command squad take the arvus or can other squads take it as well?

Where can i find those rules. In the red book and battlescribe it doesnt come up as a fast attack, but as a dedicated transport and only the command squad has the option to take the arvus Edited by james71989

Where can i find those rules. In the red book and battlescribe it doesnt come up as a fast attack, but as a dedicated transport and only the command squad has the option to take the arvus
Have they changed it's rules?

In book 5 Tempest it's a regular fast attack choice.

Although Battlescribe is by no means a source for rules anyway I still looked it up and in my version the Arvus is a fast attack choice, too.

And in that you can start with any infantry unit with 12 dudes or less.

Edited by Gorgoff

Where can i find those rules. In the red book and battlescribe it doesnt come up as a fast attack, but as a dedicated transport and only the command squad has the option to take the arvus

Although Battlescribe is by no means a source for rules anyway I still looked it up and in my version the Arvus is a fast attack choice, too.

What is odd is that it lists the arvus as fast attack for militia but not solar. But its called an auxilia arvus lighter

What is odd is that it lists the arvus as fast attack for militia but not solar. But its called an auxilia arvus lighter
Simple reason.

Auxilia is a somewhat latin word for help troops or support element. That's why it is in more than one name.

It's loosely based on roman support troops in their legions.

Edited by Gorgoff

Household retinue, topped up CC Marshall, and the surgeon, throw some lascannons on it for lolz and prepare to reap the benefits of awesome rules

Yeah, doesn't work though. An Arvus has a transport capacity of twelve, and a Household Retinue, a Lord Marshal and the Surgeon-Primus Aevos Jovan count as 14 models though, 'cause Aevos Jovan has the  very bulky  USR.

Works fine with a regular Medicae Orderly though.

Anyone seen any cool alternatives or conversions for an Arvus? I love the standard model as terrain or an objective for narrative but I’m not so keen on it for an actual gunship. The lore mentions a military model and other gunships of the same class being used.

Anyone seen any cool alternatives or conversions for an Arvus? I love the standard model as terrain or an objective for narrative but I’m not so keen on it for an actual gunship. The lore mentions a military model and other gunships of the same class being used.

Wouldn't be the Valkyre a neat County as?

Maybe the flyer from the deathwatch? I don't really know how much work would it be to remove the excess weapons and the Inquisition symbols, but it looks Imperial enough and has tansport bays.

Wouldn't be the Valkyre a neat County as?

The Valk is actually a bit bigger than the Arvus (the Corvus is too) I was trying to keep to the same bay/body size.