What’s missing from the Primaris line?

But what's the cost of that weapon? Are you suggesting that a 14 point weapon should be a guarantee 100% to cause always significant damage to a 300+ point unit?

The idea is that you run multiple of these weapons.

It's not a 14 point weapon. It costs as much as the models carrying it and the transport used to get them there, which can readily encroach on that same cost. It also removes initiative from infantry - even though infantry are supposed to be one of the biggest threats to vehicles precisely because they are nimble and able to hide in spaces vehicles can't enter.

Well perhaps we should mosey on from this. I consider both sides to have a point to be made but I think it is obvious that folk want some melta on Primaris so regardless of how we feel on the competitiveness of single shot weapons etc we can move on.

Volt that’s not how guns work, and as far as appoc goes; the SAP is lower than SAT on things that are single shot anti tank (melta) because you can’t liquify one guy and have as much of an effect as liquefying one tank. The tank is dead, but the squad is (aside from being horrified about fred’s Untimely demise) perfectly fine.

I’m not a huge fan of multi-weapons because of their range ... but ... since many of us like the idea of jetbikes, this would be a perfect weapon / delivery system to give Primaris an anti-tank squad that can effectively utilize the (Multi?) Melta option and provide mobility like no other Primaris option as of yet.

Add something like a Krakstorm Grenade Launchers as secondary weapon?

Although I see why people might like a true melee lance weapon, I’d prefer to keep the sword and board themed as an infantry unit, and create something uniquely Primaris as the Custodes have the other option covered already and I’m (in full disclosure) as admittedly anti-Custodes as others are Primaris. Let’s keep each themed separately as possible.

Edited by Dracos

I'd prefer fast and cheap, but yeah, something to assist with board control. I haven't taken time to play around with all the things Infiltrators can do for Primaris. Instinctively they feel like they'd have similar issues as Raven Guard Intercessors ... the ability to deploy forward out of their own zone, but limited reactionary mobility after than. Reivers have similar movement issues compared to their more mobile Assault Marine brethern :(

I'd prefer fast and cheap, but yeah, something to assist with board control. I haven't taken time to play around with all the things Infiltrators can do for Primaris. Instinctively they feel like they'd have similar issues as Raven Guard Intercessors ... the ability to deploy forward out of their own zone, but limited reactionary mobility after than. Reivers have similar movement issues compared to their more mobile Assault Marine brethern :(

Yes, reactive response is an issue for Infiltrators. Part of the reason why I rely on Repulsors to do that job. Early board control and light pressure from the Infiltrators followed by an armoured push with the Repulsors where they're needed. Deep strike the rest to shore up where needed.

I think the new vehicle will be a fast attack choice. One version a transport, the other a anti infantry one off vehicle.

I see people keep saying fast attack jet bikes, and my question to you is this. What form and role.

Looking at primaris tech, I personally hope it's this route.

The bike is built around a weapons platform. Either a melta Lance/quad melts, or something else.

I would assume the bike would be melee focused. The Inceptors fill the roll of fast weapons platform, similar to boltgun or plasma bikes. If they do a bike unit, I would want it to be a melee option. Something like power spears that are good at tough infantry killing and melta lances that can rip apart armor. While Inceptors keep to light infantry killing and TEQ killing.

I want some Cawl-pattern massproduced xeno-phase blades for a heavy assault unit, something along the lines of

S: user AP -1 D1 reroll succesful invuls

As for Meltaguns I guarantee that if melta did base 6D and Multimeltas did 6D (+1D6 if within half range) people would be taking them, sure you'd still have invuls to get past but if they did OUCH! Watchout characters and any light vehicles like speeders/venoms.

Edited by Silas7

I would personally like a primaris equivalent of the blight hauler. Something small, quick and lots of high damage AT and relatively cheap to run with a few wounds and higher toughness. Maybe that is a role bikes could fill, armed with crawl super meltas etc Edited by Subtleknife

The new transport is a step on the right direction, and one which I am very pleased.

When the new codex drops I will certainly make a primaris only list, but I still need a veteran melee unit at least.

They wont be BT tho. Not until a Primaris Emperor Champion drops.

I think after bikes, and cheap melee unit and elite melee unit (terminator type of thing) I can run a decent list at 1500 points, which is what I usually play.

Guest MistaGav

I would personally like a primaris equivalent of the blight hauler. Something small, quick and lots of high damage AT and relatively cheap to run with a few wounds and higher toughness. Maybe that is a role bikes could fill, armed with crawl super meltas etc

I thought of something similar but I look to the custodes caladius and pallas grav tanks. More blocky, space marine esque versions of them would work well thematically.

I'm interested in the new transport but only semi. I'm fine with the regular Repulsor for my transport needs with the current range of models. So yeah I still say that a cheap transport isn't needed as for now. Sue me. :P

The Lasfusil Eliminators and the dynamically posed Phobos Lieutenant however ... yeah I'm definitely going to get those. Eliminators are amazingly durable in cover and with a proper weapon they will be an auto-include in my lists, and the Phobos Lieutenant will be a nice addition to my Sanguinary Guard Reivers.

Not sure about the Dreadnought-like model though. I really really hope they don't go the route of actual piloted mechs for Marines. Leave that to pretty much every other faction (from the top of my head: AM Sentinels and by extension GSC, T'au half of the range, Eldar War Walkers, AdMech chicken walkers, Imperial Knights, Grey Knight Dreadknights, Ork Dreads and Kans).

I agree that the new transport would have to offer something beyond just moving around quicker.

If it lacks any significant firepower I won't be investing in it.

If I want to deliver troops or plasma somewhere I can run Infiltrators and Inceptors and save myself a bunch of points.

What makes the Repulsor good is that whilst it can indeed be destroyed it still requires a good deal of dedicated anti tank firepower to do so, and it provides quality mobile fire support.

If this new transport has a few decent weapons, machine spirit and perhaps some other defensive rules then I will be more interested.

I'm interested in the new transport but only semi. I'm fine with the regular Repulsor for my transport needs with the current range of models. So yeah I still say that a cheap transport isn't needed as for now. Sue me. :tongue.:

The Lasfusil Eliminators and the dynamically posed Phobos Lieutenant however ... yeah I'm definitely going to get those. Eliminators are amazingly durable in cover and with a proper weapon they will be an auto-include in my lists, and the Phobos Lieutenant will be a nice addition to my Sanguinary Guard Reivers.

Not sure about the Dreadnought-like model though. I really really hope they don't go the route of actual piloted mechs for Marines. Leave that to pretty much every other faction (from the top of my head: AM Sentinels and by extension GSC, T'au half of the range, Eldar War Walkers, AdMech chicken walkers, Imperial Knights, Grey Knight Dreadknights, Ork Dreads and Kans).

I imagine this new transport will have unique rules that make it more tempting than just "like a Repulsor, but with less dakka". There has to be a reason it's being shown off alongside other Vanguard related models. Some folks have feared this might mean it will only move Phobos armour, but I think this means it'll be a bit more like a command or scouting vehicle with a role that isn't entirely "metal bawks". 

I'd be alright if this thing was a piloted robot provided it also had the option to model in a sarcophagus. In any case, the thing looks like it can tumble around with all those roll bars. My hope is deep strike, or maybe we start seeing more units with that Vanguard move from Dominions. 

Yeah I'm sure it'll have more going on than just less dakka considering the dakka is not what makes the Repulsor eypensive for the most part.

Would be cool if it has a deep strike ability like the Repulsor got described in the novels. We still need units to put into a cheap transport though (not entirely convinced I'd take a transport for Aggressors).

It only moving Phobos units makes no sense considering two already have Infiltration and the other can deep strike on its own.

A deep striking Dread would be awesome and kinda insta-pick for me as BA player lol