Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Initial Contrast Experiments (from us all)

By B&C

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,441 posts

I used Contrast on both of the Primarch models I have

Ffor Curze it's his base. Specifically it's Skeleton Horde over a pre-shaded base, then drybrushed with Karak Stone.

ZYPv5D3.jpg

YM4JE4n.jpg

4Z83Kc3.jpg

zugNdV7.jpg

For Sanguinius it's the daemon. I did Black Templar over Khorne red, then drybrushed with Mephiston Red.

KCXBlQh.jpg

4sXGkYM.jpg

T7X2XAS.jpg

I'm currently thinking I'm gonna use Basilicanum Grey over the same metallics I used on Curze (Iron Warriors > Nuln Oil Gloss > Leadbelcher Drybrush > Ironbreaker layer highlight > Stormhost Silver) to get the Metallic Dark Grey armour the GC-Era Wolves had for Russ when I get him.

Edited by Gederas, 23 October 2019 - 12:58 PM.

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 949 posts
  • Faction: Chaos and Tyranids.

I don't know if anyone saw this, but its using contrast paints for HH from Warhammer community site. 

https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-2/

AL one seems dead on, while SoH one feels not great. Some are hits, others misses. I found it interesting anyway. 

The white on the World Eater is really nice especially. Not all of them work but the ones that do are brilliant.

• MegaVolt87 likes this

ztbmByp.png

"Painting with this stuff is like trying to copy the Mona Lisa using Napalm." -DuskRaider on Typhus Corrosion.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, but monkeys do too, if they've got a gun." -Inquisitor Edmund Izzardos, on Jokaero.

(Formerly known as Squigsquasher)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: By B&C

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users