Initial Contrast Experiments (from us all)

Ooh, is that skeleton bone on wraith bone?

On the Terminator? The exact recipe is buried somewhere in the DA section of the site, but it's pretty much skeleton horde over a wraithbone base, applying very carefully so it doesn't pool. It might have been 50/50 skelton horde to contrast medium. 

The lasblaster on the swooping hawk is a thick coat of skelly horde over wraithbone for sure, so thin it down first to get the shade of bone you need. 

• 4 months later...

These are not new pics but these were experiments with Contrast paints. I learnt the most about Contrast paints from Juan Hidalgo on Youtube and highly recommend his videos if you haven't seen them.

Both the Enforcers and Delaques were experiments with "underpainting" in different colours and then glazing Contrast paints over the top. It was super quick and, aside from a dodgy spray undercoat on the Delaques, worked quite well.

The Delaque leather coats were drybrushed up roughly from a dark brown up to a very light brown. Then had a coat of Basilicanum Grey all over. This was then followed by a 4:1 Black Templar:Contrast Medium.

The Enforcers were sprayed Administratum Grey primer. The cloth parts were SkavenBlight Dinge. I then just applied Black Templar, straight from the pot, all over and then highlighted.

Enforcer1.jpg
Delaque2.jpg

Delaque1.jpg 

These are not new pics but these were experiments with Contrast paints. I learnt the most about Contrast paints from Juan Hidalgo on Youtube and highly recommend his videos if you haven't seen them.

Both the Enforcers and Delaques were experiments with "underpainting" in different colours and then glazing Contrast paints over the top. It was super quick and, aside from a dodgy spray undercoat on the Delaques, worked quite well.

The Delaque leather coats were drybrushed up roughly from a dark brown up to a very light brown. Then had a coat of Basilicanum Grey all over. This was then followed by a 4:1 Black Templar:Contrast Medium.

The Enforcers were sprayed Administratum Grey primer. The cloth parts were SkavenBlight Dinge. I then just applied Black Templar, straight from the pot, all over and then highlighted.

Enforcer1.jpg
Delaque2.jpg

Delaque1.jpg

Those Delaque robes look great

Rik