Galloway's Void Reavers- DA Successor Chapter

Galloway

• 3 months later...

Hi all. Finally finished up some stuff I'd been working on for a while, definitely slowed down some this summer from combination of work and hobby burnout. Still planning on painting up more, but will be taking a bit of a break for now. Anyway, as always feedback welcome.

First up: variant "Spatha-pattern" closed top Impulsor/Gladiator attached to Void Reavers 4th company (shoutout to the cool models and minis conversion kit).

med_gallery_68171_15488_233596.jpgmed_gallery_68171_15488_297173.jpg

Second: Fellwing (1st company) squad Erelim. Maybe not my best work but came out ok in the end.

gallery_68171_15488_172099.jpg

• 5 months later...

Hi all-

Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. Cut back on my painting some to free up time for some other hobbies/interests, but still chipping away at stuff.

First up is assault squad Zephron (4th company, 7th squad). While most Void Reaver sergeants prefer to carry a power sword, Sergeant Zephron bears a relic power axe and plasma pistol into battle that was gifted to him by the Blood Guard chapter, in honor of the zeal and prowess he displayed while serving along side them in the defense of shrineworld Vesta VI.

gallery_68171_15488_147291.jpg

med_gallery_68171_15488_158755.jpg

med_gallery_68171_15488_333220.jpg

Second is the variant-pattern Land Speeder Vengeance Implacable Vigil. While the canopy displays the Dark Angels symbol in honor of their parent chapter, the "pulpit" gunner has been replaced by automated system with internal machine spirit guidance. This modification has allowed the chapter to continue fielding these vehicles even in times of limited available manpower. Like standard-pattern Land Speeder Vengeance, the Implacable Vigil can also be configured to operate as a Ravenwing Darkshroud.

gallery_68171_15488_162768.jpg

gallery_68171_15488_411799.jpg

As always, thanks for stopping by, and for any feedback or suggestions you might have. Also, for anyone who's stuck around to the bottom- are there any rules against posting models here which were 3D printed, and/or use 3D printed bits? I have some ideas for doing some conversions/kitbashes that utilized some 3D printed bits, most of which I don't think should be a problem. But there are definitely a few close enough to those released by GW that I worry a bit that they might be scans which I'm rather conflicted on using.

Galloway,

Great work on the marble angels on your speeder.  I think you really pulled off a nice marble effect.  Also, I like the turret on your "not-a-hover-predator".  Is that a straight out of the box build or something more custom?

Can't say for sure about the 3D stuff but I've posted pics of 3D printed stuff before and haven't gotten any flak for it e.g. warhound titan with mini beakies running around.  

Edited by Raziel-TX

Galloway,

Great work on the marble angels on your speeder.  I think you really pulled off a nice marble effect.  Also, I like the turret on your "not-a-hover-predator".  Is that a straight out of the box build or something more custom?

Thanks. Pretty much straight out of the box- the top hatches on the rhino sprue fit pretty much exactly in there. Decided I wanted a smoother version so took one and sanded down the sides, plus a bit a greenstuff to fill in gaps. Then just glued an assault cannon to the little center bit with the cross that you can mount the H-K missile or storm bolter or whatever in. Hopefully makes sense.

• 5 months later...

Cease fire!” barked Othis, as he surveyed the results of the firing range. The initiates stopped at once, then struggled to stand at attention after having completed another hours-long circuit of the training course which had pushed their bodies and minds to their rapidly increasing limits. The 10th company sergeant said nothing for a moment, then two, before declaring “Passable. Barely, and not nearly good enough for what we will require of you, but tolerable for the moment. See to your weapons, then attend to Chaplain Bastian for a lesson while the course is reset. You will attempt it again in one hour.” A cowled and robed figure emerged from the dark behind Sergeant Othis, and from its skull-visaged helmet came a raspy voice commanding “Kneel and listen. Feel your new bodies restore themselves while I tell you of our lord and commander Grand Master Nepharos, and the deeds that saw him raised to command of the fourth company. Seek to emulate his skill and dedication that you might improve your own performance…”

+++Image captures of Void Reavers Grand Master Nepharos circa <classified> during his tenure as 4th company master+++

Nepharos_Master_Front1.jpg

Nepharos_Master_Front2.jpg

Nepharos_Master_LSide.jpg

Nepharos_Master_RSide.jpg

Nepharos_Master_Back.jpg

First of three versions of Nepharos for forum competition. Others (as Firstborn and Primaris chapter master) coming soon- models for both primed and ready for paint. As always, thanks for looking and feedback greatly appreciated.

Also, I have yet to figure out how to easily link new Gallery pictures to posts- if there's a link/guide posted anywhere would appreciate a pointer.

Edited by Galloway
Added text at end

• 1 month later...

Pahadron opened his eyes, the ghostlight that had been flickering over his motionless body fading as he exited his trance. When the Great Rift had first opened, the Void Reavers had been hard pressed to avoid extinction, and he had his doubts anyone other than Supreme Grand Master Nepharos could have led the chapter in holding on long enough to weather the initial onslaught. While the primaris reinforcements received at the Primarch’s conclave had improved chapter’s prospects for a time, years and then decades of pushing back against the endless waves of traitors and xenos were inexorably taking their toll. The Grand Master of Librarians had increasingly focused his efforts on trying to find a path forward that would not lead to the Void Reavers’ extinction. Until now, every time Pahadron had turned his powers to divining such a path, his visions ended with the Void Reavers’ valiant but ultimately futile demise. This vision had begun like so many of the others had, with full companies of Void Reavers entering a battleground wreathed in smoke and flame, unimaginable volleys of weapon fire arcing across the sky. As always, Supreme Grand Master Nepharos led the way with Chryasor, the Sword of Twilight Sorrow in one hand and his relic combi-plasma in the other. But where Pahadron’s past visions had ended with the sight of his entire chapter fallen and shattered upon the ground as the smoke cleared and warp rifts began opening across the sky, this time the battle never ended. Instead, he saw his chapter gradually come forth at the other end of the field, battered and wounded but resolute. The toll was grim, and at first Pahadron despaired for he recognized few of the brothers who emerged, and that fewer still were firstborn like him. But then he admonished himself for forgetting that there is only one fate for a space marine, and took heart in seeing that new battle brothers had risen to the challenge of leadership so that the chapter would continue. And then relief and dread crashed over Pahadron in equal measure as one final figure emerged from the conflagration of battle. Supreme Grand Master Nepharos had survived, at least in a fashion, for he was now a primaris battle-brother in armor with strange new symbols emblazoned upon it, rather than the firstborn marine he had once been. Gone was his cherished combi-plasma, and Chryasor had also been reborn as well, somehow remade into a blade nearly twice the size it had once been. It was not clear if the Void Reavers had won or lost the battle, but they had survived to continue delivering the Lion’s vengeance, and that was victory enough.

Let Supreme Grand Master Nepharos know I must seem him at once, and am coming to meet him in the strategium” voxed Pahadron as he strode out of his chambers. “Tell him I may have found a path.

Image captures of Void Reavers Supreme Grand Master Nepharos c. M41

image.thumb.jpeg.f69a0671bd8d093554814e094ff098b0.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.09c8fadab58b6ccfb488be99a7e2895b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.eb6492f75eb96a44135b8040097f7643.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.53da85adc2b4ed6de185e5c32766b9ad.jpeg

Psy-servitor rendering of Grand Master Pahadron's visions of Supreme Grand Master Nepharos after crossing the Rubicon Primaris

image.thumb.jpeg.afead15c2941979b53d6e59640f8d361.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0151bceae7a9e9dc20ec54dc30e00189.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.46da13796fd931514bc22e28d85984e1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1daa9c1ec26c5f5e403550a9e72507c3.jpeg

Nepharos as 4th company master and as supreme grand master

image.thumb.jpeg.e2bbbee7c9a3665df5852b6af1345aba.jpeg

As always, thanks for looking fraters, and feedback appreciated. Not sure what I'm going to do next, but think I may take a little detour and try out the colorshift paints on some Necrons to let my Unforgiven mojo recharge. But will definitely be back, probably sooner than later.

Edited by Galloway
formating pictures

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Wow...didn't realize it had been so long. Been slowly chipping away here and there, and finally finished the last of the firstborn squads of the 4th company, devastator squad Telantes. I magnetized the legs of the heavy weapons carriers so its easy to swap guns around, and built 2x each missile launcher, lascannon, plasma cannon, and heavy bolter torsos. Also gave the other marines a bit of different look with scopes on bolters and devastator legs and helmets, to give idea that they work as spotters and can step in to pick up heavy weapons if one of the bearers should fall.

image.thumb.jpeg.5755cf063131d0df0bbdd019c30f3563.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6cd7fda97c39b60db508af388df2de58.jpeg

Also painted up a Repulsor Executioner a while ago, but never got around to posting it.

image.thumb.jpeg.15958477338e651231a160d9b22e87b4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.089391baf0dc265b68c95cf211ce556b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.39e1bdee54141ff129ced5f3b910ead1.jpeg

Personally I may be in the minority of not being particularly excited about the Lion's return lore-wise (or maybe skeptical that the implications for the Unforgiven and Fallen will be handled in a way I like), but hopeful I can use it to get some mojo going and paint up some more. Definitely have a bunch of plastic and resin to still work through.

As always, comments and feedback greatly appreciated.

10 hours ago, Raziel-TX said:

Solid work. I’m torn between really liking or disliking the floaty tanks…no treads to muck up. Haha

Thanks. I find I don't mind the hover part so much, but I get irrationally angry about them having stubbers (for Guard and AM in my mind). Also couldn't get behind the open top look for the Impulsor, but that's more like my preference for actual helmets on all the troops.