Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

First club day 1000 PTS list. Need opinions or reworks

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Frostwolf240

Frostwolf240

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts
Headed to my first club day in a week (means a lot of painting to do lol) and I am going to play a 1000 point game or 2.
Made a list but wanted peoples input as to weather it is a viable one or if it needs tweaking. Tried to make it as rounded as I could.

*Edited list*
62 PL
993 PTS
8 CP

++ Battalion Detachment ++

+ HQ +

- Wolf Guard Battle Leader, 4PL, 70PTS
Warlord: Saga of the Hunter, Wulfen Stone Artifact, Boltgun, Wolf Claw

- Primaris Wolf Lord, 6PL, 87PTS
Master-crafted Stalker Bolt Rifle and Bolt Pistol, Power Sword

+ Troops +

- Blood Claws, 9PL, 104PTS
5x Blood Claws, BC Pack Leader with Chainsword, WG Pack Leader with Lightning Claw and Storm Bloter

- Blood Claws, 9PL, 108PTS
5x Blood Claws, BC Pack Leader with Chainsword, WG Pack Leader with Power Fist and Plasma Pistol

- Grey Hunters, 10PL, 183PTS
7x Grey Hunters, 2x Chainswords, 2x Plasma Gun GH, GH Pack Leader with Power Fist, WG Pack Leader with Power Sword and Storm Bolter

+ Elites +

- Wolf Guard, 8PL, 129PTS
WG Pack Leader with 2x Frost Swords, WG with Wolf Claw and Plasma Pistol, WG with Thunder Hammer and Boltgun, WG with Chainsword and Plasma Pistol, WG with Power Maul and Plasma Pistol

+ Heavy Support +

- Hellblaster Squad, 8PL, 165PTS
5x Hellblasters with Plasma Incinerators

+ Dedicated Transport +

- Rhino, 4PL, 72PTS
Storm Bolter

- Rhino, 4PL, 72PTS
Storm Bolter

Plan is to put a BC squad and the WG into the Rhinos and the Battle Leader in with the WG and push them up the field asap.
The Hellblasters will find a good position to fire on heavier targets with supercharged shots supported by the Primaris Wolf Lord for reroll 1s to hit
GH will move up to support or attack as needed and fill in as the Battle Leaders body guards should the BC's get wiped out as they offer moderate ranged and close combat

Second BC squad to outflank after t2-t3 for mop up or reinforcement as needed.

Anybody see any holes that I could fix up with better or different units/strategies? I welcome any and all advice or criticism.

Edited by Frostwolf240, 08 June 2019 - 12:39 PM.

Terror is at its sharpest when the certainty of death is first revealed - the moment the blade is drawn, the instant the fangs are bared. After months on the hunt, the fear in the eyes of a heretic is a sight more joyous than any victory feast. The allfather's wrath will befall them, and I am become his worthy instrument.

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,484 posts
Heck yea sounds fun! A few things:

The priest only gives reroll hits in combat so it’s not good for fire support. if you want good support for the blasters consider either a battle leader with the jump pack, or a Phobos leader or captain with the plus one to hit trait.

The Wolf guard seem a little lost to me, they only are going to proved a few more slightly higher S attacks than the claws. I’d go hammers or combis. Regardless they should get one of the rhinos over one of the BC who should possibly outflank, T3 for cleanup.

Do you expect well rounded lists or are people going to be beardy and fit horrendous crap in there?

Edited by PeteySödes, 08 June 2019 - 12:40 PM.

Frostwolf240

Frostwolf240

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts
Nah its a pretty relaxed group and they are pretty welcoming to newcommers (know a few mwmbers personally) so they will play with strong but rounded lists.

Honestly the WG are there because they are a converted model squad (used the Dark Angels Vet Squad bodies to have some dark robed Wolves) and I really want to see them on the table at least once lol. But yeah I see your point on the rhino. Will place them in with the Battle Leader.

I misread the Wolf Priest... will make that a bit tidier and switch out for a Primaris Wolf Lord. Has the Stalker Bolt Rifle for a 36" Heavy1 -2 and with base 3+ 4++ 6W. Should be pretty survivable. Pity to lose the healing balms though.

Made changes on the list and plan of attack in OP.

Edited by Frostwolf240, 08 June 2019 - 12:41 PM.

• PeteySödes likes this
Terror is at its sharpest when the certainty of death is first revealed - the moment the blade is drawn, the instant the fangs are bared. After months on the hunt, the fear in the eyes of a heretic is a sight more joyous than any victory feast. The allfather's wrath will befall them, and I am become his worthy instrument.

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,484 posts
I do like the priest for the hits but you’re not missing out a ton on the balms, if he could bring back models like the apothecary it’d be great but you have to be down wounds to even roll.

Seems good though! Good luck with the painting, let us know how it goes!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users