The Friary of Jade (and Friends)

Brother Dallo

Evening Underhivers.

I've got my second game tomorrow and while I haven't managed to get my gang fully painted, I've made decent headway with their bases.

unkUBq7l.jpg

Here you can see the bases with 3mm masking tape applied and a single coat of black.

TZqJJIel.jpg

Next we have the nice crisp lines when you peel off the tape. If you're in any way looking to improve your painting game, I'd genuinely recommend adding a roll of 3mm masking tape to your hobby tools. I think this roll was maybe £2 from eBay and will last me for a lifetime's worth of bases.

4OtCxH5l.jpg

Finally, we have the bases looking a little more like the Underhive. Here I've painted in the brass details, added some grime with texture paint and given it a quick wash with Agrax Earthshade (which was still wet in the photo, hence the shine).

I'd be happy enough to paint the rims and call it a day, but our Arbitrator has started making Wanted Posters for Gangers who do impressive things and Toodles earned himself one for getting three OOAs in a game, including two champions. I plan to print out a poster and add it too his base, along with some blood splatters. I'll probably also add some Nurgle Rot to the bases to really sell the grimy, Underhive look.

C&C Welcome.

Dallo

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words folks.

The Iron Maw have had an “interesting” first half to their campaign. I’ve had four deaths (permanent) and have had no new recruits, leaving me with only three models. At one point my only Champion has to go to the Docs and cost me 110 Creds to save.

On the plus side, King is an absolute beast, rocking three wounds, armoured undersuit and heavy carapace alongside his suspensors heavy bolter with Chainsword bayonet. There’s quite a price on his head at this point.

I’m really enjoying the narrative of this gang, where people are dying literally every game, but King is accruing masses of Rep and gear.

Dallo