Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cryptek Dynasty Question...which one?

novokh mephrit cryptek necron

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,920 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech

hey all,

quick question here....

I'm about to paint my Forgebane Cryptek and was wondering ...do i make him Mephrit or Novokh...

My core army is Mephrit...40+warriors, 1x unit of immortals with gauss, Monolith, Ghost ark, 8x Destroyers & 2x Heavy destroyers.

I also have 2x staff lords that are generic characters and have not repainted them yet... plus they're metal and feel dated to me..so may not use em yucky.gif ... 

will probably replace em with plastic lords in the near future...

My other detachment is Novokh and will consist of 3x Canoptek Wraiths (to be painted for the ETL) 2x Tomb Spiders and about 6-10 scarab bases...

will add more to this over time perhaps...

So my question is where does the Cryptek fit in here?...

C&C appreciated...

Mithril 

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Tyr13

Tyr13

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 248 posts
  • Faction: IH, SLoA, Agripinaa
Mephrit, definitely. The Novokh detachment contains nothing with the living metal rule, or even the RP rule. So it doesnt benefit from cryptek support at all.
  • mithrilforge likes this

Mr4Minutes

Mr4Minutes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 584 posts
I also say mephrit. With the cloak he’s fast enough to keep up with the destroyers if they need to move.

I’ve tried running a Novokh cryptek to run with my wraiths. The intention was to use the strat to give the wraiths RP, but it never worked out well. Never enough cp to use it, or I’d never loose enough to justify spending the 2cp.
  • mithrilforge likes this

NTaW

NTaW

++ SUSPECTAVI VENEFICI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,482 posts
Mephrit for sure, all the units it can buff are in that Detachment.

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,920 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech
Appreciate the replies guys !, so it’s definitely a case of a death world forest paint job then :-) and some orange too I guess !!
Again thanks for the info .
Cheers ,Mithril

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: novokh, mephrit, cryptek, necron

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users