And They Shall Know No Fear is . . .

Dracos

ATSKNF is officially . . . useless

With all due respect to GW game designers, with the growing number of units that can have a minimum of three, ATSKNF is . . . of no use in the Age of Primaris Rising ;)

Truthfully it hasn't been much use in 8th to any Astartes, but this Min3 movement is a nail in the coffin. I really hope the resculpt it into something useful and flavorful in the a 2.0 Codex, maybe something that improves toughness since as a morale modifier it is . . . of no use moving forward.

Sorry for the rant, it's almost 4am, maybe I'm missing something, but as a Primaris player I feel cheated . . . a little.

It doesn't really come into play unfortunately. VOTLW and other unique faction abilities are much better.

Primaris Astartes suffer horribly from lack of strats, relics, useful psychic powers, powerful chapter traits that impact vehicles and an underwhelming set of unique rules.

Bolter discipline was nice but chaos Astartes also got it so comparatively the loyalists are still weaker.

Let's hope the new codex arrives soon and has sweeping changes and updates.

I kind of get the idea the designers of 8th saw morale working very differently and having a much bigger impact in 8th than it has which would’ve made ATSKNF a bit more useful.

However they then Proceeded to give every army that should be affected by morale immunity to it and left elite ones to feel its effects. They then also gave everyone enough firepower to simply delete entire units so nobody had to take morale tests anyway.

It’s not so much that ATSKNF is a bad rule, it’s that morale and leadership are irrelevant this edition.

Edited by MARK0SIAN

It's been nice to have when needed. which was already rare enough to happen, but yeah the more elite primaris units just exagerate the already existing problems of that rule, which are the already good LD, better resilience per model than other infantry and small unit sizes.

Edited by sfPanzer

It already comes into play with 5 man units as the opponent has to kill 3 models and you have to roll a 6 to fail the moral check without any LD modifier. Just way more rarely.

It's even dumber for Dark Angels. At most you might only lose one model from a failed morale roll for a 10 man squad. And we get to.... just lose that one guy? Woopdedo.