61st Daltarn Forge Guards

Ldorte

I had a topic on here but unfortunately i missed the boat on saving old topics in the purge so this will be a bit of an image dump of older stuff to begin with.

This is a force i have been building up for a very long time, here is a shot of most of the army, although i have acquired a few new bits of pieces since this was taken.

gallery_43177_12299_982289.jpg

gallery_43177_12299_29390.jpg

gallery_43177_12299_41736.jpg

gallery_43177_12299_1521359.jpg

And for good measure a couple of pics of the gaming table that i built for use as their home turf.

gallery_43177_15583_494935.jpg

gallery_43177_15583_155401.jpg

Edited by Ldorte

Great stuff, and a very nice table to boot :thumbsup:  Nice colours!!

Can we ask for some close ups of the Knight please :smile.:  and the Valkyrie too please.. while i'm at it :tongue.:

Cheers, Mithril

Thanks guys, and I can certainly give you a close up of the Valkyrie, however the Knight is mid-way through repainting for use in conjunction with a Salamanders successor chapter that I have started.

Very nice. Are those weathering powders on the baneblade?

Thanks, no weathering powders used on the models pictured, just some drybrushing and some Humbrol Rust Wash (although i have done a bit more to one of the baneblades and rusted up the tracks with some ryza rust and typhus corrosion). 

Couple more pics.

The requested Valkyrie pic, unfortunately I got rid of the mouth iconography on it as i had plans to replace it with something more interesting but never got around to it.

gallery_43177_12299_1360702.jpg

One of the new additions, a Colossus Bombard. Enjoyed building and painting this model and it has been fairly successful on the tabletop as well.

gallery_43177_12299_1558579.jpg

Good stuff, thanks for the new pics, the Valkyrie looks great, very weatherbeaten! And I like the Kill markings on “Ogre” are they from games played ??!

Your weathering effects are nice ,I also use ryza rust and typhus corrosion too, sometimes I water down lord solar macharius (jokero orange?) as a rust panel line wash.

Anyway thanks again for posting the extras!

Cheers, Mithril

Yeah, Ogre kicks ass!

The whole armoured company is nicely done.

Are Bombards any good in game? I’m yet to buy the Imperial Armour Index.

Thanks guys.

As regards the bombard, it is pretty reasonable as it has an insane range and it ignores cover but it is only good against infantry due to only having a strength of 6. I think if you're after efficiency then you'll want a basilisk but if you want something reasonably effective that is a bit different then I would certainly recommend one. I basically use it as a pumped up Wyvern for anti-heavy infantry.

One of the new additions, a Colossus Bombard. Enjoyed building and painting this model and it has been fairly successful on the tabletop as well.

gallery_43177_12299_1558579.jpg

:O

It's so big!

Can't believe it's only S6 like an over glorified Nova Cannon and we all know how popular that tank is <_<

Need moar pics! What else you working on? :D

:ohmy.:

It's so big!

Can't believe it's only S6 like an over glorified Nova Cannon and we all know how popular that tank is :dry.:

Need moar pics! What else you working on? :biggrin.:

Currently on the started but not finished pile is a Punisher Tank Commander/Pask and a Griffon Mortar Carrier.

On the not even started pile are 3 sentinels, a couple of OOP Arbites Commanders from Necromunda to represent company commanders and some bullgryns.

There will be plenty of updates to come!

Edited by Ldorte

The Baneblade "Indomitable". I did the original paint job for this baneblade for "Big Guns Never Tire" on this forum a while back and recently took this to a doubles tournament at Warhammer World. Before we went to the tournament I went back over this model and added some extra detail and touched up some details i missed, I also added the demise of a very unfortunate crew member.

This is probably my favourite paintjob in my army.

pYoFlIo.png

71bukmh.png

YdHATrQ.jpg

Edited by Ldorte