Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Summoning any good?

Daemons Khorne Chaos

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 991 posts

Right, so. I've got a metal Daemon Prince on the way, and I'm looking at getting some Bloodletters so I can use him with something thematic, rather than just the spare Cultists I have lying around. When I actually have an army finished for him, I'm wondering... would it be at all feasible to summon in those Bloodletters?

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_6252.pnggallery_48988_15808_10055.png

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,275 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Bloodletters are probably the worst thing to summon because they can't use the khorne banner stratagem to get the 3d6" charge if they aren't in your army list.

• Zephaniah Adriyen likes this

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,377 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Imo summoning is still not worth it except for some very few niche situations. This thread might be an interesting read for you: http://www.bolterand...h-another-look/

That being said a Daemon Prince with a bunch of Cultists is not less thematic than with a bunch of actual Daemons. It's an ascended mortal after all and the Cultists could be his devoted followers/slaves/whatever.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 991 posts

The Daemon Prince is specifically the former Captain of a Space Marine Company; he'd probably have either daemons or Space Marines for honor guard. Still, you're not wrong.

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_6252.pnggallery_48988_15808_10055.png

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

tychobi

tychobi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 365 posts
Better to "deep strike" em. Summon is annoyingly chancy.

Look up "Bloodletter Bomb" for details.

Edited by tychobi, 13 June 2019 - 12:47 AM.

Kill Maim Destroy

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Daemons, Khorne, Chaos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users