Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Question about attending a GW Tourney

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Toomanyprojects

Toomanyprojects

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 466 posts
Hey guys,

Am thinking about attending my first GW tourney at warhammer world this year. However I do have a bit of a dilemma and GW themselves aren’t being desperately helpful in sorting it out.

Am going to take my Deathwatch, and because I was bored of the same shoulder pads over and over again, I used some 3D printed shoulder pads on them. Will GW let this slide and allow the army to be used? I’m not shooting for best painted army anyway so I’d happily take being disqualified/not eligible for that, but I’d like to be able to play with them. Nothing unusual or obscene, in fact almost all are GW chapters who currently don’t have moulded shoulder pads.

Tried emailing and calling the events team, but no response, which isn’t terribly helpful as I don’t want to spend £65 on a ticket, lord knows how much on a hotel and find out I’m not allowed through the door :)

Thanks guys,
Toomanyprojects

Edited by Toomanyprojects, 12 June 2019 - 08:39 PM.

++++ The Rusted - Nurgle Marines & Chaos Workbench ++++

++++ The Coalition - Imperial Army Workbench ++++

I made it, so I get to do anything I like with it yes.gif

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,201 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Do you have any picture examples? Most people aren't going to bend down and get a good look at your model I should think, being a tournament and not a painting competition.

Technically it's a no-no, but depending how obvious we're talking you might get away with it.

Toomanyprojects

Toomanyprojects

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 466 posts
There are some (admittedly) kind of unclear piccies in my workbench. Literally the only non GW parts are about fifteen or so shoulder pads scattered throughout the various groups. Just off the top of my head there are six hellblasters, couple of intercessors, five vets and a primaris apothecary.

Toomanyprojects

Toomanyprojects

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 466 posts
Finally managed to get through to someone on the phone and it is all fine - regrettably it’s now a moot point because the event is totally sold out...

Ldorte

Ldorte

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 254 posts

The event pack I received for 40k doubles earlier in the year mentioned that any third part bits on models were not allowed to be on the table, even bases (although confusingly if you booked a table to play on a normal day third party bases are allowed....).

Now as Lord Marshal said it is unlikely anyone would actually notice unless they are blindingly obvious as being different, you would have to avoid any of the painting competitions held at the tournaments as well.

I am pretty sure all 3 times i have been to the doubles tournament there have been a few models that I have seen that have snuck in with bits not produced by GW, and despite GW staff roaming the hall whilst people play I have never personally seen anyone pulled up for it.

I would avoid taking them unless it is really not obvious, even if they are found out you might get away with a slap on the wrist and a "don't bring them again".

EjjRGyF.jpg   RCxFSAl.png   gallery_29004_6198_5690.pnggallery_30308_9518_1964.pnggallery_30308_9518_7224.pnggallery_30308_9518_813.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Culverin Models - - 28mm Scenery for 40k - - website - - ebay -- kickstarter

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users