Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Blood Ravens IA July

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
242 replies to this topic

LordValrak

LordValrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,588 posts

I was wrong, it is indeed not a fake:

7dhL3nX.jpg

Edit: Better image

XihssJQ.jpg

Edited by LordValrak, 15 June 2019 - 02:22 PM.

• templargdt, N1SB, Bryan Blaire and 4 others like this

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Imperial Fists Army  happy.png

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,805 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens
Well, then. I'm a little nervous and a little excited to see what gets covered!
Active Projects: The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Adeptus Titanicis: Legio Metalica - a slow-grow plog of tiny titans and tinier knights.
Finished Projects: Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Getting the "Third Army" on the battlefield

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

Ezr91aeL

Ezr91aeL

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 388 posts
  • Faction: Custodes

Spend 2 cps to steal your opponents relic before the battle

And if you steal a third one you can steal all his CPs
  • templargdt, bolvar, N1SB and 2 others like this

XE7g3TN.jpg2NgmmVH.jpgYlmK7vQ.jpg

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,122 posts
Not a fan.
Not gonna even mention BT,(cause they will be in the codex) but really BR?
How about any of the badab chapters? A dozen more second founding? A few of the new Primaris chapters?
  • Trevak Dal, Zebulon, autek mor and 2 others like this

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 401 posts
Now that its confirmed legit, this is pretty cool and a good idea, as others mentioned it will be good for getting people to crossover from the computer games into physical 40k. Plus they can have a bit of fun with this

And if we get 2.0 Marine codex in a few months that covers a lot of other chapters
  • Black Blow Fly, ThatOneMarshal and Oxydo like this

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,481 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

Not a fan.
How about any of the badab chapters? A dozen more second founding? A few of the new Primaris chapters?

There isn’t really any reason why they would deserve it over these guys though, other than personal preference. I’d like to see the Badab chapters, but the Blood Ravens are just as much part of the canon as they are, and having them now doesn’t mean we won’t ever get those other options.
  • Shinespider, Oxydo and Subtleknife like this

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,979 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE
I think it’s very exciting... well done GW.
  • Essexkiwi and Dark Shepherd like this
The world would be a better place if people stopped complaining about Primaris Space Marines.
=][=
my 40k blog:https://greenblowfly.../alan-seds.html - Terminus Est - Space Marines 247=][=
wc.jpg
Blood and Honor!
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Mary_Sue Mary Sue and Plot Armor are terms used by losers

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,122 posts

Not a fan.

There isn’t really any reason why they would deserve it over these guys though, other than personal preference. I’d like to see the Badab chapters, but the Blood Ravens are just as much part of the canon as they are, and having them now doesn’t mean we won’t ever get those other options.
True, true, it's just a matter of preference really. Would prefer anything else to blood ravens at the moment. Just that. Still it will be interesting for DiY chapter (if they go loyalist TS route with the CT)
  • dogfender and Shadow Captain Vyper like this

Trench

Trench

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 99 posts
  • Faction: Tyranids

Looking forward to reading the content on the Blood Ravens, as I have never played any of the video games so don't know much about them as a chapter. 

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,200 posts
  • Faction: Slaanesh Daemons

lJQLDql.jpg

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,569 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion
They have no records of their primary and have a higher number psykers (at least in theory). In the games they function like any other chapter, with a versatility of all weapons shown in the second game. So I guess their defining features very large stockpile of relics and other equipment and how their chapter master used to also be the chief librarian as well.

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,861 posts

this is for real. i got contacted earlier in the year to answer a couple dangling questions that eluded robbie

I am excited to read the article! i miss writing for the blood ravens terribly.

Edited by Wispy, 15 June 2019 - 09:10 PM.

• Brother Casman, RikuEru, Charlo and 2 others like this

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,821 posts
  • Faction: None - I'm a fluff nerd.
Count me excited. I'm one of those, who got into 40K thanks to DoW.

Seeing the Ravens getting some official love ist a good thing, imo.

Curious if they'll confirm or negate certain theories.
  • RikuEru and Chaoself like this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Brotherhood of the Lost - The Icarion Insurrection: http://www.bolterand...od-of-the-lost/

This is my mod voice. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My mod voice is a means to an end.

Let us avoid it, alright?

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,693 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
Blood Ravens are one of those chapters with an amazing and simple color scheme but impossible to free hand Chapter symbol. Here’s to hoping for a mini-transfer sheet.
  • Wispy and Shinespider like this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Yvonmukluk

Yvonmukluk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts
  • Faction: Celestial Lions

I'm really excited to see this, since I'm one of those who really got into 40k through DoW.

dogfender

dogfender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,993 posts
  • Faction: Relictors

Well, the blood ravens had rules in the 4th ed codex alongside the raven guard, salamanders and imperial fists. That gives them a more official basis than a lot of other chapters out there.
And the whole thing of blood ravens stealing artifacts is...pretty much a meme. It's a handwavy way to have tons of relic equipment in dow2 while having an explanation that pays lip service to the fluff. Relictors use the weapons of the enemy against them. Two very different premises.

I don’t recall these rules.
I don’t see it as being that different. Both make use of unusually large numbers of librarians, both hunt for relics. One just tosses them in a vault. The other would steal from their own friends if given the chance lol.I can guarantee that if they include one piece of wargear it’s meant to be used in games, which’s makes them more like the Relictors

What does this even mean? :huh:

Just because you don't recall the rules doesn't mean they didn't exist. Relictors have gotten tiny mentions throughout the lore so I can't imagine them getting anything before, let alone at all, other more prominent chapters that GW/FW have taken a shine to - Red Scoprions, Minotaurs, Spears of the Emperor, Black Templars! just to name a few.
Relictors played a role in the past eye of terror campaign. They were featured in several original WD articles. The articles paved the way for the mini dex we get now. They got loads of special wargear, scenarios and started allies by getting their own directly linked to them. Which also included special henchmen for the radical inquisitors.

They have been around, and given special treatment long before others. All they needed to do was reprint one of the several articles.

Edited by dogfender, 15 June 2019 - 11:33 PM.

ERJAK

ERJAK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,146 posts
Good, finally a space marine chapter people have ACTUALLY HEARD OF instead of these ridiculous nobody chapters I'm 90% sure are just OCs people forgot they made up.
  • Hollenweger and Beams like this

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,693 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

Good, finally a space marine chapter people have ACTUALLY HEARD OF instead of these ridiculous nobody chapters I'm 90% sure are just OCs people forgot they made up.

That’s a weird way to describe the Crimson Fists which were on the cover of the Rogue Trader rulebook. Given they are the only chapter to actually get one of these.
  • RWJP, RedFox, Gederas and 5 others like this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,569 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion

Well, the blood ravens had rules in the 4th ed codex alongside the raven guard, salamanders and imperial fists. That gives them a more official basis than a lot of other chapters out there.
And the whole thing of blood ravens stealing artifacts is...pretty much a meme. It's a handwavy way to have tons of relic equipment in dow2 while having an explanation that pays lip service to the fluff. Relictors use the weapons of the enemy against them. Two very different premises.

I don’t recall these rules.
I don’t see it as being that different. Both make use of unusually large numbers of librarians, both hunt for relics. One just tosses them in a vault. The other would steal from their own friends if given the chance lol.I can guarantee that if they include one piece of wargear it’s meant to be used in games, which’s makes them more like the Relictors

What does this even mean? :huh:

Just because you don't recall the rules doesn't mean they didn't exist. Relictors have gotten tiny mentions throughout the lore so I can't imagine them getting anything before, let alone at all, other more prominent chapters that GW/FW have taken a shine to - Red Scoprions, Minotaurs, Spears of the Emperor, Black Templars! just to name a few.
Relictors played a role in the past eye of terror campaign. They were featured in several original WD articles. The articles paved the way for the mini dex we get now. They got loads of special wargear, scenarios and started allies by getting their own directly linked to them. Which also included special henchmen for the radical inquisitors.

They have been around, and given special treatment long before others. All they needed to do was reprint one of the several articles.

So you're saying that other chapters should have the same opportunity as one that's already had white dwarf rules?

Darnok

Darnok

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 762 posts
  • Faction: CSM, Daemons

Relictors played a role in the past eye of terror campaign. They were featured in several original WD articles.

Both is true for many other chapters. Almost none of them ever got more attention.

The articles paved the way for the mini dex we get now.

You believing so doesn't make it fact.

They got loads of special wargear, scenarios and started allies by getting their own directly linked to them.

What are you even talking about? They never got wargear or scenarios different from other codex chapters. I have no clue what you are trying to say in the bolded part.

Which also included special henchmen for the radical inquisitors.

Not for 40K.

They have been around, and given special treatment long before others.

No idea what you are on about here, they most certainly have not been given any "special treatment", especially not "long before others".

All they needed to do was reprint one of the several articles.

Some direct comments in red above.

To me it seems like you are stuck with some headcanon and fanboy-ism. Nothing inherently wrong with it, just don't pretend it being fact. Or that it means anything for somebody other than you.

Other than that: bring on the Blood Ravens IA article! I'm looking forward what it will give us. I seriously doubt any new models, but a transfer sheet is a realistic assumption. GW has done transfers for way more obscure chapters in the past.

• Hellebras and Biscuittzz like this

chapter master 454

chapter master 454

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,826 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Justice

Stratagem: A fine addition to our collection

You may chose to use one relic from any chapter or if your opponent has any, you may steal their relic and use it as your own...don't ask how we use the camo skin from tyranids, not even the alpha legion nor tzeentch knows how we got it!

I Chapter Master 454, Chapter Master of the Angels of Justice, Warboss of WAAAGH Gubskul, Commander of a Catachan Regiment, Phaeron of a Tomb World, Shas'O to a Cadre and Princeps of a lance of House Taranis hereby pledge that I will not take up any further models til all other prior have been fully built and painted to tabletop standards. There is no time limit for this task, there is no deadline. My oath is to solemnly complete the armies I have now, to see it that they can have their glory. Paint will be stripped from the old in need, thick may it be like ceramite I will see it removed so that plastic and metal alike may see light of new paint. Models yet to be, boxed and in darkness will be assembled with due care and attention. For this task I am permitted to still buy the supplies needed to do my task but not one model more.

http://www.bolterand...one-model-more/ the thread to my oath. My own reminder.

http://www.bolterand...rk-in-progress/ my own chapter
"The objective of playing a game is to win. The point of playing a game is to have fun. Never confuse the two"

newdigitalGK

newdigitalGK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 113 posts

I swear if Blood Ravens out psyker GK's on the table top like 1K Sons the nerd rage will be real...

Edited by newdigitalGK, 16 June 2019 - 02:37 AM.

• Lord Raven 19 likes this

coldfyre

coldfyre

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 508 posts
I love how upset some people are getting over which chapter is featured. If you use a homebrew chapter (which in canon is like 97% of chapters beyond names), it just means you get more stuff to pick and choose from, so its all gravy!
  • Black Blow Fly, Darnok, Bryan Blaire and 2 others like this

ETL_VI_Banner_02_Oathbraker_.jpg

helterskelter

helterskelter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,485 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords Legion
Its not like the Iron Snakes or the Soul Drinkers will get rules, best just to enjoy the freebies we do get, plus Gabriel Angelos has a figure so there's a thing
  • Segismundo likes this
gallery_48988_10980_7442.png

My referal code for eternal crusade:EC-MHXKY9RLYIIEH

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,236 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
Pretty cool to be honest. I'm interested to see what this turns out like. I did a small blood ravens force in the past and loved the dawn of war games.

Edited by Blindhamster, 16 June 2019 - 09:18 AM.

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users