9th Necrofirmma Strike Regiment

While the planet of Pacificae collapsed into civil wars, crime, and death, the planet of Necrofirmma stood tall. It was a Hive World that starved of a resource drop from other planets, but it's status as a good place to start a Guard regiment gave it a good standing with the Imperium. But, twelve days before it's shipment of resources arrived, the Inquisition arrived. As they searched the system for heresy or Xenos, they found out that Necrofirmma also contained scouting Tau, a couple Genestealer cults, and quite a few chaos cults. Most had come from Pacificae, and the rest sparked after.

The Inquisition, this time, merely had more Arbites sent to the planet to deal with the cults. Where Pacificae was collapsed on all levels, Necrofirmma was doing fine, besides the resource shortage.

On the day of the arrival, it wasn't food or water that came; it was Orks. Some had hijacked the shipment, and tore down local defenses. With all the killing between desperate people, Arbites, and Orks, no one was really sure of the head count. For three years at least the killing was organized; an attempt to have the desperate gangs rise up and help fight the Orks alongside the Arbites and PDF. But, in the end of the third year, the resources finally became too little to ration for a whole Hive World.

So inner war broke out again, and the Orks met no organized resistance when they recovered. When the next shipment arrived, it was too late; the planet had become a wasteland, not by the Inquisition, but because of the people.

After five hundred years of bloodshed, destruction, and scavenging, the world was a barren husk filled with wanderers, war bands, speed freakz, and road warriors. The glorious remains of the toppled Hive Cities were constantly fought over, being defendable positions. Many wondrous stories are told about during this period in time, ranging from a large Titan converted into a mobile pseudo-Hive City, a small amount of Magi and Enginseers stranded on the planet formed a secret here-tek cult underneath the surface, and a bold group of individuals who gathered old war equipment from the ruined PDF and Guard strongholds and forged a new empire out of the (twisted, bad records) ideas and symbols of the Ultramarines.

But from ruin came rebirth. When the nearby Forge World and Space Marine Chapter went on a crusade to save their system from falling further into post-apocalyptic madness, they rediscovered Necrofirrma. Where they expected peace and a successful Hive World, they were met with the same sight; a dead, barren world with scavengers, survivors, and an Ork infestation, which was new.

After reclaiming the planet, the survivors were tasked with rebuilding the Hive cities. While most agreed, some missed the old life, raiding camps, pillaging loot, fire and blood. The warriors were chaotic at first, attempting to (and nearly doing so) break the small amount of peace established. After a deal was made between the Fabricator-General and the leading Scavenger King, the warrior bands were converted into the ninth ever Necrofirrma Strike Regiment. With new recruits only accepted from those who remain in the untamed wastes, the Strike Regiment has gained an infamous reputation, with looting, pillaging, and extreme pain tolerance as their claim to fame. The Fabricator-General (and most people agree) has described them as 'an Emperor-worshipping Chaos Cult.'

They only use Autoguns and Stubguns, and rarely do they use anything else; it's what they were used to. The Strike Regiment doesn't use too many vehicles either; the only vehicles they use are makeshift cars out of the scrap and spoils of wasteland battles. Their Enginseers are crazily fanatical towards the Machine God, often calling drivers of these vehicles 'Wheel Angels'.

Overall, their post-apocalyptic experience has trained them well for battle in the Far Future.

This shows good imagination. Your worldbuilding skills are improving.

The Fabricator-General (and most people agree) has described them as 'an Emperor-worshipping Chaos Cult.'

Chaos is the Archenemy, never to be tolerated. A better description- one less likely to make an Inquisitor order the planet subjected to Exterminatus out of reflex- is "Emperor-worshipping Man-Orks." (Radical Inquisitors WILL hire Orks as muscle against other enemies, paying the xenos with weapons they know will eventually be used against the Imperium, with the justification "We can deal with the Orks later; we cannot afford any delay in dealing with the [other enemies].")

They only use Autoguns and Stubguns, and rarely do they use anything else; it's what they were used to.

I think lasguns will still be used, because of the advantages of minimal maintenance required, ease of "reloading" (lasgun batteries have integral solar panels, and can be recharged in a fire in emergencies), and sheer availability (the Munitorum orders billions EACH YEAR, and there should be plenty of discarded lasguns for the Strike Regiments to find on any planet they're on).

The Strike Regiment doesn't use too many vehicles either; the only vehicles they use are makeshift cars out of the scrap and spoils of wasteland battles.

Sheer need will force the Regiment to acquire lots of vehicles, at least as transports. Walking will be too slow, allowing enemies to summon reinforcements, strengthen their defenses, or simply flee and not be there for the Strike Regiments to find and fight. The Strike Regiments may resort to looting civilian (or even their allies') vehicles, maybe even reverse-engineering Ork technology to build their own trukks, but they must make do.

This shows good imagination. Your worldbuilding skills are improving.

The Fabricator-General (and most people agree) has described them as 'an Emperor-worshipping Chaos Cult.'

Chaos is the Archenemy, never to be tolerated. A better description- one less likely to make an Inquisitor order the planet subjected to Exterminatus out of reflex- is "Emperor-worshipping Man-Orks." (Radical Inquisitors WILL hire Orks as muscle against other enemies, paying the xenos with weapons they know will eventually be used against the Imperium, with the justification "We can deal with the Orks later; we cannot afford any delay in dealing with the [other enemies].")

They only use Autoguns and Stubguns, and rarely do they use anything else; it's what they were used to.

I think lasguns will still be used, because of the advantages of minimal maintenance required, ease of "reloading" (lasgun batteries have integral solar panels, and can be recharged in a fire in emergencies), and sheer availability (the Munitorum orders billions EACH YEAR, and there should be plenty of discarded lasguns for the Strike Regiments to find on any planet they're on).

The Strike Regiment doesn't use too many vehicles either; the only vehicles they use are makeshift cars out of the scrap and spoils of wasteland battles.

Sheer need will force the Regiment to acquire lots of vehicles, at least as transports. Walking will be too slow, allowing enemies to summon reinforcements, strengthen their defenses, or simply flee and not be there for the Strike Regiments to find and fight. The Strike Regiments may resort to looting civilian (or even their allies') vehicles, maybe even reverse-engineering Ork technology to build their own trukks, but they must make do.
1. Okay, that makes more sense. I just wanted to get through that they're bat**** crazy. Like, 'I will ride the Holy Road, and when I die, the Emperor shall carry me to the Golden Place! the Golden Place!' crazy.

2. Yeah. I guess they only prefer them. After all, they shouldn't be picky when it comes to loot, considering their former circumstances.

3. They'd definitely make Ork-style Trukks before they requisition any Chimeras. Oh, and 'may resort' makes it sound like they wouldn't want to. ;)

I just wanted to get through that they're bat**** crazy. Like, 'I will ride the Holy Road, and when I die, the Emperor shall carry me to the Golden Place! the Golden Place!' crazy.

Great lines. I also like Mad Max, and still harbor plans for a crossover fanfic in which the VIII Primarch (Konrad Curze) lands on the planet "Oz" and is adopted by the Rockatansky family, growing up to join the Main Force Patrol and starting his own family before Orks invaded and the planetary government resorted to nuking Oz's surface to exterminate the xenos, resulting in the anarchy seen in the sequels. (The Buzzards seen in Fury Road? They're the descendants of those the Orks enslaved, adopting much of their former masters' culture in the Final War's aftermath.)

I just wanted to get through that they're bat**** crazy. Like, 'I will ride the Holy Road, and when I die, the Emperor shall carry me to the Golden Place! the Golden Place!' crazy.

Great lines. I also like Mad Max, and still harbor plans for a crossover fanfic in which the VIII Primarch (Konrad Curze) lands on the planet "Oz" and is adopted by the Rockatansky family, growing up to join the Main Force Patrol and starting his own family before Orks invaded and the planetary government resorted to nuking Oz's surface to exterminate the xenos, resulting in the anarchy seen in the sequels. (The Buzzards seen in Fury Road? They're the descendants of those the Orks enslaved, adopting much of their former masters' culture in the Final War's aftermath.)

Sounds good, I'd like to read it when you get to writing it.

Legends of Necrofirrma:

1.The Titan which carries a city. While thought to be just a myth nowadays, seeing how the rebuilding efforts haven't found said Titan yet, the Titan which carries a city was supposedly a large Titan, an Imperator Class. It was stationed there out of coincidence when the Collapse hit. People ran to the Titan, seeking shelter. They promised to help maintain the beast, and enough Cult Mechanicus worshipers were found in the Hive Cities to convince the Titan. The Titan agreed, lending these people his chassis and aid. As time went on, the Titan was cramped. Too many people, too little space. The Titan groaned about this constantly, and finally the people found it too much to bear. They agreed to use the scrapped materials they found constantly and built a city on top of the Titan. The Titan was constantly on guard when it came to attackers and raiders, it's Apocalypse Missile Launchers and Heavy Autocannons were great motivators to not attack them.

This Titan has not been found yet, but records do say a Titan was stationed nearby around that time...

2. The lost Astartes. The lost Astartes' myth started when a rambling man got back to his scavenger party. He said things about a lone Astartes, clad in Mark II, walked around the wastes with an Adeptus Mechanicus Magos. From what he could hear, they were talking about 'the nearby heretics'. He followed them, as he was a scout for the group and curious about the intentions of these soldiers of the Imperium. They continued to talk about 'the nearby cult', and 'the Emperor's will'. They then arrived at an old building, dedicated to gambling. The Astartes and Magos walked in, and so did the Scout.

From there, the Scout went mad, the group thought he was lost. The next day, they asked him again about the experience and he stopped at the very same place. When they waited a week and asked again, he merely said 'Church. Death. No peace," and continued with his day.

When the Imperial forces arrived and began hunting down these myths, they stumbled across an old Ecclesiarchy establishment. When they entered the place, they found a damaged Mark II helmet and Boltgun.

3. The Below Men. The Below Men was an actually proven myth. It all started when a traveling war party drive across the road to the old Manufactorum. Hoping to find factory fresh weapons and armor, they entered the Manufactorum. They did not find anything at all, including the machines used to produce said weapons and armor. After a bit of scavenging and lurking, the found an entrance to an old, underground facility. While it was old, it didn't seem pre-Collapse, suggesting the early survivors built it. When they entered, they found a twisted, heretical cult formed around twisted versions of the Cult Mechanicus. Terrible machinery, seemingly fit for the Ruinous Powers, all while they sung the chants of the Cult Mechanicus. The War Party was torn, however. Some ran away to this distorted cult and the rest ran from the place screaming.

When the rebuilding efforts began and people hunted down the myths, they found the old Manufactorum and entered the distorted Cult's establishment. They found the exact same thing the war party did, but surprisingly, heavy resistance was found and a firefight ensued. Only by bringing in the Fabricator General from the Bombi Nuclearis Forge World did they cease, and the Fabricator General helped them become a proper sept of the Cult Mechanicus.

4. The Eternal Warlord. The Eternal Warlord was an old myth in a state of mystery. No evidence of such a Warlord exists but no evidence states he didn't. The Eternal Warlord is the tale of a great champion had risen from an initiate to leader of a small war group who controlled a power generation establishment. In a matter of months they had disappeared, leaving a massive power gap which the various war parties fought to control. When a group or party managed to claim the place, a person rose from initiate to leader and the group disappeared. The cycle repeated itself and many warned the Imperial forces not to go there, lest all of Humanity disappear. Once a squad of Guardsmen took the place, a new recruit became their sergeant and they all just...disappeared.

5. The Artificer Shotgun. The Artificer Shotgun is a real, albeit exaggerated, weapon. It was a double barrel that was supposedly able to befall traitor Astartes and Genestealers in a single shot. It was only used by heroic wastelanders who saved countless lives. When a brash Inquisitor went hunting for the relic, claiming to need such an awe-inspiring weapon, he was unable to find it. In his search he became vile and cold hearted, treating the kinder wastelanders like dirt and the brash and the chaotic 9th Necrofirmma Strike Regiment like Orks. When he found it, it was pointed at his face by the leader of the regiment in an effort to save the small child protecting the weapon after his father Max was killed while he was it's wielder.

The "Legends of Necrofirrma" are good demonstrations of your imagination, and excellent flavor text for your IA. The following, however, may need refining.

The Eternal Warlord is the tale of a great champion had risen from an initiate to leader of a small war group who controlled a power generation establishment. In a matter of months they had disappeared, leaving a massive power gap which the various war parties fought to control.

As anyone can become an "Eternal Warlord," only for him and his army to just disappear, I think the legend should focus on the place where the conflict and subsequent disappearance occurred- say "Last Battlefield" or "Lost Tomb of the Eternal Warlord," where the spirits haunting the place will curse any intruders to take on a role and perform the play these spirits once took on and performed in life.

The "Legends of Necrofirrma" are good demonstrations of your imagination, and excellent flavor text for your IA. The following, however, may need refining.

The Eternal Warlord is the tale of a great champion had risen from an initiate to leader of a small war group who controlled a power generation establishment. In a matter of months they had disappeared, leaving a massive power gap which the various war parties fought to control.

As anyone can become an "Eternal Warlord," only for him and his army to just disappear, I think the legend should focus on the place where the conflict and subsequent disappearance occurred- say "Last Battlefield" or "Lost Tomb of the Eternal Warlord," where the spirits haunting the place will curse any intruders to take on a role and perform the play these spirits once took on and performed in life.

I see. Well, I'll make the revision and we'll see what it looks like.

Lost Tomb of the Eternal Warlord. The Lost Tomb is an odd myth, discussing a large Power Generation facility. While the wars bands and cults and scavenger tribes fought over it, a large Techno-Barbarian Kingdom claimed the place and managed to secure it. Then, after a month, the entire kingdom...disappeared. It's buildings and vehicles look untouched by internal fighting, they wre just...gone. This development caused a massive power struggle over the territory. Once a small scavenger tribe claimed it, and, in a single Terran month, they were gone. When the Imperial Guard arrived to reclaim the area, the locals all begged them not to go, believing if they claim the facility the Imperium will disappear. When they did, all squads in the area disappeared in one Terran month.

Healthy dose of good mystery there. What you have so far I'd say is worth consolidating into your original post for accessibility. Have you developed any visuals to accompany the regiment yet?

Visuals? Like, drawings and such? No, I'm not much of an artist on both paper and computer. The closest thing I have to visuals is a couple edits in the Dawn of War Army Painter ;)

Not necessarily drawings, but do you have an idea of what they use for their emblem, or other symbols? I'm not good artistically for much more than Army Painter edits, myself, but if you have some, even just to show off their colors, the Liber would be interested to see them!

Not necessarily drawings, but do you have an idea of what they use for their emblem, or other symbols? I'm not good artistically for much more than Army Painter edits, myself, but if you have some, even just to show off their colors, the Liber would be interested to see them!

I'll see what I can do, and hey, I'd need to buy some paints, but I'm sure I could make some Necrofirmma Guard out of a Conscripts pack or something. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Good work Brother Bruce:thumbsup: I'm a sucker for a good post-apocalypse story, and this is definitely a good one.

Very good world building thus far, but I would like to see more on the Regiment.... you know structure, chain-of-command, all that good blah blah blah stuff:wink:

Lost Tomb of the Eternal Warlord. The Lost Tomb is an odd myth, discussing a large Power Generation facility. While the wars bands and cults and scavenger tribes fought over it, a large Techno-Barbarian Kingdom claimed the place and managed to secure it. Then, after a month, the entire kingdom...disappeared. It's buildings and vehicles look untouched by internal fighting, they wre just...gone. This development caused a massive power struggle over the territory. Once a small scavenger tribe claimed it, and, in a single Terran month, they were gone. When the Imperial Guard arrived to reclaim the area, the locals all begged them not to go, believing if they claim the facility the Imperium will disappear. When they did, all squads in the area disappeared in one Terran month.

….. and a mystery too..... very cool:cool.: Could this be Necron shenanigans?

Good work Brother Bruce:tu: I'm a sucker for a good post-apocalypse story, and this is definitely a good one.

Very good world building thus far, but I would like to see more on the Regiment.... you know structure, chain-of-command, all that good blah blah blah stuff;)

….. and a mystery too..... very coolB) Could this be Necron shenanigans?

Ah, thank you for sharing your thoughts, Brother Lunkhead. I'll add that stuff soon, and I'd like to keep it a mystery. You can have your own idea of what's causing it, but I wouldn't want to outright say what it is.