Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Apocalypse pre-order Saturday 29th June

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
496 replies to this topic

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,961 posts
Why is the tide wall so high off the ground in the back? Can they fly now?
banana

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Why is the tide wall so high off the ground in the back? Can they fly now?

Because it looks cool. They didn't get any new rules.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that Shield Drones actually don't stack and this is just a mistake on the part of the person behind the article.

The Commander's profile simply says that they improve their save "If this unit has a Shield Drone" rather than saying +1 for each Shield Drone or something to that effect, and Shadowsun's profile only allows her to buy multiple Shield Drones and those Shield Drones collectively improve her save by 1. Seems likely to be a bad reading to me.

I'm more or less expecting that as well. However if not ... should I go for a Sv3+ Commander or for a Sv4+ Commander that automatically heals a blast marker per turn? :D

• Triszin likes this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

jbaeza94

jbaeza94

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,401 posts
So preorders are up.

I noticed da,sw, and ba don't have data sheets. Theyre not lumped into the space marine set either.

Another thing, maybe one of you guys has insight, whats in the field manual, anyone know?

"Honor the Legion" - Warcry and Motto of the Legion of the Iron Lions.
k0EYErV.pnggallery_26154_15777_7413.png

MistaGav

MistaGav

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 377 posts
They should have their own section in the fewe datasheets page, I managed to see them there.

Ahh man theres a bug bundle of AM Leman Russ tanks. Just when I'm thinking of getting some they go and do that! Shame it doesn't save money plus I want other tanks instead. I really only want 1 repulsor and the Funko Pop guy.

Darnok

Darnok

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 774 posts
  • Faction: CSM, Daemons

My FLGS has the boxes at 15% off - I could not resist. One huge wave of CSM is heading my way now...

Phubar

Phubar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 237 posts

Another thing, maybe one of you guys has insight, whats in the field manual, anyone know?

In the Apoc site there is a section of "What its in the box" that talks also of what you can find in the manual.

jbaeza94

jbaeza94

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,401 posts

In the Apoc site there is a section of "What its in the box" that talks also of what you can find in the manual.
Thanks!

Brother-serpent Tylydox

Brother-serpent Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 931 posts

There is a free new Warhammer design pin with every order and a free coin for first 2500 customers who orders 330£ or more in products.

PROMO-2.jpg

PROMO-1.jpg

Sign my petition about Collaboration between Games Workshop and Hasbro to create My Little Pony in WH40K Universe

: https://www.ipetitio...p-and-hasbro-to

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,642 posts

"Free" ...has to order £300 worth of stuff

Zeller

Zeller

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,158 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

I opened the GW site to see the apoc stuff. $100 for a single repulsor tank. One. Hundred. Dollars. *insert Joker laugh*

• mel_danes likes this

Personally, I'd say it makes a lot more sense to keep putting them on the right. Anyone who questions your decision is a Communist.

QUOTE (Ashdown @ Aug 17 2010, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can play vanilla marines, however, it is a heavy burden to wield such shame.

gallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,961 posts
I was tempted by the Orks/nids force but passed. I will grab the movement trays later on
banana

jbaeza94

jbaeza94

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,401 posts

"Free" ...has to order £300 worth of stuff

Interesting, the us site only asks for 160usd

Interrogator Stobz

Interrogator Stobz

++ VILICUS PISCARIAM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,168 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels since RT.
$330 NZD here
The basic Apoc set is $198 fyi

Be Pure, Be Vigilant, Behave.

gallery_48988_15465_19298.pngETL_2013_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013B.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_05f_PtR_2012.gifETL_Medal_06.gifsml_gallery_48988_16045_3749.png

Stobz'z DAngles

Brother-serpent Tylydox

Brother-serpent Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 931 posts

$330 NZD here

I was taking the info from the NZ website but at that time the currency displayed with that number was £.

• Interrogator Stobz likes this

Sign my petition about Collaboration between Games Workshop and Hasbro to create My Little Pony in WH40K Universe

: https://www.ipetitio...p-and-hasbro-to

BolterZorro

BolterZorro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 810 posts

I didn't find anything about the additional Apocalypse Command Assets (100 more cards). Are they just "more cards" , useless or is there something interesting here?

Hellex_The_Thanatar

Hellex_The_Thanatar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,120 posts
Well rip to this thread but man apoc is a damn blast. Had a 200 point game today and while we didn't finish it, even as complete noobs going into it, it was a great time and flowed well.

There is some tactical depth to it, (deciding if a unit that already has a bunch of blast makers should go whole hog and fight an enemy cc unit or back away shoot and regroup with better chances to survive moral was a tough choice).

Anyways see you all in the tactics threads, I am pretty sure this just became me and the golden boys favorite flavor of warhammer!

Edited by Hellex_The_Thanatar, 07 July 2019 - 01:01 AM.

• Dolchiate Remembrancer likes this

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,731 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

$330 NZD here

HOLY CRAP and I thought AUD$165 was getting a haircut... 

• Interrogator Stobz likes this
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Kilofix

Kilofix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,185 posts
  • Faction: Radicals, Renegades & Heretics

I didn't find anything about the additional Apocalypse Command Assets (100 more cards). Are they just "more cards" , useless or is there something interesting here?

There are different / additional cards for all factions (that aren’t in the main box). Whether they are useful is somewhat subjective but I personally like some of them.
gallery_75122_9925_245.pnggallery_75122_9925_845.pnggallery_75122_9925_2931.pnggallery_75122_9925_34773.jpeggallery_75122_9925_17742.pnggallery_75122_9925_17937.pnggallery_75122_9925_15020.png
“Imperial counter-strike massacred on Isstvan Five. Vulkan and Corax missing. Ferrus Manus dead. Night Lords, Iron Warriors, Alpha Legion and Word Bearers are with Horus Lupercal”

BolterZorro

BolterZorro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 810 posts

Anyways see you all in the tactics threads, I am pretty sure this just became me and the golden boys favorite flavor of warhammer!

According to my intuition ( and soon play testing), this is probably how I'll feel also. I'm a bit fed up of the 40K complexity, more rules, more faq more, more everything. In fact, you can't reasonably play several armies without making it a full time job.

I'm expecting Apo being ligher on the rules department and unit specifications management.

• Interrogator Stobz and Hellex_The_Thanatar like this

Interrogator Stobz

Interrogator Stobz

++ VILICUS PISCARIAM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,168 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels since RT.
Agree about 40k becoming a full time job; I used to play 40k with a group of really talented players, they're all hitting tournaments and I can't commit the time to keep up with all the options and changes. I understand them ofc, but making them work and finding combos takes time.
Apoc looks great, straightforward and playable.
  • Doctor Perils likes this

Be Pure, Be Vigilant, Behave.

gallery_48988_15465_19298.pngETL_2013_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013B.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_05f_PtR_2012.gifETL_Medal_06.gifsml_gallery_48988_16045_3749.png

Stobz'z DAngles

Hantheman

Hantheman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 364 posts

Although I do find it a bit strange that the simplest game as the most models!

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,935 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens
Since Apocalypse has been released, it's time to lock this up and take further discussion to the Apocalypse Forum.
Active Projects: The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Adeptus Titanicis: Legio Metalica - a slow-grow plog of tiny titans and tinier knights.
Finished Projects: Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Getting the "Third Army" on the battlefield

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users