Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Apocalypse pre-order Saturday 29th June

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
496 replies to this topic

BolterZorro

BolterZorro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 810 posts

I see the new apocalypse rules as an attempt from GW to prepare 9th or even 8.5th edition of 40K.

Batallions activation alternatively + death only AT THE END of turn is a big winner and circumvent the big TURN 1 problem of both 40K and AoS

• Shadow Captain Vyper, Lephisto, Raven1 and 4 others like this

CaptainMarsh

CaptainMarsh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,102 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Vigilant Heart

I don't think so.

Can't wait for the movement trays!

• Raven1 and Dark Shepherd like this

Pieces of paper for impassable terrain? My main problem with all of this is it really takes away from the game. A giant sheet of white paper on the table sort of breaks the theme of tiny fake armies running around tiny fake locales.

Real men play Adepta Sororitas!

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,965 posts

didnt realize it was july 29 for preorders. I'd still say my gut tells me Marine dex 2.0 is in July (20-27) now. (SPECULATION, NOT A RUMOR OR FACT)

banana

jbaeza94

jbaeza94

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,401 posts

Is anyone going to use the movement trays for 40K?

I am. I have 60 termagants, 30 hormigaunts,30 gargoyles, and 40 genestealers in my 2k list. Its not easy moving around 160 griblies per turn ha
  • mithrilforge, Lephisto and Triszin like this

"Honor the Legion" - Warcry and Motto of the Legion of the Iron Lions.
k0EYErV.pnggallery_26154_15777_7413.png

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,965 posts

I am. I have 60 termagants, 30 hormigaunts,30 gargoyles, and 40 genestealers in my 2k list. Its not easy moving around 160 griblies per turn ha

IM considering it even though I dont have hoard armies. I think GW watched the hoard armies at the big tournaments and noticed some people were taking 25+ minutes to set up and 20~ per turn moving things.

banana

jbaeza94

jbaeza94

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,401 posts

IM considering it even though I dont have hoard armies. I think GW watched the hoard armies at the big tournaments and noticed some people were taking 25+ minutes to set up and 20~ per turn moving things.
It could speed things all around. I know my marines will appreciate them as well
  • Dracos, Silas7 and Vykes like this

"Honor the Legion" - Warcry and Motto of the Legion of the Iron Lions.
k0EYErV.pnggallery_26154_15777_7413.png

Trench

Trench

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 104 posts
  • Faction: Tyranids

Ork and Nid players at my club already use movement trays, work fine for our games, a good thing if this release makes them more common in the community. 

BolterZorro

BolterZorro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 810 posts

Why on earth did GW put so many crisis suits into this tau box???? Redundancy with the SC! and crisis are really weak in this edition.

• Karhedron likes this

Interrogator Stobz

Interrogator Stobz

++ VILICUS PISCARIAM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,168 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels since RT.

Why on earth did GW put so many crisis suits into this tau box???? Redundancy with the SC! and crisis are really weak in this edition.

You kinda just answered your own question :P

To sell underselling minis (in some cases, not all)

I'm really hoping they fix Macro weapons, so they can kill normal units better.

• Dracos, templargdt and Biscuittzz like this

Be Pure, Be Vigilant, Behave.

gallery_48988_15465_19298.pngETL_2013_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013B.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_05f_PtR_2012.gifETL_Medal_06.gifsml_gallery_48988_16045_3749.png

Stobz'z DAngles

Orange Knight

Orange Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 109 posts
The way Games Workshop are talking about that new Repulsor and AdMech tank has me very interested. They sound like they'll be armed with significant firepower.

Someone mentioned an Ork Repulsor? Was that in the promo video on Warhammer Community?

templargdt

templargdt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,024 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens

So 40k gets dedicated movement trays before Age of Sigmar.

lKPaHzp.png

I love this post.

• Larkyn, Nusquam, Beaky Brigade and 2 others like this

1 John 4:8

ijLM8FY.jpgO787td6.jpg

Sons Of Dorn VII

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,124 posts

The way Games Workshop are talking about that new Repulsor and AdMech tank has me very interested. They sound like they'll be armed with significant firepower.

Someone mentioned an Ork Repulsor? Was that in the promo video on Warhammer Community?

By the blurb it looks like youll HAVE to take the krak launchers amd rocket pod on the hover tank which is a nuisance

Surely theyd have meant an ork EQUIVALENT of a Repulsor not a looted/converted one?

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

I see the new apocalypse rules as an attempt from GW to prepare 9th or even 8.5th edition of 40K.

Batallions activation alternatively + death only AT THE END of turn is a big winner and circumvent the big TURN 1 problem of both 40K and AoS

Maybe not preparing for such a thing but at least testing the waters with an alternative approach to their long standing turn structure.

Crisis aren't THAT weak this edition. Not since their points got reduced in the CA. Just because they aren't a top table unit it doesn't automatically mean they are weak. Plus, this is Apocalypse so one should expect a few more Crisis units than just the Start Collecting! one.

Also it's basically Farsights The Eight. Just replace one Crisis Suit with a Broadside (or convert one like people in the past did) and another with Farsight himself. ;)

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts

I honestly hope they just get rid of Macro weapons. It makes no sense why they should be stronger against something exceptionally tough like titans but not as strong against weaker targets ... and they kinda don't really work anyway (at least I haven't really seen anybody using Macro weapons to deal with Titans in serious matches so far). They are just Forgeworlds 8th edition version of D-weapons instead of simply using the system GW laid out.

Edited by sfPanzer, 16 June 2019 - 08:37 PM.

• Interrogator Stobz likes this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

CMDR_Welles

CMDR_Welles

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 462 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
Is this a gaming First?

First game to use massed d12s?

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts

For warhammer at least, I think so yeah. Hopefully it makes Marines a ton more durable than other infantry so it actually doesn't feel wrong to bring those in such big games (the boxes with 30 Marines gives hope!).

Interrogator Stobz

Interrogator Stobz

++ VILICUS PISCARIAM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,168 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels since RT.

I honestly hope they just get rid of Macro weapons. It makes no sense why they should be stronger against something exceptionally tough like titans but not as strong against weaker targets ... and they kinda don't really work anyway (at least I haven't really seen anybody using Macro weapons to deal with Titans in serious matches so far). They are just Forgeworlds 8th edition version of D-weapons instead of simply using the system GW laid out.

That's the fix I'd like to see.
  • Panzer likes this

Be Pure, Be Vigilant, Behave.

gallery_48988_15465_19298.pngETL_2013_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013B.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_05f_PtR_2012.gifETL_Medal_06.gifsml_gallery_48988_16045_3749.png

Stobz'z DAngles

Trench

Trench

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 104 posts

Alternate activation, d12s and getting more use out of your units even if they are destroyed, I may have to see with my group about adapting and trying this out even at normal 40k scale games, as a lot of the rules sound potentially appealing.

• Panzer and Subtleknife like this

Trokair

Trokair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,055 posts

Looking at the side of the movement tray boxes it appears to have pictures of the trays.

They all look irregular with random parts further from the rest. While I can see that not having them all the same will make it look better and less parade ground, but for me I think I would want my moment trays to be uniform for convenience of use purposes.

ApocPreview-June16-MovementTrays7lt.jpg

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts

Looking at the side of the movement tray boxes it appears to have pictures of the trays.

They all look irregular with random parts further from the rest. While I can see that not having them all the same will make it look better and less parade ground, but for me I think I would want my moment trays to be uniform for convenience of use purposes.

ApocPreview-June16-MovementTrays7lt.jpg

I think I don't mind them being irregular. It'll never be perfect anyway.

Also, I just noticed that it seems like the Primaris on the picture aren't actually in the movement tray like Poxwalker and the Chaos Terminators. I guess they didn't have any 32mm ones around when taking pictures so they had to use a 25mm one. biggrin.png

(anybody else looking forward to painting their movement trays to fit their army's basing?)

Edited by sfPanzer, 16 June 2019 - 09:27 PM.

Darnok

Darnok

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 774 posts
  • Faction: CSM, Daemons

Also, I just noticed that it seems like the Primaris on the picture aren't actually in the movement tray like Poxwalker and the Chaos Terminators. I guess they didn't have any 32mm ones around when taking pictures so they had to use a 25mm one. biggrin.png

I think your eyes deceive you. The 32mm bases slot into both movement trays, just not as deep as with the 25mm or 40mm ones shown. You can clearly see it on the upper one, for the lower one it might be a weird angle and light playing tricks on you.

• Filkarion likes this

MagicHat

MagicHat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 608 posts

It looks like it says x2 on the movement tray box?

In that case, the 25 mm supports 90 models, 32 mm supports 60 and 40 mm supports 40 models. Seems reasonable, although it looks like it will be an expensive release for me. 

Trench

Trench

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 104 posts

I will probably pass on the actual trays, as I would likely want to paint them to match my units basing, negating the see through benefit of these and so probably cheaper to buy from other companies who sell the same thing.

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,010 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Bleh, of course they throw bikers into the CSM box. rolleyesclean.gif

• Son of Carnelian, Aeternus and High_King_Mathorne like this

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Darnok

Darnok

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 774 posts
  • Faction: CSM, Daemons

What I find to be kind of annoying is the two Battalion sets not being legal Battalion detachments: they only have one HQ choice each. Sure, you can build an Aspiring Champion from one of the CSM and a Lieutenant from one of the Intercessors - but that's not the GW policy these days, converting characters from troops I mean.

Edited by Darnok, 16 June 2019 - 10:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users