Transport up for pre-order Saturday 29th

Not sure if we had a name before but its called the Skorpius Disintegrator. It is described as "Heavy firepower" and as we already knew it is a dual kit with the Skorpius Dunerider.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/06/16/pre-order-preview-bring-on-the-apocalypse/

It looks like they may form part of a few Magos' vows for this years ETL. Considering how much this transport is in demand our part of the forum may end up looking like an oversized parking lot.

That Admech boxed force is a bit unimaginative, isn't it? Six robots and a Dominus? I am very tempted by both that one and the Ork Dread Mob. This is very bad. My wallet is already regretting the stupid purchases I haven't even made yet. :p

Yeah the box is tempting but very impractical, most of us have some bots already. Do any of us need another 6?(There will be someone :P)

As someone also said in the main Apoc thread, if the box savings doesn't put it below what the box would be without the Dominus, it really isn't worth it. How many Dominus do people have now. I have three and I only brought one Start Collecting.

The carnage of a parking lot, all those hover tanks bumping off each other. It will be like bump carts at the fair.

I’m considering the box. I don’t need another dominos or the data priests so i’ll Need to see their price. But I have 4 bots already and 6 more, while a tad excessive would fill out potential plans

According to a post in news and rumours, the new tank/transport is going to be 110€... bit on the expensive side... :/

A bit?

One can buy 2 Defilers or 2 Land Raiders for that price.

What the hell would justify such a steep price...

Sure it's a dual kit but it's not that big and has almost no options (2 guns for the tank variant and that's it).

I found the post (by Valrak) and it was edited, it's actually 45£/60€ and not 85£/110€ for our transport.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QnJmcwSwaCE8pahF0-EbegiMeKBKfGLX/view

Still a bit expensive but not stupidly so.

Edited by krakjen

According to a post in news and rumours, the new tank/transport is going to be 110€... bit on the expensive side... :/

That’s stupidly dear !?!... I’m hoping that’s a typo or someone has got the price mixed up with a baneblade or something!

, Mithril

++EDIT ++ posts above added while I was typing , phew

Edited by mithrilforge

Everyone calm down, everything is alright we are no longer being threatened with £85 for a :cussing transport...

I think my wife came down the stairs after I was cursing at the video...

Even with the price corrections I can say in Canada if I use the U.S. pricing, I won't be able to buy as much of this stuff as I hoped. I was thinking 2-3 of the Skorpius, and 2 of the new Repulsors but since that's looking like the equivalent of 2 months of actual vehicle (my car) payments, I'm going to have to rethink it.

I guess we'll have to see the rules really. 

The actual box sets hold zero appeal to me. At least with the previous bundles you got a unique figure and a feeling of significant savings. 

The Transport looks great, but I'm thinking it's a 100 CAD which is incredible really. I really hope I'm wrong about that (75 US = 100 CAD). That's more expensive than a Landraider here. 

Edited by Prot

They say its £45 now, is that really 100 CAD

45 GBP is about 75 CAD. But the price is also listed as 75 USD. I doubt GW would make the CAD and USD the same, as this would cause all the US buyers to jump to Canadian sellers. Currency shenanigans. 

My speculative guess is 90 CAD.

They say its £45 now, is that really 100 CAD

45 GBP is about 75 CAD. But the price is also listed as 75 USD. I doubt GW would make the CAD and USD the same, as this would cause all the US buyers to jump to Canadian sellers. Currency shenanigans. 

My speculative guess is 90 CAD.

90 CAD sounds about right.

Looking at similarly priced minis in Europe then in Canada, the new kit is barely more expensive than the Land Raider (89 CAD) and same price as the Primaris Heroes (90 CAD).

It wouldn't be using the actual conversion rate but the "GW Conversion" rate. Also keep in mind that the 90 CAD would be before sales tax, judging by the tax in my province I'd be paying about 100.80 CAD :cry:.  Need to drive over to Alberta for that sweet lack of PST :biggrin.:

So guys at approx 90 CAD I’m not sure if I’m buying these or the Primaris ta k as it’s a big release week. We know a little bit about the Primaris tank (firing twice, etc).

Aside from this vehicle having 2 variants , and one seems open topped, domwe have any other speculation? Do the guns on it indicate what kind of firepower we’re looking at?

All they have let slip with the tank variant is "Heavy Firepower" and it has a cute little heavy stubber on the main turret with two guns on the side that look like more heavy stubbers.

Transport again looks like two heavy stubbers on the sides but the rear turret may be Phospher or again stubbers. Also as you mentioned open topped.

Apart from that we have nothing so far but hopes and dreams.

On front of the tank, there are some kind of missiles head, aren't there?

Considering it's looking like a boat, I'd rather call them "air torpedos", but yeah.

Still, there hasn't been a single indication on the rules, besides the stubbers probably being stubbers. Just wait and see...

"Air Torpedoes" Forge World approved.

TXMlEuEt.png

It would be nice if they had a frag/krak effect. I'd imagine you could shoot 2 a turn from what appears to be two banks of them.  

The part I'm curious about is how it will change our lists by having an open topped feature. The Vanguard/Ranger are so soft and squishy. In a way it reminds me of what I see at tournies with Deldar Venom spam. I highly doubt we'd be able to pull that off but the idea of having a semi-robust open topped vehicle for something does really appeal to me. I'd love to put 10 Corpuscarii priests in it for example. I wouldn't mind using Rangers with Plasma, but I'm assuming overcharging would be a thing and the triple plasma would last longer in a boat.

Edited by Prot