Transport up for pre-order Saturday 29th

It would be nice if they had a frag/krak effect. I'd imagine you could shoot 2 a turn from what appears to be two banks of them.  

The part I'm curious about is how it will change our lists by having an open topped feature. The Vanguard/Ranger are so soft and squishy. In a way it reminds me of what I see at tournies with Deldar Venom spam. I highly doubt we'd be able to pull that off but the idea of having a semi-robust open topped vehicle for something does really appeal to me. I'd love to put 10 Corpuscarii priests in it for example. I wouldn't mind using Rangers with Plasma, but I'm assuming overcharging would be a thing and the triple plasma would last longer in a boat.

All I can picture is the Rangers throwing the exploding plasma gun to one another inside the boat trying not to die. YOURS! YOURS! YOURS! BANG!

Jerry Lost again...

Edited by Black_Knight

Didn't someone show some concept art of some new Admech weapons recently? I think the same page that hinted heavy Skitarii mentioned an "energy howitzer" or something? 

Found it, posted by Mushkilla: https://pp.userapi.com/c851528/v851528034/119e9d/Wt0zarzFe3g.jpg

That's the alternate weapon for the tank, isn't it? Seems odd, when I think of a howitzer I think of an artillery piece. It's got a pretty short barrel for that. GW tends to like designing longer ranged weapons with long barrels as a general rule of thumb. It's more like some kind of energy mortar. I have no idea what the gun in the main pictures is.

Didn't someone show some concept art of some new Admech weapons recently? I think the same page that hinted heavy Skitarii mentioned an "energy howitzer" or something? 

Found it, posted by Mushkilla: https://pp.userapi.com/c851528/v851528034/119e9d/Wt0zarzFe3g.jpg

That's the alternate weapon for the tank, isn't it? Seems odd, when I think of a howitzer I think of an artillery piece. It's got a pretty short barrel for that. GW tends to like designing longer ranged weapons with long barrels as a general rule of thumb. It's more like some kind of energy mortar. I have no idea what the gun in the main pictures is.

That looks like an eradication beamer without the focusing bit at the end to me.  This could make sense as the eradication beamer is more of a shorter ranged directed weapon that loses effectiveness at range, so maybe this "howitzer" version is just the long range profile of that (maybe with an additional weaker profile over 36"?).

Regarding the AdMech detatchment box, I'm pretty disappointed :(  Would have been nice to see some Ironstriders or Kataphrons or even Electropriests in a cheaper box.  Those units are pretty expensive to collect and you generally need several to be effective.

Regarding the AdMech detatchment box, I'm pretty disappointed :sad.:  Would have been nice to see some Ironstriders or Kataphrons or even Electropriests in a cheaper box.  Those units are pretty expensive to collect and you generally need several to be effective.

You don't need several. You need MANY

Well, that's a small disappointment. The Admech army has so many interesting and unique weapons but they keep coming back to 20th century lead shooters. It's not going to stop me ordering the kit though. Whoever guessed the antennae were Data Tethers deserves a cookie. :)

This kit focus seems like an interesting idea. I'd like to see more of those in the future.

This kit focus seems like an interesting idea. I'd like to see more of those in the future.

The Warhammer Community post them often on their facebook.

Edited by krakjen

I hope Cawl wasn’t asleep at the wheel on this. It should have the anti gravatic back wash and fly rule. I have to believe with such an underwhelming armoument on the transport, I really am clinging to the hope it’s open topped.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Or, to put it differently - no released rules live up to the wishlists. Except maybe for Eldar.

Either way, confirming the guns as the dirt cheap stubbers, while being not the most exciting technology, at least keeps the cost down and the number of shots high. The double stubbers on an Onager are frequently more effective than its main gun, and this box now has twice that number of stubbers.

Yeah, I consider -BS after moving, as there's no indication of the contrary. Still, 8p of wargear for an average of 6 hits (after moving) at 36" doesn't seem too bad.

We still don't have any idea about the transport's base cost, but at least the mandatory wargear is definitely cost-effective. It may not be a huge dakka-board like the repulsor, but at least the upgrades don't artificially inflate its cost just to look cool.

Based on GWs design choices for other tanks, I'd guess the short-barrelled energy howitzer to be some sort or shorter-ranged large blast/random shot gun, and the long one to be longer-ranged with one or two shots. Since we still have the onager and its 3 wildly different loadouts, I'm guessing it will not be a totally unique role, but since onagers are limited to 3 (and are slow) we'll find uses for them anyway.

The more important question for me is how the transport works and what it costs. If it's cheap and fast, it would enable speeding massed infantry across the board. If it's open-topped, it becomes a ridiculous gunboat. And FLY would be a nice bonus. But I guess it won't be all of this together, since we're not Dark Eldar.

I do like the idea of the gunboat role. I'll probably need to buy another five Corpuscarii if we can pull that off. My Vanguard squads would be pretty happy too. Is it possible for embarked infantry to be targeted/killed while on board a vehicle in 8th? I wouldn't think so but I don't want to assume anything. 

I hope Hoplites can be transported in this vehicle. With their short ranged attacks they could be quite a nuisance and it would allow them to keep up with Titan advances from a lore perspective.

I'm still doubting the Open Topped rule. Usually, the vehicle is designed so the embarked models can physically shoot - from the side seats of a LSS, anywhere on DE yachts, or from firing slits. With our landing craft, I see absolutely no way of shooting out of there, considering the wall is far higher than the embarked skitarii. The only (ridiculous) way to do this would be to have them stand on each other's shoulders, so only half the models could shoot. :biggrin.:

Belleros Energy Cannon! Finally an indirrect fire weapon. And a good one at that! Thanks GW

Yeah, I was happy to see an indirect fire option. I'm planning on making an ITC run and was exploring other options to test, including thunderfire cannons.

Now the points. So far so good.

Also the missiles are a surprise. D6 Shots. I was worried it would be 1 shot despite having more modeled ala the melta missiles from custodes jetbikes