Transport up for pre-order Saturday 29th

I second the pricing issues and with the news that price increases are coming to the US, which last time meant everyone got them, then I worry how many will be able to collect in the future?

£45 was too much for it and I do not foresee any new release helping any army including the new Repulsor. If any of the new turn mechanics that Apoc has filter down to 40k in the future it should make the game easier to balance as getting that first turn nuke will matter less.

They know they are charging too much but to a corporation its their gamble on whether you will pay or not and that's what they are counting on. Strange how a video that shows new Primaris models is released the day after the news of price hikes. That video will make everyone forget that they are going to be paying 10-20% in the near future.

I am honestly happy that I have completed my Admec and Knight army as a showcase. If I do not have the models now I won't be buying them in the future even if its competitive. I will have to play with what I have. I understand you are a competitive player Prot and all I can suggest is maybe hold off for a month or two and see if any stealth metas appear with the model that no one has thought of. Then you can make your purchase with a clear conscience. 

Honestly BolterZorro I do not want any psychic phase stuff for our army not even a defence, I would be happy if they made us a bit stronger but we were vulnerable to the psychic phase. I can take that trade off.

Don't take me wrong: I'm just saying that we don't have psy and we are neh CC. And I ask, what do we need to become competitive? (vigilus was honnestly a good starting point, but felt short). Too bad we, as the real MECA army, don't have any good synergy with IK.

Anything can become competitive if it is aggressively costed. Admech have comparatively cheap troops and HQs, a good firebase and some really good CC options. We usually struggle with capturing points or have to add in Astra Militarum to get access to mortars and good objective grabbers. These new releases can help a bit with both.

You rarely want to shoot at a 70 point transport that's empty or just have a few skitarii inside, especially if there are robots, knights or other attention grabbing models on the table. This could mean that they get to sit at objectives, gathering up victory points for us. Having cheap tanks that can shoot at units outside of line of sight serves a similar function, in that it allows us to pester enemy objective campers throughout the match.

Looking forward to seeing how they fare in the field.

Something that would help would be less Dx hits and Dx damage on our attacks. Our entire army is full of it and I would like a bit more consistency. We will have to see if the transport allows our melee units to get to the target now.

Oh and please change our Plasma Destroyers to mortal wounds and not outright kill, they are servitors after all.

We are good points wise it is just that pretty much every unit we have has some kind of drawback that makes it slightly less than what it could be.

Also please give us a Cawl unit for a few more Forgeworlds, not everyone plays Mars. Doesn't have to be re-rolls but something that supports the Forgeworld's dogma.

Honestly we are fun to play unfortunately for people like Prot you really need to be sleeping with the dice gods to pull ahead, if you get those D3 Hit D6 hits from the Dunecrawlers you are laughing.

Well I disagree to an extent. If you are playing ITC then yes, you will absolutely love shooting a T6 transport every chance you get, empty or not. In fact I think a veteran player will space out those kills.

We’re talking about a Rhino here. There’s a reason we don’t see many transports in competitive 40k.... unless it is more the ‘Razorback’ variant and that’s where I think they missed the boat a bit on this. To arm it with a couple of Bolters really is a head scratcher especially since they want to sell this thing.

I hate making this type of post so I’ll just cut myself off by saying I will be playtesting a few lists over the next few days with the tank for sure, but if we’re talking real estate I still like Warglaives and Knights far more for that role over the Skorpius transport. I don’t know if I like any list I’ve made with the transport but I’ll try to fit it into playtesting. Right now the transport is making me increase Vanguard size and loadout. That cost depreciates my Destroyers typically or Cawl (since he becomes less relevant) the Skorpius tank has me pulling Dunecrawlers out somit feels like a sideways swap.

To regain the real estate I’m exchanging Kastelans and Chicken walkers for a Knight detachment with Armigers. (Plus once again Cawl becomes less relevant).

Edited by Prot

Geez I just saw the ad-mech transport/tank is $125 for me !! That’s like predator kit equivalent which is $85... I would’ve easily paid $85 for it but gee at that steep price I may get one... perhaps (sigh)

Mithril

I find myself downsizing the Knight element in my AdMech and focusing more on adding a greater number of infantry.

I'm dropping the Armigers but intent to still try and see how the Castellan performs. In the last game I used it he took a great deal of damage in the early turns...

I'm definitely thrilled for the tank variant of the new vehicle. It's very affordable, points wise, and the Canticles make it more survivable and effective.

I'd already nabbed a Goliath a while back as a transport for some of my "Tech Guard" Skitarii, and whilst I'm very fond of these ones (well, not the prices), I'm dubious as to whether they'll look right in their shabby industrial/janitor style.

So...

Achilles Ridgerunners with both the missile *and* {the mortar *or* cannon} would sort of make a Skorp Disintergrator count-as, right?

And more Goliaths basically make a Dunerider.

Hell, the profiles aren't really a million miles from one another...

Edited by Xisor

Looks like GW is slipping back into it's old ways... :dry.:  

i like Xisor's idea actually  Ridgerunners and Goliaths... indentured Ad-mech units seized on the planet they're fighting on to be used as transports and weapon carriers...

i love the new tank/carrier but at that price GW can kiss something of mine :blush.:

Mithril

Don't get me wrong, being more expensive than a Land Raider is a bad move but the Razorback is 33 Euros and the Predator is 46 Euros. Still not a flattering comparison but I believe those are fairer than the price of Rhino.

Edit: I just re-read your post, where you got the image from Reddit rather than posting it yourself. My point still stands, but I understand it wasn't you that picked out a Rhino in the first place. :)

Edited by Magos Takatus

I also though that it was bigger like a big brick for cover. I can see that 3 tanks won't be that much trouble to be placed on the table.

I can't find a post speaking of magnetizing both versions (not the weapons, this is easy, but the tank<->transport)).

I can't find a post speaking of magnetizing both versions (not the weapons, this is easy, but the tank<->transport)).

This is what im now waiting for, or will be trying to do when i get mine. Im hoping its possible without TOO much work.

That price tag will hurt a hell of a lot less if you can magnetise between the transport and tank variants.

Was not expecting the transport to be the same size as a rhino either! Looked bigger in the pictures. Wont feel so bad for proxying some rhinos in a game this weekend now haha :)

Price asside, lets talk tactics :)

I am planning a Ryza list with 2 Plasma units in 2 transports plus an Enginseer with the Mask. While not helping the vehicles I think Ryza might be the way to go if you want to get some units into CC (E-Priests will be way better than Skitarii of course). Maybe I will swap the Enginseer for a Manipulus with Flamer, he has more punch and can help with those charges.

Mars seems to be a good choice as well. The vehicles can profit from double canticles (2+ thanks to Shroudpsalm) and with their size they might be a very good screen for our Cawl- Castle. You just need to clear line of sight for your Bots before you shoot. Cawls aura is also a big buff, especially for the Disintegrator and his firepower.

Stygies might be the most competative maybe? Fill a transport with E-Priests, scout them forward, activate Shroudpsalm and hope you get the Ravers into CC asap. Disintegrator with his range (maybe boosted by a Manipulus) will also be harder to kill with a negative hit modifier.

Agripinaa can be helpfull as well when you want to use the vehicles defensively as a screen thanks to the number of shots they both throw out. Depending on the opponent overwatch with all these stubbers can get painfull.

Metallica can be ok with the Tank version to move them out of CC and still shoot thanks to the WLT. Other than that Metallica and Graia seem at least usefull.

Metallica's advance stuff does seem to fit aggressive foot infantry, but is sort of in competition with transports.

I too suspect the RYZA RUSH will be the main beneficiary of the transport, with Stygies VIII settling into a mid-range evasive game of sneaky CAThode and massive gun mouse thanks to the Disintegrator.

Edited by Xisor

Biggest problem is having a ramp and missile front that are interchangeable. Any idea if the ramp moves when fitted?

If you glue the ramp shut (up position), you shouldn't have an issue switching between the ramp and the missile front.

How easy it would be to fit magnets for both is another issue altogether and can't really be evaluated until you have the kit in hands.

Spiky Bits posted a video for the Marine tank and our machine, it looks bigger than the above photograph shows, it's a fair bit longer compared to a Rhino. https://youtu.be/jBn0k92I2lg?t=1037

I think that my order is still going to take a few days to arrive. I should have just decided to bite the bullet and pick them up in the local store today.

Edited by Magos Takatus

Thx, video is interesting: you can very easily switch both builds (magnetize with really close to no effort). Same for weapons. I think that I'll go for 2 or 3 to begin. Later this year (because I couldn't resist to the superb deal of detachment boxes)