Apocalypse pre-order saturday 29th June with army boosters

There is a AdMech box in the line up with SO MANY bots. Also we finally have our tank release date as mentioned in another post.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/06/16/pre-order-preview-bring-on-the-apocalypse/

ApocPreview-June16-Detachments3sn.jpg

That box is crap.

Every AdMech already has too many Dominus and who the hell needs 3 Datasmith...

I tend to agree. Unless there is an incredible discount on 6 Kastellans, it'll probably be less redundant to just pick them up normally.

It all depends on the Price... that's going to make or break the deal..:sweat:  as much as i'd like another 6 robots..3 more data smiths :unsure.:

it would have to be one hell of a saving to catch me :biggrin.:

Mithril

I'm already sitting on multiple Datasmiths.... has anyone found another purpose/conversion for them?

I think it’s popular to use an axe from one of those TPD’s you like have still in sprue, add hooded ranger head and you have an alt pose Enginseer. That’s what I’m doing also.

If the discount of this box is just around the retail cost of the TPD, this box will be a terrible deal. Hopefully it will be a larger discount than that.

Still not sure I’d want it though, but will definitely buy the Knight one along with some Skorpius’

Yeah, I'd probably try to use them for conversion fodder. Get rid of the punch cards, add more vials and liquid tanks from Dark Eldar models and you hopefully have a passable base for a Magos Genator. As Burni suggested, add an axe and you might have a good result. I'd like to try it but I'm all out of Datasmiths, I have a Dominus ready to donate parts but who doesn't these days? :rolleyes:

I definitely agree with the Knight box but again I just got some Helverins, do I need another two :S

ApocPreview-June16-Detachments6sn.jpg

Edited by Black_Knight

Seems about right compared to last Christmas boxes. But OMG I :cuss myself when I heard of the price for the transport, which was actually the price of the Baneblade.

Man I wish it had been dragoons.

This, so much this. Even Kataphron would have been super good deal. Robots have already been in the battleforce in last december :verymad:

Since the 8th ed codex dropped everyone I know has at least 4-6 of those Kastelans. GW know what they're doing. They're not going to give a discount on Dragoons.

Even the Catellan Knight is something people aren't really hot on post FAQ

I think these boxes would be aimed at people who were thinking of starting an army. 

Happy about the price of the battalion boxes less so about the Skorpius. Was thinking of getting three but that plus the Knight box is too much so will have to wait on that. The cost of all that means I’ll be skipping buying the Apoc box. I wonder if it’s going to stick around or just while stocks last.

I have a £20 limit on buying Dragoons off ebay, I just brought my 3rd after a year...

As always GW are £5 over what I would of gladly paid for the transport. One day maybe they will hit that mark and I will buy more.

I'd prefer the knight box be a Preceptor (Canis Rex) and two armigars, warglaive or helverin doesn't matter. That I'd buy, this since I already have a castellan isn't of interest.