New Army Box for Apocalypse

NTaW

Looks like we'll be seeing a new use for Ghost Arks in the upcoming release of Apocalypse, since I can't see much of a reason for that model's inclusion with Wraiths and Tomb Blades in the box. Either way I'm happy to see a new avenue for army boxes and could definitely see myself buying this one whether I play Apocalypse or not.

Contents look like:

Plastic Cryptek

2x Tomb Blade kits

2x Wraith kits

DDA/Ghost Ark kit

ApocPreview-June16-Detachments9qn.jpg

Edited by NTaW

GW has a habit of releasing expensive stuff right as I'm planning on buying other expensive stuff...much as I'd love to double my wraith, ark, and cryptek count, I don't think I'll be getting this box...I have a feeling a Seraptek will be more powerful in Apocalypse anyway.

Cool box though.

OOH i likey this boxset... i could use a second DDA for MOAR Firepower and always up for more wraiths.. I've never used the blades :ermm:  how good are they?...

Thanks for posting NTaW  :thumbsup:

Mithril

I love Tomb Blades with Gauss. They're each two Immortals with +1T, better movement, harder to hit, equal wounds and shots, for 31ppm instead of 30 for two Immortals. The models are very annoying to build though so I don't have that many ready to go.

I love Tomb Blades with Gauss. They're each two Immortals with +1T, better movement, harder to hit, equal wounds and shots, for 31ppm instead of 30 for two Immortals. The models are very annoying to build though so I don't have that many ready to go.

This statement i have heard from others... :ermm: ,they sound good ,worth the effort ?!.. i might proxy some in a game to see their effectiveness :biggrin.:

thanks for the info Tyriks :thumbsup:

and lets wait and see the price point and if its a great saving or just a meh one :mellow.:

Cheers, Mithril

Well, here's a cost breakdown (in US dollars. sorry to any of you other folks):

Ghost ark: 49.50USD

2 boxes of Tomb Blades: 41.25 each

2 boxes of wraiths: 47 each

cryptek with cloak: 35 

total in USD: 261, before tax.

With any luck this will be 200.

That said, I don't see it selling below 225, though I expect this will be modified based on the costs of other boxes.

Not something I'll be buying but I may grab some tomb blades as I have everything else.

I might buy it, if it's cheap enough. I have 3 DDAs but only one Ghost Ark. I could use a few more Wraiths, and I really should have more Tomb Blades, so if it's cheap enough I will probably grab it.

Per Faeit212 leaks, the apoc boxes are 100GBP.

Even at generous GW conversion markup that’s still only 170USD or so.

We are truly fortunate this day, my fellow Phaerons.

I still have a seraptek to buy, though, so it’s a no go for me.

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

They might be bundled together for the simple reason of not having anything that made more sense to bundle together...

This is quite true, though the video promoting Apocalypse did mention that Detachments activate alternating between players and they have different roles to play in-game so here's hoping!

I guess, upon reflection, that I own well over 10k points worth of models but don't have a single Superheavy option. Chances are if I were to spend ~200 on something it would be a Tesseract Vault or a Pylon but I am still quite happy to see army boxes that don't include Warriors and the plastic Overlord. Hopefully GW follows through on other Detachment boxes like this.

A vendor price sheet was posted in N&R so it seems pretty legit. I think this will be a pass for me, though - if I ever used my Ghost Ark maybe I'd want another but as it is seems like I'm better off just buying more Wraiths and Tomb Blades by themselves.

I always love buying these big bundles but at this point I think GW would be hard pressed to make one that I'd pick up unless there are new models...

If that comes out to 200-220 CAD it will be $90-110 in savings, nab it at a retailer that offers 15% off and that's about as close to half off NOS models as I'm likely to get.

GW, I'll take Air Wing and Spearhead Detachment boxes if you don't mind :lol: 3x Scythes or just about any heavy support combo will do!

3 Scythes I would jump at. I currently have one Doom Scythe and maybe a partially built Night Scythe. Either variant really needs numbers to be useful so a box of three (with a new plastic Lord with lots of options since we're wishlisting) would be great.

Actually I should get my Scythes built and primed so I can vow them next in the ETL...

That’s a good price, and a pretty good model list.

The cryptek is a good model.

Wraiths are good. Tomb blades are good.

Ghost ark/ doomsday ark is another good option,

If i didn’t already have 9 wraiths, I’d consider purchasing the boxset.

I’m the opposite... I split “one” forgebane box with a mate (I feel like Charlie bucket ) so I can definitely do with more wraiths

and more Arks and another Cryptek...heck I don’t own any tomb blades so this is a good opportunity...

I’m guessing it’s going to be about $240 -$260 Aus dollars... that’s hefty for me but if the saving is what’s mentioned then we’ll... ;-)

Cheers, Mithril