Death Guard/Nurgle Daemons ITC 2K feedback required

Arufel87

Here is the final version of my list. The Cerberus has done fine work against a mixture of opponents and earned it's place despite being suboptimal competitively. I can also use the Chaos Familiar stratagem to swap out for Death Hex or Prescience on the Prince if necessary. Command points are in short supply but most units are self reliant anyway. Any final advice before I submit the list?

Death Guard Spearhead

Daemon Prince, Wings, Malefic Talon, Fugaris' Helm, Arch Contaminator, Gift of Contagion

Plagueburst Crawler, 2 Plaguespitters,

Heavy Slugger

Heavy Slugger

Heavy Slugger

Hellforged Deredeo, Butcher Cannon Array,

Heavy Bolters, Missile Launchers

Hellforged Deredeo, Butcher Cannon Array,

Heavy Bolters, Missile Launchers

Nurgle Daemon Patrol

Poxbringer, Miasma of Pestilence

29 Plaguebearers, Banner, Icon

3 Nurgling Swarms

Chaos Space Marines Lord of War

Iron Warriors Hellforged Cerberus Heavy Destroyer

You'll have to let us know how it does. My only concern is you only have two Troops and ones really squishy but if that's just enough to snake by then the rest of your points are well invested in some crunch!

No I only need a CSM detachment to unlock the stratagems which in this case is fulfilled by the Cerberus. The Death Guard stratagem is called chaos familiar of Nurgle.

The strat in the CSM book stipulates a heretic astartes psyker which the death guard daemon prince clearly is. This is how people end up with warptime on Morty by the way.

• 2 weeks later...
So the tournament is finished and I ended up winning 2 losing 3. The cerberus ended up being overkill against certain opponents and a liability against others. I had enough killing power but not enough durability against hardcore lists. I lost heavily to kataphron spam and imperial soup with krast knight and calladius tanks. Maybe the chaos knights will be the way forwards.