Leman Russ painted purely with Contrast

StaggerLee

So I tried my hand with contrast... This is the result in little over an hour. I am REALLY not a good painter (in fact, im technically spastic haha bad shakes in my hands from it) but these paints are a god send for someone as bad as me. Battle ready character in around an hour, not bad!

Russ 4

Russ 3

Russ 2

Russ 1

How do I feel about them? I am not a fan of them on large flat spaces, its not where they are best used. However on something like forge worlds incredible level of detail they are a godsend. On top of that, forge worlds resin is a lot coarser than plastic, and so the contrast seems to sit a lot better and not just pool up. I will be trying more on plastic later and its worked VERY well on my death guard, but not amazing on my wifes eldar wraith army. We shall see, but for anything forge world, especially if you have a legion with all the legion specific shoulder pads and torso's, these are going to be a damn incredible product.

TL;DR For detailed models, they are a revelation. For bad painters, they are a godsend. For large flat panels that are really smooth: Give them a miss or use an airbrush.

• 4 months later...