'Primaris' Deathwatch Watch Master Conversion

I did a little kit-bashing over the weekend, and one of my projects was a Primaris scaled Watch Master for my Deathwatch army. It was actually a pretty simple conversion to complete.

Pictures of the assembled model & the disassembled components:

In the last picture of him where he's disassembled, you can see which pieces were used from each kit a little better.

I used the Primaris Captain kit, the Deathwatch Master Master kit and the Space Wolves Primaris Upgrade kit. I also used a couple of bits from the Black Templar's Upgrade Kit (Sword in hilt on right hip/thigh), the Deathwatch Veterans kit (IF Shoulder pad), the Deathwatch Upgrade kit (head) and the Primaris Intercessors kit (shield on right shoulder).

1. I used the Captain as the base, assembling the legs, front tabard & torso as normal
  2. I cut the right arm off of the captain at the shoulder
  3. I cut the left arm off the captain at the elbow joint
  4. I cut the left arm off of the Watch master at the elbow joint & removed the half circle elbow guard (doesn't fit in new pose)
  5. I cut the fist hand off the watch master arm section and replaced it with the pointing hand from the captain kit
  6. I attached the left arm piece from the watch master to the captain at the elbow (used watch master DW shoulder pad)
  7. There was a part I needed to cover on the left arm where the elbow guard used to be, so I found a terminator honors bit in by bits box and attached it to the shoulder pad as decoration positioning it to cover the bit on the arm I need to cover up. (You can see this in the 2nd picture)
  8. I cut the decorative eagle 'cowl' off of the watch master back part and trimmed it to fit and glued it on the captains back part
  9. I cut the servo-skull off the watch mater back pack and glued it to the captains backpack
  10. I cut the right hand at the wrist off the watch master weapon arm
  11. I cut the right hand off of the Space Wolves chain sword arm at the wrist and glued the watch master weapon hand to this arm (attached IF shoulder & shield too)
  12. I attached the Black Templar sword to the captain in place of the bolt pistol bit he came with
  13. I had to trim the decorative fin on the helmet at the back so that it was flat so that it fits with the decorative cowl from the watch master.
  14. The Cloak is from the Captain kit also, but I didn't attach it yet so I can paint it separately and access the captains torso & legs for painting
Edited by Syward

love it! I nearly used the Captain for mine (based on similar conversions I'd seen) but I had already used him as a base for one of the regular intercessors so used this guy instead:

47925268383_c1350e698a_z.jpg

And since this is in the tutorial section....

base model: Primaris Lt Amulius

Deathwatch Watchmaster Shoulders, head, belt/tabard, left arm and weapon (as well as servoskull for the backpack

Primaris Gravis captain cloak

Edited by Tichinde