Female necron?

Beatnik cryptek

I actually don't like this. Necrons are modeled off skeletons, which have very little sexual dimorphism. Boob bones is just nonsensical. I just give about half my Necron characters female names and we're good to go.

Very much this. Apart from a few subtle giveaways, skeletons have barely any sexual dimorphism. In terms of personality and voice, that I could see, akin to the Transformers' realm with femmes.

Also those robots are feminised version of the Vex from Destiny. I shoot a lot of them on the Xbox. :tongue.:

Cambrius

Edited by Brother Cambrius

There’s a limit to what is reasonable and what’s OTT when it comes to femcrons (of course, ott describes 40k perfectly).

In my opinion, the hip and waist area are the most likely to have a difference from the males, unless the female in question is majorly ego-centric and narcissistic, or otherwise obsessed with their appearance (which does happen with other Necrons, as I recall).

When it comes to my army, Kani the Sentry, Heiress of the Naculan, Regent of Seranon, and daughter of the Phaeron, which I’ve built off of the void-scythe overlord, has one modification to denote her as female—she does not have the arcing crown behind her head, and instead has cable approximating long hair. I also have a Lady who I’ve not yet modeled, but will likely be third-party as she is pretty vain, with the body modifications to suit.

Wargame Exclusive has female Necron model options. They mostly just add boobs, which I'm personally not into, but there are female Necrontyr who went through biotransferrance even in the Royal Courts (as written by Black Library authors) and Necrons seem incredibly vain so I see no reason why there wouldn't be a variety of body augmentations available. I think the female in the 2nd Mephiston book was described as painted differently than others around her, no overt mention of a feminine look though. Edited by NTaW

Necrons seem incredibly vain so I see no reason why there wouldn't be a variety of body augmentations available.

It makes sense a Necron Lady would customize her body to avoid being misgendered. Of course, there are the questions "Were the Necrontyr mammalian? What were the physical differences between male and female Necrontyr?"

When it comes to my army, Kani the Sentry, Heiress of the Naculan, Regent of Seranon, and daughter of the Phaeron, which I’ve built off of the void-scythe overlord, has one modification to denote her as female—she does not have the arcing crown behind her head, and instead has cable approximating long hair. I also have a Lady who I’ve not yet modeled, but will likely be third-party as she is pretty vain, with the body modifications to suit.

Hey Daimyo..., do you ever find that your opponent has played the game and packed up his stuff and gone before you have finished saying the names of all your characters that you just put down on the table...:huh.:  ... :laugh.:  jk.

as mentioned Necrons..especially the upper echelon were very vain and such , i wouldn't put it past one to model themselves looking attractive and all plated in gold and gems :cool.:

Everyone views the cron's in their own special way , i'd def model a female Cron lord with a feminine figure...if i could sculpt :sweat:

Cheers, Mithril

I don't personally see an issue with female body types when it comes to Lords, Overlords, etc.  Upper echelon Necrons retain their personalities, so if there was a high ranking female I'm don't think having a feminized body would be unreasonable.  RAF warriors and the like not so much.  I plan on buying this one from Wargames Exclusive. Its a gorgeous looking sculpt and I think they pulled it off pretty well: 

34287178_813077428883783_624597203863732

I re-read the chapters concerning descriptions of the female Necron character in Revenant Crusade and also the part in Devourer when the main character, a female, described herself. In Revenant Crusade it's merely stated that she had a red paint job and looked distinctly more intense than the rest, later her movements were described as feline when attacking, but it was just known by the character describing that this Necron was female and presumably the concubine of the Phaeron. The concubine part may have been inferred by their seat next to the Phaeron in the Royal Court. In Devourer the character mentions, as she recovers from the Great Sleep and her identity comes back to her, that she was female but attaches that memory to the Time of Flesh when things like that mattered as if in their metal bodies they were beyond such trivial distinctions.

This is of course not to say there isn't infinite room for more options. Just thought I'd share my findings since I found the books.