Limitations on Proxying in GW Events?

Schurge

Wow, this thread really took off without me. In light of the rule / argument about the detachments needing to have distinctive color schemes, I would just paint the Bloodletter-Plaguebearers Deepkin Flesh with a Sepia Wash, if for no other reason than to make it easier on my friends. It sounds like swapping out the distinctive swords would make it more acceptable as well.

The color rule for marines seems a little silly to me. My bases are covered, Red / Brass armor with black gloves and boots to mimic my Bloodletters ashen splotches can be any Khorne faction and with some slight adjustments could qualify as anything. It shouldn't be that hard though for people to remember the green guys aren't Salamanders when there are no Salamander detachments in your opponents list.

Plus it’s going by what the OP himself says, that he wants access to the stuff from the other chaos Gods (plural) whilst maintaining a Khorne theme. That implies that he’s going to have Khorne models (admittedly differently modelled) representing the forces of at least 3 of the Pantheon and if he’s bringing them in detachments it will have to be multiple units and unit types from each god too. Please believe me when I say I’m not being facetious with this question but Can you genuinely not see how that might be confusing for an opponent to have to keep track of all that?

Right now the only plan would be to have Bloodletter-Plaguebearers for screening and various Tzeentch Daemon Princes. Beyond a certain point it would cease to be a Khorne themed army at all by virtue of the mechanics and you couldn't make a reasonable conversion for say a Horror anyway.

EDIT: Maybe a smooth and red skinned Greater Unclean One with a chef's outfit with a giant bone in one hand and a bucked of skull soup in the other. I would call him "The Cook" and he would be awesome... But I haven't reached that level of skill yet.

Edited by Schurge

Wow, this thread really took off without me. In light of the rule / argument about the detachments needing to have distinctive color schemes, I would just paint the Bloodletter-Plaguebearers Deepkin Flesh with a Sepia Wash, if for no other reason than to make it easier on my friends. It sounds like swapping out the distinctive swords would make it more acceptable as well.

The color rule for marines seems a little silly to me. My bases are covered, Red / Brass armor with black gloves and boots to mimic my Bloodletters ashen splotches can be any Khorne faction and with some slight adjustments could qualify as anything. It shouldn't be that hard though for people to remember the green guys aren't Salamanders when there are no Salamander detachments in your opponents list.

Plus it’s going by what the OP himself says, that he wants access to the stuff from the other chaos Gods (plural) whilst maintaining a Khorne theme. That implies that he’s going to have Khorne models (admittedly differently modelled) representing the forces of at least 3 of the Pantheon and if he’s bringing them in detachments it will have to be multiple units and unit types from each god too. Please believe me when I say I’m not being facetious with this question but Can you genuinely not see how that might be confusing for an opponent to have to keep track of all that?

Right now the only plan would be to have Bloodletter-Plaguebearers for screening and various Tzeentch Daemon Princes. Beyond a certain point it would cease to be a Khorne themed army at all by virtue of the mechanics and you couldn't make a reasonable conversion for say a Horror anyway.

EDIT: Maybe a smooth and red skinned Greater Unclean One with a chef's outfit with a giant bone in one hand and a bucked of skull soup in the other. I would call him "The Cook" and he would be awesome... But I haven't reached that level of skill yet.

Uhhh, you want to bet about the Horrors? Just ask McGibs:

Thanks guys! Hopefully I'll get some more painting done over the holidays.

Glad to see this up an running again! Do you still have your Imps?

I have my entire retro-marine deathwatch mostly assembled and ready to go, but aside from a test model, nothing's painted.

I look forward to seeing those one day, but I was referring to these which sadly no longer have an image :sad.:

Ohhh, literal Imps, not IMPerials!

http://mcgibs.com/wp-content/gallery/miniatures/chaos-imps01.jpg

Yeah. the little guys are sitting in my display case, counting as pink horrors. Unfortunately I've hardly used any Daemons in 8th edition because

1: my local comp makes allying them in difficult and

2: all the troop rules transformed them into massive horde units, and I only have 10 of each. Not much incentive to drop in 10 pink horrors anymore :/

Maybe one day I'll bump them up to 30 models and throw fireballs around again.

In regards to the Great Unclean One: I've been thinking of taking a Great Unclean One and making it a Bacchus-like Keeper of Secrets, so you're in good company with those ideas :lol: