New Cult

Hi there,

I'm moving into GSC very slowly, but I love models and rules, so the new army is "Inevitable"! :yes:

Some question:

If I have Brood Brothers from the main codex may I put them under the Blips? And If I take a detachment from AM, do they go under the Blips too? I understand that I cannot put them undergrond, but a bit of confusion about this point.

Do you think that a large number of Brood Broothers as bord control and to take objectives in my half of the table is a viable ways to play? I mean: while Aberrants and Accolyte strike in the deep of enemy lines, is it possible/usefull to have 30/40 Brood Brothers to controll my board (We usuallly play 2000/2500 points)

For now that's all. Thank you in anticipation

You can put Brood Brother units drawn from Codex: Genestealer Cults - therefore part of a GSC Detachment - under the Blips, but Astra Militarum detachments aren't GSC ones, therefore are deployed normally.

Brood Brother Infantry Squads from Codex: Genestealer Cults are different units to Infantry Squads who have <Brood Brother> from Codex: Astra Militarum.

Edited by Lord Marshal

I've been using brood brothers a fair bit in my games so far, as I don't have enough Cultists yet to make up a full force, but I do have 30-odd very retro guardsmen.

They're kinda useful as bodies, but have low damage output, die pretty easily, and most importantly, don't benefit from Cult Creeds. For 10 points per squad more, you could get neophytes who do the same jobs, but who also get creeds, aura benefits and so on. Done right, I feel like the extra cost repays itself in better troops and enhanced utility.