The new Ironhelms - Spyros' 42000 painting blog

Spyros

The list that drives the painting effort has been updated for 9th edition:

The armoured Ironhelms (1999 points - 12 CP)

Blood Angels Battalion (The Red Thirst, Savage Echoes, Defenders of Humanity)

105 - Primaris Captain, Hv.Bolt pistol, MC Power sword & Relic shield [Artisan of war] (Icon of the Angel)

170 - Chief Librarian Mephiston (primaris)

95 - Primaris Librarian, Force sword, Bolt pistol

212 - Intercessor squad (10), Power fist, Auto Bolt rifles, AGL

120 - Infiltrator squad (5), Marksman Bolt carbines

130 - Infiltrator squad (5), Marksman Bolt carbines, Helix Adept

105 - Bladeguard Veteran squad (3), Hv.Bolt pistols, MC Power swords & Storm shields

150 - Inceptor squad (3), Plasma Exterminators

120 - Eradicator squad (3), Melta rifles

90 - Eliminator squad (3), Bolt sniper rifles, Camo cloaks

361 - Repulsor Executioner, Hv.Laser Destroyer, Hv.Onslaught gatling, Tw.Hv.Bolter, Tw.Icarus Ir.Hv.Stubber,

Icarus Rocket pod, 2 Storm Bolters, Auto launchers

341 - Repulsor, Tw.Lascannon, Hv.Onslaught gatling, Onlslaught gatling, 2 Krakstorms, 2 Stormbolters, Icarus rocket pod,

Auto launchers

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/365451-the-armoured-ironhelms-2000pts-9th-primaris-combined-arms/

• 2 weeks later...

Perfect! So glad you removed that senseless skeleton :biggrin.: Where is the Chalice icon from?

It's one of the three icons from the Baal Predator. It has its own halo which I removed since the shield's was almost the same.

I too found the skeleton on the shield senseless and impractical, and it doesn't fit our aesthetics. I'm OK with the one on the standard.

Edited by Spyros

Oh man, Spyros, you're making us look bad!

I haven't finished a BA model in a while...

I started this effort on June 2019, trying to get a full primaris list for 8th.... not fast enough hehehehe!

At least now, after a few changes in the composition, I 'm getting close. I need 17 more models to make it operational.

Lots of distractions, trying hard to motivate myself to paint.

• 1 month later...

Grass Flock works like a charm!

And now, for the shake of my daughter that asked me to keep the Necrons from Indomitus box, I tried something else for the first time.

It would be surreal to base Necrons on green grass, so the test batch has grey bases that are covered on top with Astrogranite. It's very interesting, it creates something like lunar ground/rocks/dust.

Great work! I have a tips for your BA army. So you have good base coats and some highlights here and there on your models.Try this on as a smooth nice way of shading the recesses:

Materials:

Procedure:

1. Put some burnt umber oil paint and lamp black side by side separated on the piece of cardboard. They are quite dark and can look quite similar so a good idea is to write which is which. Wait for 1-2 hrs and watche the line seed oil being absorbed by the cardboard.
  2. Put some burnt umber in the mixing cup and apply the white spirit and througly mix so that the paint dissolves completely and no grains or chunks remain.
  3. To darken it up you can mix in a bit of the black, this way it will be more alike agrax earthshade.
  4. Apply the wash in the recesses with the fine tipped brush.
  5. Wait 30 min until the paint dries somewhat so that it does not look wet.
  6. Clean up the ecxess paint with a cleam brush that is a bit damp with white spirit.
  7. Allow to dry for 24 hrs.
  8. Optional stage is to give the model a coat of matt varnish (preferrably with an airbrush to seal in the paint job and oil wash).

• 2 weeks later...

I was just 6 models away from finishing the list that drove the painting...

Now I 'm 22...

The Crusading Ironhelms, 3rd company (2000 points - 12 CP)

Blood Angels Battalion

(Company Command, Chapter Tactics: Red Thirst, Troops: Objective Secured, Savage Echoes)

105 - Primaris Captain, Hv.Bolt pistol, MC Power sword & Relic shield [speed of the Primarch] (Icon of the Angel)

95 - Primaris Librarian, Force sword, Bolt pistol (Smite, Veil of Time, Psychic Fortress)

130 - Intercessor squad (6), Power Fist, Auto Bolt rifles

120 - Infiltrator squad (5)

195 - Assault Intercessor squad (10), Power sword

105 - Bladeguard Veteran squad (3)

185 - Redemptor Dreadnought, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught GC, Storm Bolters, Icarus rocket pod

135 - Outrider squad (3)

100 - Suppressor squad (3)

120 - Eradicator squad (3), Melta rifles

340 - Repulsor, Tw.Lascannon, Hv.Onslaught gatling, Onlslaught gatling, 2 Krakstorms, 2 Stormbolters, Icarus rocket pod,

Hunter-Slayer missile, Auto launchers

370 - Repulsor Executioner, Hv.Laser Destroyer, Hv.Onslaught gatling, Tw.Hv.Bolter, Tw.Icarus Ir.Hv.Stubber,

Icarus Rocket pod, 2 Storm Bolters, Auto launchers

• 2 weeks later...

I only ever painted a single bike back in 2nd edition. It was an Attack Bike with Multi-melta, and more specifically with the wargear item Recon Pack which increased the strategy rating of the army. The fact that the bikers couldn't take melee weapons was a bit of a let down...

Things changed, ages changed, so I believe the new Outriders arrival deserves some proper fanfare!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRUY1rvnvMc

gallery_93095_13469_384564.jpg

gallery_93095_13469_767320.jpg

gallery_93095_13469_862308.jpg

gallery_93095_13469_255044.jpg

gallery_93095_13469_484057.jpg

• 1 month later...