The new Ironhelms - Spyros' 42000 painting blog

Spyros

Those 10th Coy badges are ultra-preciseĀ :thumbsup:

I have a few precious 10th co decals from that good old A4 sheet from GW, but there are enough only for two 10-man squads. One is set is already used on my Infiltrators, so I tried to paint them. The lines are not smooth but the result was good enough for me.

Blabeguard Ancient... there's no blade on the model, what more can I say?

Another Bladeguard Ancient painted red? No...

We are not corpse worshipers (pun intended)! We do bring our own living dead on the battlefield, our Death Company!

We keep our honoured dead in their sarcophagi.

What we do have is standards, lots of them 'cause we 're artistic by nature.

(And I was wondering where I would use those beautiful decals from that wonderful GW decal sheet...)

Here's my version of a 1st Company Bladeguard Ancient!

The banner shows an angel with two blades... Bladeguard indeed! And a big grail for good measure. Red Grail... knights anyone?

gallery_93095_13469_141923.jpg

gallery_93095_13469_108010.jpg

gallery_93095_13469_373294.jpg

gallery_93095_13469_264521.jpg

PS. Instead of bitch-slapping the enemies with a skeletal hand, the Ancient bashes their heads with his Crux Terminatus!

Edited by Spyros

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Excellent work on the Prinaris Apothecary.

Thank you!

It definitely is a difficult model, tons of details for a simple apothercary.

I also wanted to make slightly different and more aggressive, so I made him hold both pistols over a DC marine instead of an intercessor.

I guess if the chaplain is not around then he can perform last rites too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

OK, so the last (fun) list that drove the painting list was fun, but in the end not even a little bit viable.

I reduced the tanks to one and it became a little better.

So after going though many tests I have reached to a new goal.

Ā 

The new list is again fully primarized. It is now all infantry, tanks just can't "tank" the damage, better to distribute it to as many models as possible.

(Besiades the Astartes are supposed to be wearing the equivalent of tank armour...)

Since It's all-primaris, I don't yet have access to jump-packs for the assault squads. But rushing forward never worked as I wanted it, not even with bikes.

And the Raider pattern bike of the primaris has a relatively huge base, it makes it difficult to maneuver other models around the small squad of three.

In the end I do prefer to make the enemy advance towards me and then counterattack.Ā 

Ā 

Here's my latest all-primaris madness:

Ā 

Tactical Fury, 3rd company (2000 points - 12 CP)

Ā 

Blood Angels Battalion

(Company Command, Chapter Tactics: Red Thirst, Troops: Objective Secured, Savage Echoes)

Ā 

100 - Primaris Captain, Plasma pistol, Power fist (Relic: The Armour Indomitus)

Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  WT: The Imperum's Sword, -1CP - Angel Exemplar: Gift of Foresight

110 - Primaris Chaplain [chapter command: Master of Sanctity], Crozius Arcanum, Absolvor Bolt pistol

Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  -1CP - Hero of the chapter: WT: Wise Orator (Litany of Hate,Ā  Recitation of Focus,Ā  Exhortation of Rage)

Ā  95 - Primaris Librarian, Force sword, Bolt pistol (Smite,Ā  Veil of Time,Ā  Psychic Fortress)

Ā  Ā  Ā 

100 - Intercessor squad (5), Astartes Chainsword, Bolt rifles

195 - Assault Intercessor squad (10), Power sword

Ā 

120 - Primaris ApothecaryĀ [chapter command: Master of Sanctity], Reductor pistol, Absolvor Bolt pistol

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā -1CP - Hero of the chapter: WT: Selfless Healer

105 - Bladeguard Veteran squad (3)

130 - Death Company Intercessor squad (5), Power fist, Astartes Chainswords, Hv.Bolt pistols

125 - Death Company Intercessor squad (5), Power sword, Astartes Chainswords, Hv.Bolt pistols

120 - Reiver squad (6), Special issue Bolt pistols, Combat knives,Ā Reiver grav-chutes

Ā 

135 - Eradicator squad (3), Melta rifles

135 - Eradicator squad (3), Melta rifles

330 - Hellblaster squad (10), Assault Plasma Incinerators

Ā 

The Intercessors will mostly hold objectives and the heroes will attempt to protect and guide the potent gunline.

The assault elements will either try to lure enemy charges away or wait and counter-charge.

The Reivers are loathed, but... I really want to try them!

As the opposing army advances towards meĀ  (since I wont initially), there are always week units left behind to hold objectives. Since the Reivers are BA they will hit harder and charge surer. At the very least I can certainly stop my opponent from gaining easy points.

Ā 

Ā 

I had a fully painted army, now I have to paint 3 Eradicators, 6 Reivers, and 10 Hellblasters. Oh well...

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
11 minutes ago, Majkhel said:

I love the upwards-facing MM!
Very EPIC! :laugh:
Ā 

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

Imperator_Titan_vs_Ork_Mega-Gargant.jpg

Ā 

The pose with all gun barrels upwards came from the RWS Ir.Hv.Stubber. I have it magnetized, not for movement, but for the possibility to gain a Multi-melta upgrade in the future.

A triple MM Gladiator would be awesome, the Black Templars can do it already.

As a side effect, it elevates...

Ā