Deathwing Stormraven colour scheme?

All 2nd company aircraft is ravenwing. All 3-10 is tech marines. The question is who flies for the deathwing?

Another thing to remember, fallen are rare. Decades go by without one being heard of. There is no reason a tech marine couldn't deploy alongside the dw, its not like dw only deploy when there are fallen to catch! Maybe when the nature is sensitive, a rw pilot will be used.

All 2nd company aircraft is ravenwing. All 3-10 is tech marines. The question is who flies for the deathwing?

That is actually a very easy question to answer.

The pilots that drop off and pick up special forces units and provide them air support are not part of the special forces unit.

That said the primary reason that the pilot is painted a different color than the aircraft is for contrast.  This is an art project after all.  Just about any way you paint this it will look good.  And even if it only looks good to you, that is ok too.

But enough talking... I want to see pictures.

Edited by ValourousHeart

So if the pilot is in the deathwing, does this mean he is an elite veteran of the chapter who fought for centuries (possibly) to reach the first company, only to be seconded to flying a transport?

This is where following the often questionable fluff will tie you in knots. Common sense would dictate to me that the most skilled pilots in the chapter would be tasked with transporting the most venerable warriors into battle. Red all the way.

So if the pilot is in the deathwing, does this mean he is an elite veteran of the chapter who fought for centuries (possibly) to reach the first company, only to be seconded to flying a transport?

This is where following the often questionable fluff will tie you in knots. Common sense would dictate to me that the most skilled pilots in the chapter would be tasked with transporting the most venerable warriors into battle. Red all the way.

Then that would be black, as the "most skilled pilots in the Chapter" are the Ravenwing.

Then that would be black, as the "most skilled pilots in the Chapter" are the Ravenwing.

Excuse me!  Ravenwing are the most skilled pilots in the Imperium.  Ravenwing is not your Uber Black!  If you want a valet to park your car, they are the ones over there in red.

So, for anybody interested, this is how the Stormraven is progressing:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/356290-dark-angels-outpost/?p=5347582

I'm glad I didn't go for all bone white. Ushabti Bone isn't the easiest of paints to work with!