Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Deathwing Stormraven colour scheme?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

farfromsam

farfromsam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 419 posts
I vote red techmarine! But, you like a RW pilot zipping around do it! You paid enough to get to choose
  • Steel Company likes this

JJD

JJD

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 939 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
When is a pilot Ravenwing and when are they a tech marine.

Paulochromis

Paulochromis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,566 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines, Carcharodons

The colour scheme for the Pilot (and servitor in gun turret) is a non-issue if you go with opaque canopies.

• Steel Company likes this

War will never cease until babies begin to come into the world with larger cerebrums and smaller adrenal glands. -H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)
It's not the genius who is 100 years ahead of his time but average man who is 100 years behind it. -Robert Musil (1880-1942)
People of small caliber like to sit on high horses. -Magdalena Samozwaniec (1894-1972)

19.jpg

jbaeza94

jbaeza94

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,048 posts
All 2nd company aircraft is ravenwing. All 3-10 is tech marines. The question is who flies for the deathwing?

Another thing to remember, fallen are rare. Decades go by without one being heard of. There is no reason a tech marine couldn't deploy alongside the dw, its not like dw only deploy when there are fallen to catch! Maybe when the nature is sensitive, a rw pilot will be used.

"Honor the Legion" - Common farewell of the Legion of the Iron Lion space marine chapter, children of the First.

k0EYErV.pngCovenant_of_Caliban_2_Banner.jpg

ValourousHeart

ValourousHeart

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,648 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Gossamer Shroud

All 2nd company aircraft is ravenwing. All 3-10 is tech marines. The question is who flies for the deathwing?

That is actually a very easy question to answer.

The pilots that drop off and pick up special forces units and provide them air support are not part of the special forces unit.

That said the primary reason that the pilot is painted a different color than the aircraft is for contrast.  This is an art project after all.  Just about any way you paint this it will look good.  And even if it only looks good to you, that is ok too.

But enough talking... I want to see pictures.

Edited by ValourousHeart, 13 July 2019 - 02:30 PM.

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,870 posts
Was just rereading Angels of Darkness today, on page 15 most of the way down the page, the mention a gunship in Deathwing livery, so to me it stands to reason its crew would be Deathwing as well for livery.
To all you Space Wolf Players... Its called a Razor and the Soap isn't a Daemon.
--Dremen

The Iron Hands, they are the real emo marines. Seriously. The Dark Angels aren't the ones who sit around cutting off bits of themselves, wearing black, and complaining about weakness and ennui...

--Octavulg

Son of Sacrifice

Son of Sacrifice

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 95 posts
So if the pilot is in the deathwing, does this mean he is an elite veteran of the chapter who fought for centuries (possibly) to reach the first company, only to be seconded to flying a transport?

This is where following the often questionable fluff will tie you in knots. Common sense would dictate to me that the most skilled pilots in the chapter would be tasked with transporting the most venerable warriors into battle. Red all the way.

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,674 posts

So if the pilot is in the deathwing, does this mean he is an elite veteran of the chapter who fought for centuries (possibly) to reach the first company, only to be seconded to flying a transport?

This is where following the often questionable fluff will tie you in knots. Common sense would dictate to me that the most skilled pilots in the chapter would be tasked with transporting the most venerable warriors into battle. Red all the way.

Then that would be black, as the "most skilled pilots in the Chapter" are the Ravenwing.

ValourousHeart

ValourousHeart

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,648 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Gossamer Shroud

Then that would be black, as the "most skilled pilots in the Chapter" are the Ravenwing.

Excuse me!  Ravenwing are the most skilled pilots in the Imperium.  Ravenwing is not your Uber Black!  If you want a valet to park your car, they are the ones over there in red.

Angel of Solitude

Angel of Solitude

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 165 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

So, for anybody interested, this is how the Stormraven is progressing:

http://www.bolterand...post/?p=5347582

I'm glad I didn't go for all bone white. Ushabti Bone isn't the easiest of paints to work with!

• ValourousHeart and Interrogator Stobz like this

ETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_01_.jpg

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,870 posts
Loving the look AoS!
  • Angel of Solitude likes this
To all you Space Wolf Players... Its called a Razor and the Soap isn't a Daemon.
--Dremen

The Iron Hands, they are the real emo marines. Seriously. The Dark Angels aren't the ones who sit around cutting off bits of themselves, wearing black, and complaining about weakness and ennui...

--Octavulg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users