Ork army log & kustom warboss

Nice! To reduce the risk of feeling overwhelmed of painting up the army as you build it. I strongly suggest that you finish painting that unit before building the next. So now its a good time to decide on colour scheme, fluff background (goffs, evil suns etc) and a basing theme.

That's a pretty sensible idea, I think I'm gonna go with Goff's on a sun blasted desert basing scheme using a crackle texture paint in places, what I'm stuck on is a colour scheme for the skin. I wanna go pretty detailed on these guys as I'm thinking of starting to do some nice narrative battle reports. Particularly something like Glazers creek or ferro giant alphus from white dwarf

Bah, don't worry about painting just have Guillermo do it.

In the past (I've painted and sold two ork armies..... of course I have a new one now.....) One great thing to do to keep a consistant look is get your skin process down, then write it down. I usually put mine on a post it next to my painting desk (doing that with a nurgle army now)  That way, you can vary you clothes/armoe etc... but the skin will be a binding feature for the look of the army. And definitely, batch painting is a thing.  Personally I like 10 at a time. Do all the skin in one session, all the teeth the next one, the armor...etc.  Looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

Bah, don't worry about painting just have Guillermo do it.

In the past (I've painted and sold two ork armies..... of course I have a new one now.....) One great thing to do to keep a consistant look is get your skin process down, then write it down. I usually put mine on a post it next to my painting desk (doing that with a nurgle army now)  That way, you can vary you clothes/armoe etc... but the skin will be a binding feature for the look of the army. And definitely, batch painting is a thing.  Personally I like 10 at a time. Do all the skin in one session, all the teeth the next one, the armor...etc.  Looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

That Guillermo he is an idiot, he cannot paint

That is a splendid idea, I'm gonna get a notebook I think to keep all the recipes in.

Your Ork Warboss looks promising. Yes, the claw is oversized, but as an Ork, his aesthetic sense is different from that of humans- what we call "goofy," he calls "AWESOME!!!"

Don't forget to remove the Chaos star from the arm, the Ork's chest, the vambrace on his left forearm. Chaos is NOT "Orky."

The claw does look a bit goofy, but I don't think it has anything to do with the size, I think it has to do with the number of joints in it. If you were to take out one of the sections (I'm thinking the middle one) I think that would help. It would take some cutting but it doesn't look like you have any issues with chopping up models. Edited by FlamingDeth